Friday, November 28, 2008

Mountain Wings: What I Truly Wanted

MountainWings A MountainWings Moment
#4293 Wings Over The Mountains of Life
-------------------------------------------------

What I Truly Wanted
====================

My daughter was home after graduating from college and like most
was unsure of the next step. After a few rounds of active
discussion she was still unable to decide. It seems that she
was trying to follow everyone's advice at the same time and no
two opinions were the same.

Like every parent out there who has been in this position,
I realized that whatever the decision, I was going to have to
break out the old checkbook one more time. Everything worked
its way out as everything usually does, but in this process
I started to think of all of the things I truly wanted:


I wanted a new stereo...
I got my daughter a new bicycle

I wanted to join a health club...
I got my daughter dancing lessons

I wanted a fishing boat...
I got my daughter a new computer

I wanted a new car...
I got my daughter through college

I wanted to be happy...
I GOT MY DAUGHTER

It is sad that most of us do not understand what we truly want.

I count my blessings everyday because HE knew what I truly
wanted.

Life is full of little adjustments;
the trick is to see them when they appear.


~A MountainWings Original by Mike Reed, Mandeville, LA~


Thank you for inviting MountainWings in your mailbox.
See you tomorrow.

Forward this issue to a friend or send them the link below:
http://www.mountainwings.com/past/4293.htm

No comments: