Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 17: Hyatt,The Mall and Going Home

 Yesterday was a good day.  For Breakfast they had French Toast ham. Also juice and coffee. 
I had a mid morning trip so hung out with Dawn (Another retrain ) in the women's lounge. 
 We both had our exit interviews with Jim Kutch in the morning.   He had some structured interview questions,asking  all students regarding their training experience here.
Then,if we wanted to  address any issues,concerns or have any comments we can make those as well. 
 One of the  things I addressed was the technology issue,requesting that all information be in a  accessible format. 
 Right after I completed my interview with Jim,Kristin and I went over to Headquarters Plaza.  There is a Hyatt there. 
We  walked a few blocks,did some street crossings and also practiced going through a revolving door. I  don't like those but they don't bother me as much as escalators.  Joyce did fine.
We walked some of the floors where the guest rooms were,went up and down a few elevators, through some ballrooms,navigating tables and things.  We also passed the restaurants and a beautiful fountain near the lobby.  it seemed Joyce wanted to jump and play in it. 
By the time I got back,it was close to lunch. I checked mail n played on the computer.
For lunch  I had a big garden salad and minestrone soup. I didn't want the ravioli.  It was cold and didn't seem very good.  they also had a seafood salad but I don't like crab.   They had a  coffee butterscotch dessert.
 In the afternoon Kristin took 4 of us to the  Livingston Mall.  We were going to go to Rockaway Mall which I never been to but  we had to be back to campus by 3;30.  we  took one of the Students,Jaylene  with our class since her  instructor was in New York with a few students. 
I have  been to Livingston and Bridgewater malls before but it has been quite awhile.
  Kristin had us sit in the food Court an  she worked with one or two students  around the mall at a time .
Since it was Jaylene's Birthday and she loves to shop,she went first and was gone the longest.   Kim and I had gotten Seattle  coffee before Kristin and jaylene began their shopping.  It was right near these comfy couches we were  sitting at.
 Kristin   took Kim and I.  we  stopped in a sporting good store but didn't find anything I liked.  Kim and I both spotted the leather store from a distance away and we wish we had gone in there instead.  She likes leather as much as me.:) lol
 Ken was last and he was quicker than us women.  Went to radio shack and back at the food court in 5 minutes. 
Then,we  headed back to campus so Jalene could make it back for her vet appointment. 
I took a 30 minute nap before it was time to feed and take out the dogs.  Then,supper for us.
They had turkey,mashed potatoes and cooked carrots.  They  also had apple turnovers
After Dinner Shannon gave another lecture.       This one was on "going Home".  Things we need to remember when bringing our new guides home.  For example, start them out slow,gradually introducing them to people and  to get them slowly into our routine ,learning routes etc. 
Shannon also discussed the access information provided in the packet,cards to give to Restaurant  owners   or anyone in the public whom interferes with the training and our guides doing their jobs. 
Once that meeting  was over,it was time to take the pups out to park one last time. Then, Jeff and I sat in the  foyer and I had another opportunity to play with his ipod touch. 
It was another productive day. 

No comments: