Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Today's KDD: Where,were you on that September Day? and Darrell and our day off Together

Its 11; 15 on Wednesday September ten

I am sure everyone does Remember When,

The Terrorists did Attack Here in the U S of A?

Seven years ago tomorrow will be the day,

I know, I can't forget,

And I am sure many of you watched the News on TV? Or red about it on the
Net?

I am sure many of you have heard that Alan Jackson Song, Where were you
that September Day?

I thought about all those I care about, that tragic day,

When, that song does play.

Many, including me, did not have as much work for awhile, those of us in
the Tourist Industry it did concern,

Not as much money, I did earn,

At work, occupancy was very low

Business was quite slow,

Only 6 % occupancy in our Resort

Some guests, had relatives, lives cut short,

And were on the plane from Boston, Flight 111,

And though, their loved ones are now in Heaven,

I am sure they miss them so,

And many Guests, nowhere, they could go,

No one could arrive or depart,

Some left with a broken heart,

And that Alan Jackson's Song was Top on the Charts,

Along with "Will you remember" by Sarah Mclachlan and the one by Lone Star,
that now escapes my Brain

And I think today or tomorrow, we will get rain?

Darrell and I are not quite awake, not on the ball

And on 9-11, not many in the halls

Roaming, exploring the Resort, most stayed in their rooms, that is what
they did choose

To do, wanted to watch the news

Reflect and ponder,

Wondered, what was yonder?

What their future held,

For us all, as their eyes swelled

And unable to express their sorrow

Praying, hoping, there would be something to look forward to tomorrow?

And the next,

Many sending their love and seeing if all are safe by sending text,

Messages and making phone calls, many unable

I recall, hearing, "All Circuits busy", so, we continued to watch the cable,

And it was difficult to work, our thoughts with our Friends and Families,

Here in our Nation and over Seas

Especially inN Y C,

How can this be?

"Have you forgotten"? hope that is not the case

Some are just not able to accept others of another race, or Religion or
understand their heritage,

Why, can't folks, just live?

And tolerate one's culture? Belief's? And Attitudes?

Did things, have to reach that magnitude

Be so violent? Such Brutality?

You say, not that simple? It is for me

I am a peacemaker, Darrell says, I would be a good Diplomat?

On that September day, where were you at?

Some say, I am a passivist, I don't think so, not as much as in my younger
days

My consciousness was raised,

Of Foreign affairs and how some are so cruel and unkind

These things are always in the back of my mind

Though, I understand War on an Intellectual level I don't emotionally

Peace I know, there will never be,

There will never be complete harmony

In this World. Some love to be aggressive, have power and Take command,

Be in control, no matter on what land

On who's Soil?

Very glad, the CIA, has foiled

Many plans for future attacks, what a relief, that they have come to our
Aid,

A difference it has made.

Wish they could negotiate?

Wouldn't that be great?

Will never be possible, yet, one can hope, dream, okay?

Darrell and I are both home today

Here, we are chilling out, occupying our time,

Both of us doing our own thing on the net, hope you all are fine?

And that your day is going splendidly?

And here, so soon, is another KDd,

From me to you,

Not much new,

Darrell is enjoying his Classes at ASU

Receiving all A's,

And at work, they are in the last phase,

Of the Guest Room Rennovation, not many stay, due to the construction,

And hope Friday, my headset will function?

Said, most everything last night,

And today

Also Remember, when we did a Tribute to 9-11 on Our Show, the Desert Café

So, I will wait till maybe the weekend okay?

To compose another verse

Some of you, we may converse

Before Then?

And all of you do remember,

And for now, have a wonderful tenth of of September day.

No comments: