Saturday, August 30, 2008

Today's KDD: Celebrating ACB Radio's Birthday and Red "Hideaway"

Today is August 30, Labor Day Weekend,

How are you my Friend?

It is almost mid day,

And it is ACB Radio's Birthday

ACB Radio is 8

Many staff does Celebrate,

I am listening to Interactive as we speak, write,

And fortunately, we did not get a storm last night,

Yet, we did the night before

And by the end of the weekend, we will get more

Rain, hail, and strong wind, at times, 100 MPH we also lost power,

And I still haven't taken a shower

Sitting in my slippers and P J's,

And I return to work in 4 days.

I have enjoyed my vacation, did not do much, and got much rest,

And later today, going to Applebee's for lunch, delicious food we will
digest,

They have a special, Endless Shrimp ribs and chicken fingers. scrumptious
indeed,

And another Novel, I did read,

Dean Koontz, "Hideaway" also filled with suspense,

And the storm the other night was quite intense.

The storm kept us awake

We thought our window was going to break

Whistling was the wind, I am sure trees were swaying

Not going anywhere this weekend, home we will be staying,

Except to Applebee's,

And we definitely had much more then a breeze,

The other night,

If we could see, am sure it would have been a sight,

And we had a small leak,

And hope you all had a good week?

The hail had made too holes in our window frame, we placed a bucket
under,

And all night, we heard thunder,

We were worried our carpet would get wet,

And we are listening to Naama and Jeff on the net

I think some of you would like "hideaway" if you like mysteries, then you
will

And Applebee's we will get our fill.

The basic premise is this couple is struck in their car by a drunk driver,
the wife, barely alive

And the husband dead, before the hospital they do arrive,

They both have hypothermia and injuries,

The Wife is semi conscious, only can whisper, Help please!

Which they do get they are rescued, treatment they do receive,

Yet, the rest you may not believe

The husband was resuscitated and brought back to life,

Amazed is his Wife,

And the medical staff,

But, this is not the half,

The mystery is, that this man is somehow linked to another person whom is
between two worlds among the living and the dead

And this Guys, sees vision, sees things in his head,

They are satanic thoughts,

And after a couple months, help he sought,

Yet his Doctor says nothing is wrong

But did not take long,

When he began having nightmares and the visions became much stronger, quite
vivid: of course now, affecting his life

And this evil man, locates him, attempts to kill his daughter and wife,

This younger man hasn't made it to the other side,

And right now, Darrell is reading a book for School, called Words Collide,

Teaching one how to write, grammar, sentence structure, so our writing is
clear, crisp, and lively,

And I know, not much these days, your hearing from me.

Though, I am not taking the class, I will be reading this book as well,

And this Guy who is quite deranged has not quite gone to hell,

No more I will say,

Don't want to give it all away

We may go for a swim,

And Darrell began his classes; things are going well for him,

Need to go get dressed,

And feeling pretty good definitely did get some rest

My body and mind are more in sink,

And this afternoon, not going to get anything to drink,

At least, I don't think?

It isn't 5 o'clock anywhere

And yesterday, our maintenance Guy Jim, our window frame, he did repair

The window frame from the outside he did seal,

And always at Applebee's we do have a good meal

Just came back from there had both dinner and lunch,

We did not get appetizers to munch,

Yet, the endless special platter

The shrimp was not dipped in beer batter

But was fried, preferred grilled then fried

Had shrimp and fries on the side,

Then had ribs and I had a drink, yes one in the middle of the day,

, We are expected more Thunderstorms today,

I had a screwdriver O.J and Vodka, not Gin or beer,

And ACB Radio will begin its ninth year.

I do recall when I was 8, much easier information at that time, I did
retain,

And in the summer we went to Maine,

Since I was about 3,

Everything seemed to click and fall into place, at 8; we were living in
New Jersey,on Pembroke Trail

I loved to write letters, would send snail mail,

Enjoyed running, music and ballet,

And almost over is the day

It is after 5 O'clock,

And hanging out with Debbie, Jeff and Darrell, playing rock,

And discussing funny moments on the air and an impossible question we did
play,

Also joined the Virtual Birthday Party was Jorgen, Monte and Johnny J,

Take good care, okay?

Not sure when I will write? when, that will be?

, so, stay tuned for another KDD,

Same place, different time, my friend,

And enjoy your Labor Day Weekend.

No comments: