Sunday, May 09, 2010

Day 16: Kings Grocery and Visit with Mary Anne

Today was a very good day,nice and relaxing.  We got to sleep in till 6;30. It was 46 degrees when we went to take the dogs out and  the wind was strong.  It definitely woke  you up,the cold brisk air that early in the morning.
After parc time, Jeff and I groomed our pups.  I also did obedience before Breakfast.
 At 8,we had breakfast.  We had omelets,English muffin, fruit and coffee.
 I went back to my room and called My  Mom.   Called to wish her  Happy Mother's Day and to chat for a bit.  I wasn't aware that you were reading Karen's Corner Mom.  Glad you're interested in the blog and   enjoy reading what is happening.
While housekeeping was  cleaning our rooms,Dawn and I sat in the women's lounge and chatted for a while. 
By then, it was almost time for me to go on my morning  trip.  Kristin and I drove to Kings Grocery.  It was an easy and fun  trip. 
 we worked on using clicker to  find the Customer Service desk. First,we placed the bell  by the desk,showed it to Joyce and she quickly rang the bell. I immediately clicked and gave her a piece of  kibble for  an reward.
Then, I gradually stood further back and had her find the  desk,first with the bell and reinforcing by  food reward.  Then, I was outside of the store,and had her locate the desk without the bell and food reward but   praised  her with positive words and affection.   Joyce did great.
Then we walked around the store.  Kristin  pulled the  cart,while I held onto the front and  pushed it,heeling Joyce.
We stopped at the meat,seafood,bakery and coffee sections and Joyce did wonderful,no scoffing or sniffing.  She was  very well behaved.
 I picked up a few items for Jeff and me and then we drove back to Campus.  That was it for today's lesson. 
For lunch they had grilled chicken in this spicy honey mustard  sauce and roasted potatoes.  it was pretty good.
 I relaxed in the afternoon.
Around 2;30,got a phone call. It was  my friend Mary Anne.  I wasn't planning on having visitors.  But,guess, marry Anne was  not busy and stopped by for an hour with her  12 year old  daughter Lydia.  I met Lydi when she was  small but she didn't remember me.
They both  love Joyce and had a great time with her. and visiting with me.   marry Anne and I were  telling Lydia  stories of what the other was like and had done in High school and fun things that happened when visiting with each other's families.:)
lydi was  telling us about her experience in third grade visiting  here at the Seeing Eye when her class took a  tour of the place.   Again the visit was way too short but I am grateful I had a chance to  see her while here in n. J. 
marry Anne and Lydi stopped by Subway before heading over to Morristown.  I knew  dinner would be keish so had her get me a small tuna on wheat. 
I did go down to dinner but just had the soup and some lemonade. they had deep dish ham keish and Boston cream pie for dessert but I didn't have it.
Free for the evening. some of the students are in the dog massage lecture tonight. I  went to that last night.
I think I will begin a new book and maybe, hang out in the common lounge for a little while. I still have some while wine  left so today when at the  grocery store  picked up some  cheese.
  Joyce just went into her crate.  I wasn't sure, but there she was,lying in it.  How cute! now, she is  playing with her bone. 
 I  just checked the weather.  In phoenix it is 91 degrees  with a slight breeze at 3;30 pm,the low 62. 
in contrast, here in Morristown N. J its now  partly cloudy 57 degrees,low 36.   there is a brisk breeze.  ( tree branches fell in Morristown during the night/today).  tomorrow it will be 64 for the high and the low  37 ( I just closed my window,getting too cold in my room ) . 
Tomorrow morning we will be going to Headquarters Plaza hotel. That will be good work for Joyce since I work for Hyatt.
In the afternoon,I think we will  be going to Livingston mall(near Basking Ridge where I use to live). 
That's it for now.  take care and  stay tuned for  the happenings of my last 3 days here.  Time is slipping away.  Have a good night. 

No comments: