Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Today's KDd: Hot,is the Summer, it does Sizzle,Going Green and Renovated rooms complete

It is Wednesday June 18, at 9; 02,

How are you?

Last night, I had a KDD to post,

Soon after Darrell and Jeff, did host

Their Main Menu Show, suddenly Jaws crashed and the document was no
longer completely there,

Much with you all I did share,

Not sure what happened? was saving, did do a control S,

Told myself, not to stress,

Jotted down, notes of what I wrote, of things I had said,

Then, went in the other room, spend time with Darrell, watch Home
Improvement and went to bed.

Guess, it was not meant to be?

For last night, to send a KDd?

To post a dose to my blog?

Made sure, my thoughts after, I did log,

So, I had something to write, here and now,

And I love Laughing Cow,

That is a brand of Cheese; I am like a mouse, not a cat,

And when, I was 4, ate dirt, down the slide I did go, and I sat,

Don't recall doing this, and not sure why?

At least that is better, then making Mud Pies, lol

And are you "Earth Wise"?

I had no interest then, of recomposing, by that point my energy was zapped

However, hopefully, now, I can re-cap,

And recreate, it all for you,

And have a decent piece before this is all through?

Now, I am here, in the Present,

And I do love, beef, seafood, Turkey, not ham or Pheasant

And for me, receiving a massage is not at all pleasant,

Yet, I enjoy, giving a massage now and then,

And it is 30 minutes before ten.

So, let me go back one night past,

And tell you about the two hour show that did last

Here on ACB Radio, on Mainstream,

As well as give you an update on our Housekeeping team.

In their First Hour, they had a recorded segment, with Shane Jackson &
someone named Holly, review cell phones, expressed what are the best,

I am sure, a few, they all did test,

Maybe, what, in their opinion, for blind folks is the worse type of phone

As well as mentioned their Guide Dogs, that they sometimes, have a mind of
their own

And at times, the dogs like to take their Master, places, they frequent
a lot

And here in phoenix it is very hot,

To put it mildly,

And think, today, I will actually have a KDD?

I think, it will be about 112 or so,

And, I am glad, today, work I don't have to go,

I worked my regular 40 hours and also worked about 10 hours of Overtime,

And last night and today, I am feeling fine.

Last night, I surprised myself; I was in the mood to write, it was just
frustrating, that I had nothing to post to my site.

Anyway, Sorry, I went off track,

Think both Holly and Shane, have been On Main Menu, to discuss the Mac

Also with Darcy and Shelly?

Not Kelly or anyone from Microsoft, compared the Mac to the windows
platform,

And don't like it when, it gets this warm

Looking forward to when, it does get cool,

And today, is the last day of school,

For my Niece's Jo Anna and Katie and my Nephew Bobby who live in Mass ,

And I know, most of the Country, are paying $ 4 for gas

That is crazy, and concerns many of us

And when, I get to the subject of work,

I will mention the dust

And how things there are progressing,

But I am digressing,

I seem to do that, Please, don't go

I will continue to tell you about the Main Menu show.

In the second Hour, which is LIVE, They had Mike and Matt from Serotek.
They have been on Main Menu in the past as Guests,

Last night, they discussed their Contest,

Their Hot "summer sizzle",

If you're interested, check it out, before it does fizzle

If you want to be part of the computer age

Go to the ACB radio interactive page.

If you would like an "Life Time Digital Home Make Over, Participate,

Don't Wait!

Before, it is too late,

And you lose your window of opportunity

To have some very hot technology, if you cannot see

So, don't stay in the dark, open your eyes,

As Mike said, doesn't matter if you use Window-eyes

Jaws, or already, their software, System Access, their Screen reader

If you would like an edge, take it, may help you be a leader

Give you a chance of a lifetime that you otherwise, may not have had?

To assist you to get a job? Go to college, become a grad?

They also mentioned their new version of system access to go,

It is 3.0.

As stated, read up, get on the shtick

The clock, does tic,

Get on the ball,

Don't stall,

Get in the game,

Please, don't forget your name,

And their questions, do complete

Don't you think, winning a Lifetime Digital Home Makeover, would be really
neat

I think so. would like to see someone whom does not have any technology of
any kind

Who has found themselves in a bind?

Between a rock and a hard place

That, he or she, hardships, they have had to face

Someone, that this adaptive technology, they can't afford

Yet, would have so much to gain from it, what a reward!

Don't you think?

Hurry, go to the link

While, the deal is still hot,

If you procrastinate, it will not,

It will be ice cold

Are you sold?

And the opportunity is down the drain,

What do you have to lose? You have more to gain,

Don't send your e-mail's on this to the recycle bin,

The contest, you can win,

Don't toss it, in the trash,

Do dash,

On over, and do what I say,

For you, it could be, an exciting day

Okay, enough of all that,

Not much more I can say, about Mike and Matt

Don't know much about those two,

And I have more to say, at this rate, I will not be through

Nor, your attention, I will not keep,

Besides, I want to relax, read, watch some telli, do sleep. ,

A novel I want to be reading

And catching up on sleep I am definitely needing

Tomorrow, to work I do return,

And, healed, is my sunburn,

Yet, not 100 %, almost a month, a very long time, the very worse one, I
ever had

And hope on Sunday, some time you spent with your Dad

Or at least called him?

And since, Memorial Day, I haven't gone for a swim

Not much sun, I have seen,

And have you gone "Green"?

And don't know about you, I did not like being a teen

Yet, who does

And now, I will begin to tell you about how my week was

And hope you will go "Green, you can conserve energy, save time and
Resources

And this morning, Darrell had a meeting with Beth, his Academic Advisor,
regarding his courses

And at work, we joined forces

With Engineering and the construction crew,

So much to do!

Hopefully soon, a final decision on his Classes, Darrell will make

And today a siesta I will take

That is a nap, for those who don't know, alright? Lol,

And maybe, you will decide, to go "Green" and do bite?

Become a "biter",

And I wonder, am I, a writer?

Moving on, this dose is now 4 pages,

And I will describe, how lately I have earned my wages,

My pay

, Assisting our Guests, who have decided to stay?

With us,

At our Hotel, despite the renovation and all the dust,

Noise and inconvenience and everything,

Positive changes it will bring.

Since I have been employed there, many changes I have seen,

Besides, they too, going "green",

Much renovation, they have done,

While, a business, we continue to run,

In Scottsdale, herein town

Some may say, the hotel, just shut down!

For a few months or so,

In the long run, the business will grow?

A profit will be made?

However, employees will not be paid,

Most of us are hourly

It will not benefit, employees like me.

So, we don't close our doors, we serve our guests

For some, the renovation is difficult to digest,

They are not happy, when they arrive, and all the noise they hear

The noise won't diminish, by getting a beer,

Since I have been there, the lobby, the spa and the restaurants have been
renovated,

Who knows, maybe, those things, they have could have waited?

The Housekeeping office and Front desk area as well,

That, isn't all, that has been done to the Hotel,

Also, The Pool was rebuilt too,

Now, the guest rooms will be new.

Personally, I think, they should work on the roof. It is 20 years old,

More rooms will be sold

There would be fewer leaks, floods, and room Moves on a daily basis,

Less issues, and seen, will be more faces

With smiles and new folks to our Resort for business and or pleasure

Yet, I am not a business woman, Sales, I can not easily measure?

But, I think, there would be more guest satisfaction? And increased in
Sales for both our groups and our individual Guests?

I just want what is best,

For everyone,

For us staff to earn a living and our guest to have fun,

Herein the valley of the sun,

Or there meetings to go well,

Hope, they will continue to choose our hotel.

Our Resort, I hope, people will continue to choose?

Not go somewhere else for business? Or on vacation, take a cruise?

Go Hyatt! not Holiday INN, Best Western or Marriott,

Yet, I can't blame anyone, if they don't want to come here when it is hot,

Yet, it is beautiful from October to April

Hope, then, they will?

Anyway, I know, Jeff, last night, you said, we all need chaos now and again,
yet I have had enough for awhile

And last night, Darrell and Jeff, did upload the main menu file,

For you all to hear, to review,

And I will continue to tell you all about the work we had to do,

To get these renovated rooms on time, for Honeywell

It was hectic to say the least, at the hotel,

This past week,

Now, quiet I seek.

I am so glad, phones aren't ringing off the hook

And after this, I will read a book,"

Lightening" and relax and post this to my site,

Before tonight

We had 130 renovated rooms we had to have back by 4 pm on Monday, most of
them, the front desk did get

Our deadline we met

The ones, we did not, engineering, had things to do, like Vent's and
outlets, anything else I am not sure

I know, some rooms were

Not completed the right way,

Reversed wiring were A C's and phones, so, that stuff will be done today,

The order for them is tall,

This past week, many in the hall

You had construction crew, painters and other engineering staff,

And that isn't half,

You had housekeeping. some of our staff

From what my Boss had said,

Our staff sped,

To get rooms clean, assemble beds

And other furniture, placed just right,

To make sure light fixtures worked, so the guest could read at night

Cleaned the windows, so, the guest would want to open it a crack,

Made sure it was all done, so the guest would perhaps, would want to order
a snack,

From room service or take a shower,

That they had access to the phone, the internet, TV, that they had power

And their room was very clean and cool indeed

The renovation put in long hours, after, the Hotel, did feed

A break, they did take,

One night, they ordered room service, not sure if it was good or bad

Just know, extremely long hours, they all had

Meanwhile,, I was running the office , the main operation, each day,

Serving our guest who did stay ,

Making sure, they received what they did need, that there time, here was
great,

I also did delegate,

Made sure, the public areas and some of the Outlet areas, that we are
responsible for,were cleaned too,

It made it possible, for the other work for all the other staff to do.

We had some staff, cleaning occupied rooms

While, other team members picked up the brooms,

And the mops, and the vacuums,

And scrub the new rooms,

heard each new room took 2 hours,

They had more then just the showers,

To deep clean, there was so much dust, in each,

I am sure, step ladders, some needed to reach,

The top?

And they did not stop,

Until they were done, then on to the next,

While, I was down in the office, writing down request in text,

Logging requests in Ms Word or reviewing Group Resumes or e-mails in excel

Others were doing their thing, in other departments at the Hotel.

As you can see, it was a lot of work. that was for sure,

And yesterday, rewarded we all were.

Our Hotel General Manager and room Service staff yesterday afternoon
brought us down a treat

For the fact, all the new Guest rooms are now complete,

It wasn't just for the A.m staff

They waited, including the Pm,staff,

The entire crew,

That, is the thing to do

Not exclude anyone, the rest of the hotel,us,Housekeeping,they do
appreciate,

So, provided us, a snack, so we ate.

Wow, this KDD,is 7 pages, will it be 8

They served us Nacho's, chips with guacamole and ice cream,

For the entire housekeeping team.

I did not have any Nacho's, but had ice cream and guacamole with chips

And,did you know, the Celtics one the Championship

I did not watch the game, though, I like basketball. it is my favorite
sport,

I was just too busy, working at the resort

It is now,12;01,

Have been writing for hours, so, soon, this will be done

Will be getting on my way,

Don't' want to be here all day

Glued to my seat, you know?

So, I am going to go,

A break myself and you, I am finally giving

And at the end, a link, to " Green Living",

I wil enclose

And another day, a KDD I will compose,

I will now, scoot,

And hope the next time, when I write, my system, I will not have to boot?

Perhaps, this was a better dose then, one I did create last night?

I am the only one who knows, because, you did not get a chance to see
what I did write

Yet, I say it is!, okay? lol

And again, have a great day,

Going to get some rest,

Marinade the steak and place it in the crockpot

Keep cool inside, not be out where it is hot,

And if you can,do, participate in the contest,at least it review it
online,

Later, I will write another time.

http://acbradio.org

http://www.idealbite.com/

No comments: