Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Day 12: Elm Street solo,Dog care, and Freelance

Its 3 pm Wednesday afternoon.  Today has been a good day.
I woke up before the wake up announcement and my day was off to a good start. 
For breakfast they had French toast,ham and fruit. it was very good.
I was on the first trip this morning.  I did my solo.  It was pretty uneventful.  Tom did a traffic check with me with the the silent car and Joyce did great.!
I did have to stop for a few minutes because of my ankle was hurting  but I completed the route.
Joyce walked me around all the people,obstacles,tree branches,coffee tables and so on.  She even stayed to the left and did not shove me to the right,like she has been.  So,I guess,the technique we used with Lucas yesterday worked. 
When I returned to the lounge,the shuttle driver was there dropping students off for their trip so I and a few others took it back here to campus.
 I was hoping to lie down,get more rest and elevate my ankle (use the RICE Method) but, an announcement was made that there was a lecture up in the common lounge. 
This  one  was on dog care.  They showed us how to brush their teeth and clean their ears Joyce didn't like any of it.  They recommended the mint or vanilla flavors rather than the beef,chicken or liver flavored pastes.
After the lecture went back to  my room to change clothes.  It was  picture day.
Then,time for lunch.  Lunch was alright today.  They had a hot chili keish but I had the cold plate,turkey sandwich.   I skipped dessert and had fresh fruit. I tried  the drink "downtown" ( ice tea an  lemonade,pretty good,not sure why its called that but wasn't bad)
Again this afternoon I was on the first trip. We began freelance.  I graduated from doing routes to doing trips that we want to do , such as shopping,working on traffic,taking busses,trains etc. 
This afternoon,we worked on escalators and worked in Rite Aid. ( its like a CVS,Wallgreens or A& UP ) It was very crowded.  Joyce was a bit distracted. 
I picked up a couple items for Jeff and me and hen we headed back to the lounge
 we practiced a few intersections as well. Joyce wanted to stop by the salon,wanted mommy and her to get a facial :) lol
 
I got back to the lounge just in time to catch the shuttle back.
I stopped my Michele's office,just to chat.(her office is just a few doors down from my room) We had a nice chat.
Then,I went to the women's lounge to get some ice so I could make me a cold  glass of  crystal lite Ice Tea( some of the ice tea I brought that  Keri got me)There were no  soft  and cold ice packs so left the lounge without one.
Here I am now.   I am going to  lie down,elevate my foot and listen to the Vet lecture on  the mp3.  We have the vet lecture tonight.  It will be interesting.
 now,that this post is complete I can do other things tonight,like  groom Joyce and get to bed early.  Take care and until then,have a good day.

No comments: