Sunday, April 24, 2016

Karen's Kanvas: Hand over the Chocolate, and Noone will getHurt!

Hi All,

 

I had written this back in February after reading  this humorous Self Help book.  I  did  not plan on sending it. I don't particularly  like it.  Well, not as much of some  of my work. I don't really think  any of  my work is good but if  it helps any of you  and/or  lifts your spirits or makes you smile  , than its worth it.  Take care and look below. 

 

  I had breakfast out and  a walk I took,

While at the Village inn,  I read a book,

One I began this morning at 3 am,rose with the birds,

Its been  inspiring, as I listened to the words.

 

I wanted  something that would   not make me go back to sleep for a long time,

But something that would encourage me,as I read the  lines,

Or heard the narrator speak. 

I have had one of those weeks,

Beginning of the new  year ,where  I looked at myself,

Was introspective,looked In the mirror, but that,isn't always  good for my mental health

 

At least those of us  whom   are perfectionist and expect  more from  ourselves  than  a family Member or a friend,

I realize that I need to send,

Myself  encouraging words and  look at my success,

For me, sometimes, that is hard  to digest,

, And even, makes it difficult to unwind and get good solid  rest.

 

 

What is this book I am  reading you ask,

That is opening my eyes again and unpealing the mask?

"Just     hand over the chocolate and no one will get hurt" ,is the title, it is true,

Its motivational,  humorous and teaches  you how to get through,

Times of stress,depression and help to obtain goals,

I decided to write now, and soothe my soul.

 

I was, going  to buy some groceries that I need,

Instead, it fed   the creativity within from what I did read.

 

As I sat at the Village Inn table,

And  red, the thoughts  just  flowed and I knew  that  I would  be able

To  write a post once I got   home  and on my laptop,

Later, I can shop,

For the food to nourish   my body  had to write, do this for  me,,

I knew this is where I  had to be,

If the words and thoughts were to appear on the page

  And arranged

Just so in real time.

 

This writer speaks of ways to overcome  the stress and  negative emotion without  devouring an entire box  of your favorite chocolate delight ,

Enables to shed some light,

And see the full glass ,

And knowing, whatever it is, it too will pass.

 

I  tell my friends  this  and believe  it to be the case,

But  often in the midst of it, I don't think it is, with all that  I face,

Dealing with and on my, plate ,

And sometimes, I get myself  in such a state ,

That I want to retreat and isolate  myself for awhile ,withdrawing ,seeing few reasons to smile.

 

If I were  talking to myself like I do a friend ,

Their spirit  I'd    lift and a positive message I send,

I speak  to him or her  with love  and Respect and be kind,

Assisting  to change their own mind ,

And alter  their perspective  and attitude,

So he or she would not want to dive into  unhealthy food,

               What, do they then, find?,,Who wants  unnecessary pounds on their stomachs and     their behinds?,

 I don't want extra weight on my butt,

Noone does , but we all, need a  friendly push  in the right direction  to get  out of a rut,

Out from under,and sort the pile

To  motivate and bring us  a smile ,

Even better  ,  make us laugh  , at our darkest  hour,

we ourselves,don't realize, that we ,already have the power,

Pray,hope and know,

help us, to continue, to go.

 

 

Sometimes  , I lose sight of my dreams,

That, Things  are worse  then they seem,

So I think,

I don't want to gamble or drink,

But  food seems  like my friend or eating nothing at all,

And  what seems right,is  putting  up the walls,

And closing the  doors  and hiding in my cave,

At moments,its hard to " ride the wave"

And just glide,

Enjoy the ride,

No matter  whether  the track is  going up or down and inside and out,

I don't like it, when unfamiliar is the  rout,

Or suddenly being turned  upside down, I feel lost and unshaken,

Not like some, who welcomes the mystery path their now  immediately taken.

 

I thought my outlook on  life was  a positive    one, and  maybe so?

But, sometimes, that side, I don't think I show.

 

In this book, they mention,having cheese   with that whine ,

We all do it some,realizing,maybe,I do it more then I think with certain  friends of  mine?

At times?,I go through    cycles and maybe somewhat extreme  about things?

Doubting self and wondering  if I have wings?,

  To fly and  succeed?,

  Thinking that my whining will help,is what I need and that  my true friends will  listen and  understand ,

Sometimes, they will and even lend  a hand,

And  heart and ears,

And they too, may disclose, their problems, dreams,hopes and fears

 

But after awhile and too much of this,they will  kick your butt  in a positive way,

So, you won't  continue to play,

The same tape and loop   in your head,

Allowing  you to think about what  they said,

And still motivate you  to be your best self,

Improve your mental health,

Abort those   negative  thoughts and remove that old junk

  Stop whining and get out of that funk!

 

True friends are the best! They are awesome  indeed!

However, we all have a purpose, look at   yourself, find the seed,

Help the garden  to  grow,

Take that risk,fill that  dream ,

In the  scheme of it all, no matter  what it is, its not as bad as it  seems,

  Know that  you are special and  we all  have similar experiences that  can help us to relate ,

And when your feelling  discouraged,just wait!,

Don't  grab for the chocolate  ,fries or a shake ,

Do something else, a better decision to make. 

 I know this is something that I need to apply   and follow ,

Sometimes ,News we get    ,is hard to    swallow

And we sometimes   , we eat Things we  shouldn't consume ,

But at the   moment,its  better than the  gloom.

 

Don't stay within  your cacoon, look for the  butterfly!,

Sore  high,

  The skies the limit!,reach for the stars!,

You will go far ,

  Living  your life and making your  mark ,take that leap!,

  Its your own to keep ,

Walk the Journey,  take that ride,

Hang on, go with the tide,

We all are on your side.  

 

No comments: