Saturday, May 08, 2010

Days 13 & 14: Bus,Train,Courthouse,Bank,Country work and Pizza

  its now Saturday May 8.  My instructor  Kristin is off today so I haven't  done anything today,off. its really nice to just relax. 
Wednesday night we had a lecture.  Dr.   Holly,the Vet spoke. There is lots of  valuable information  but she really doesn't make it very interesting. ( not like Lucas's lectures) SHHH SHH lol
Thursday May 6, Breakfast was yummy.  They had scrambled eggs with cheese on an  onion roll.  Kristin took Kim and I into Madison.  We  took both the bus and train there.  It was fun and the dogs did well
 Lunch; Veggie soup  turkey cheese wrap and strawberry shortcake.   
 
in the afternoon we  were  going to  do the Courthouse.  But,  We had to take Joyce to the Vet for her last check-up  before heading home to Phoenix. 
So,instead we walked to chase bank and worked the maze, getting around the ropes.   Joyce did  alright.
On the route we  passed a number of dogs and Joyce was very distracted.  I had to correct  her just about every time. Kristin says she is taking advantage of me because I am a new person,that the  dogs do this. This will be more of a challenge in some ways then other things. I have a dog phobia and I try to avoid dogs whenever I can and when I do encounter a dog,I am really frightened. 
 In late  afternoon Joyce and I went  to her Vet visit.  Joyce got a clean bill of health.  The  Vet Tec read her health Summary and vaccinations.    She will e-mail them  to me. She also gave me some frontline and  triguard for Joyce.
Joyce did have pink eye in 2009 and has warts on her lip right now.  They are caused by a virus and will go away.
Dinner we had Veal Marcela and mashed potatoes an some kind of cake with orange drizzle
 in the evening there was a lecture on  the harness and  freedom in the room with the dogs.   I am leaving Joyce for a short while a few times an she seems fine.  She may not have separation anxiety like both Topper and Dougie. I hope not, that is a difficult thing to  dealwith.
Yesterday May 7 was nothing really  too eventful. 
 For Breakfast we had pancakes and sausage. I  made it,into a wrap,like pigs in a blanket. :) lol.  it was  delicious !
 In the morning we walked to the Courthouse and worked inside.   Joyce  had an opportunity to practice walking around narrow areas  and where there are lots of people and also stairs.  We also got practice going through security.  She did just fine.  This will be helpful for when I fly home on Thursday.
 Lucas and I  did more clicker.  we practice  clicker  getting toour new seatin the dining hall. We are at a tableof 4,all men,.  All 4 of us are  fairly quiet.  It doesnt' make it  for a very interesting  table.  Oh,well. 
For lunch they served beef tacos,rice and refried beans.  I had no rice and beans,hate that,ick! lol. 
In the afternoon Kristin  took Kim and I into Morris plains to do country work.  one of us sat in the van while the other was   working with Kristin and using our canes and  dogs.  I had forgotten what  this was like and the technique is somewhat different  from what they had done years ago.
While Kim was  out  on her country route, the radio was playing.  Kristin had on Q 104.3  and I must say it was pretty good. I would have liked  to listen to WPLJ to see if it was the same format when I had listened years gone by. 
 They had flounder for dinner.  I just got the salad. One,I had  tacos for lunch but also some of us were talking about ordering Pizza later.
But we decided to do it today.
Most will be eating Pizza tonight.    noone volunteered to help organize the party,so I agreed to.  oh, well...
Hope it will workout.  Half of us are leaving Thursday and the Pizza parties are usually fun.
We do have a lecture tonight so not sure how it will go. 
This morning they had fried eggs,bacon and biscuits. The  egg was not very good,a bit runny,was better getting  scrambled.  But,can't complain, the food the majority of the time is fantastic,they  serve us wonderful meals. We also get  great service and  they all work very hard.
As said, I am off today. I just have been relaxing,just playing on  the computer and   catching up on sleep.
I did laundry last night so,that's  done.  Kim and I had a glass of red wine last night .  Others joined us and just hung out,no wine for them. The red wine was stronger,so I had a little bit of a  buzz. So I left earlier than planned to finish laundry and go to bed.
I kept Joyce in her crate.  it was  much easier to lug my laundry bag down to the basement without her. I don't like bothering others,hard to ask for help. it was  a little bit of a challenge  getting laundry out of the dryer and carrying it back to my room after the red wine but I managed.  I don't have red wine often,I forgot why,now I know.:)  grr lol.  I think I will stick to my Chardonnay. :) lol
Now,I am up to date.  its raining here and some have  visitors. Not sure if I will or not.
I just plan on getting more rest, and will call Darrell,Keri and Kay.   Will  talk to  family  tomorrow. 
I want to see how Keri is and also check in with Kay,tell her about Joyce and see how my Dougie dog is. 
Take care and enjoy reading.   

No comments: