Saturday, February 14, 2009

DDD: From the Dougster,Being there for Mommy and Happy Valentine's Day!

It's me Dougie

, here to write some more D-mail, it's been a long time,

Hope you humans are doing fine?

And my canine friends, like Olli, Julio and Herald too,

Herald is a friend that is new

We have not met yet,

And Julio, only know you, from the net,

Never met your Mommy Nickie, feel like I have known her my entire life at
least 7 years for me, that is much

And sorry, I don't keep in touch,

As often. It's difficult when you don't have thumbs and a limited
vocabulary, a strong command

Understand?,,

Don't comprehend well the English language, that most of you speak,

But, I am herewith Mommy, love her 8 days a week,

And Daddy too, but Mommy I am with her 24/7,day and night,

At work,home,here when she writes,

When she is running errands or out with friends, I am by her side,
every step of the way,

Just like I was with her the other day.

I don't like to see Mommies scared, hurting, and anxious you know?

When, the surgeon pricked her so much, it hurt her bad, I got up, and they
then, wanted me to go,

I just wanted to be close to her, wag my tail ,lick her and assure her,
she will be okay

But, the Doctor and the nurse did say,

Go To Daddy! And then Daddy called me, but I did not want to leave Mommy,
she needed me

Near her, I wanted to be.

She was shaking out of nervousness,

Though, she was trying to stay strong and do her best,

She hates needles and they always have trouble doing her IV,

And her body does not respond well to anesthesia, you see,

So, that is why both Daddy and me,

Were there, she needed our support,

But, my time in the office was cut short

After they got the IV running, Dad and I had to leave,

This, I couldn't believe

Thought they would allow me to stay,

It should have been okay,

But, I was in the way,

Guess, there wasn't much room for their equipment, the surgeon did explain
to him. he understood,

But for me, it wasn't at all good

However, I did obey Daddy, resisted but did go with Daddy, with him I
went,

And for 2hours I spent,

With Alice and Daddy.

They took me to lunch, but did not feed me anything, not a single bite,

That isn't right,

Is it? Like a good boy I did lay,

Under the table, knowing Mommy I'd see later that day

I really did not cry, but sulk I did,

Just like a Kid,

Had my butt and tail under the table, but, my head out, so I could see
everything around me that the Server brought,

Man, did it look good, it was steamy and hot,

Sure it was tasty, and so good it did smell

From what I remember, from what Daddy did tell,

Mommy! Daddy and Alice sat

Eating and they did chat,

Yapping away, don't know about what, could be about anything,

The nurse had to call them back, a second ring

Saying Mommy is waiting, let's go,

She needs us, you know?,

When we left without Mommy I was reluctant to get in the car, yet, I had,

I was upset, feeling sad,

But, when we arrived back at the Clinic to get Mommy, everything then
was alright

I was so happy to see Mommy, I was garking with delight

Jumping and excited to see her, my best friend,

I wanted to be there, to help her mend

Mommy wrote a dose about Valentine's day, about special people in her
life, like me and you,

I love you all too,

But I love everyone, unlike She,

And I know everybody loves me.

Mommy, Daddy, our family and friends are the best! I too, want it to be
known

Don't again groan

This is not the same message, that Mommy wrote and posted to her blog,

This is from me, the Dougie Dog.

Mommy is having trouble to recover,

From what I have seen,

Early morning's and late nights are not at all good for her,

Better times, I wish they were

Then,She is in much more pain and her stomach is sometimes upset,

And medicine and something to eat she sometimes needs to get

Because the medicine is too strong and makes her stomach feel worse

She doesn't need a nurse,

Just TLC,

From Daddy and me

Her mouth does hurt ,more when she talks, so its been more quiet here

And I am staying near,

Staying close as I can be, without being in her way

Trying to help her get through the day

Don't know how to use the microwave or can not reach the freezer to get
her ice cream

But can guide her, we are a good team

I am not supposed to go in the fridge, where the carrots are, the big
orange sticks are stored for me,

In the Kitchen, I am not supposed to be,

So I can't assist her, get her yogurt, pudding to help her right now, but
do give her waggie tails give her kisses on her face,

and follow her from place to place

As much as I am able

Lie near the table,

Near her computer desk, on the bed, would do more!,

now,its 3;04,

Mommy says I need to go, we have work to do,

Before Daddy gets home, want to be through.,,

So, I have to cut this short get on my way,

Just want to say,

love you all too. Happy Valentine's day.

No comments: