Sunday, August 31, 2008

Today's KDD: Not feelling great,When I was 8 and ACB Radio's Birthday

Today, is August Thirty-one,

Not much today, I have done,

It is now 2; 32,

Things I need to do,

Like housework, always something to clean, scrub, mop or dust

And the day after Tomorrow I resume work, I must,

Don't really want to go,

And later, we will listen to Larry T, do his Show

On ACB Radio, Celebrating ACB Radio's 8 TH Birthday

What we have heard so far, we have liked what they have all played

Today, I am not feeling the best. Earlier I had an allergy Attack
sneezing and congested,

Took a Claritin, and rested

Feel better,yet,lost some time

And should get to bed by nine,

Tonight and Tomorrow, since Tuesday have to be up at 4;30

And should go clean, have a kitchen that is dirty

Rather read another book," Dragon Tears"

And I remember 8, that was many years,

Ago, that I was 8,

It was 1972,73 was the date

Hard to believe I am that old

And I am looking forward to the cold,

To the fall

And 8 was a very good year for me, much I do recall.

As some of you know, I had many obstacles to overcome, in my path,

And even back then, I wasn't very good at math

Enjoyed reading more, still did not read as much for pleasure

And back then, had rhythm, loved to dance and sing, memorized each measure

To my favorite songs on the radio,

And after School Ballet and Brownies I would go

During that year, much I did learn, not just academically,

Things then, finally, started became easier for me

Like playing basketball, riding a bike, did not need my training wheels
anymore,

And swimming, loved the shore,

The beach, in Maine,

And no longer "patterned" needed my Brain,

I was delighted

And not really adjusted, being among the blind and the sighted

I felt like I was in two worlds in" no man's land"

I was legally blind but not fully sighted, understand

I had partial sight,

And even back then, I express my thoughts best when I did write,

I had that writing bug, even as a little girl too,

And I red Nancy Drew

And still read mysteries today

And at the Moment,, I hear Prince,1999, play

And should go soon okay ?

If you want to know more about ", Patterning" I will enclose the link,

It had an major impact on who I am today, enabled me to think

Will provide you all with the URL,

And you can research on what they do with Children with TBI and those, who
are well

I had a TBI. Traumatic Brain Injury, related to my eye condition

You can read all about the institutes, all that they do, their philosophy
and mission

Truly think, I would not be the same person, would not achieved as much,
wouldn't had

I owe most of it, to my Mom and Dad,

For all they have done,

Especially then, it was after 8, that I began to have fun.

Well, 30 minutes have passed,

And time is ticking, this day will not last

I have a kitchen to clean, nicer it will be,

And other things that need my attention, that if I don't do, will be waiting
for me. Lol

There is always another time, another day,

Yet," no time like the Present, as they say

For August, I only have posted 6 KDD's to my site,

Hopefully, more in September I will write?"

That does all Depend, if my work situation has improved? I think, that is
the case,

Reality is, I have to return to my work place

Tuesday morning, September two,

And so do many of you,

Most will Either go to work or school, contribute somehow in your
Community

That is the way, it should be.

Take good care, stay safe this Labor day weekend

And check my site another time my friend.

http://www.iahp.org/

No comments: