Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Today's KDD: College Degrees and The Media

It is Wednesday May 14 at 7;32,

How are things with you?

Hope all is well, that your all fine?

And did you hear about the girl missing on the Cruise Line?

Not sure which one,

And tomorrow one more day of work to be done

Then on Vacation I will be, looking forward to it, it will be great,

And 14 years ago on this date,

I Became A College Graduate

That, seems so long ago,

You know?

Most of those friends have come and gone, yet, a couple have remained

Much I have gained,

Some have stayed,

Instead of being a student, now I get paid

Not to listen to people's problems all day

Rather, to serve our Guests who stay.

I may not have them sit on the couch " , and they tell me their issues

Rather, I make sure, their room is clean, fluff up their pillows, have
tissues,

A box of Kleenex on the bedside table,

All amenities , a working TV, so, they can watch cable,

They, may not be disclosing to me what is on their mind,

But Everything, they will need in their room, they can find.

They may not be able to " get their feellingsoff their chest",

, we can give them, comfort, hopefully, so they can get some rest.

I may not be discussing with them about their Hobbies or Career,

But, they can relax, unwind, grab a beer

Sit in the Jacuzzi, or have a massage, at the Spa,

Noone,will be pointing out their flaws

Addressing the mistakes, they have made,

If, they like, Front desk, will give them an upgrade

Usually, for an additional Cost,

Or assist them, if any items, they have lost.

I will not be there, paraphrasing what they say,

But, the guest can listen to piano music play

Or sit on their patio with a view of the lake,

Or get a nice juicy steak

Whatever he wishes,

He can just relax, don't have to do any dishes

Likely meetings he or she will have to attend,

Yet, they can also visit with friends,

Ora post Card send ,

Or nothing at all,for a few days,one,Maybe weeks three?

Certainly, no electric shock Therapy

Hypnosis, desensitization, or behavior modification,

Just Guest Satisfaction, while hereon Business or vacation.

I coordinate all housekeeping projects and requests I delegate,

Make sure, the entire Property, is clean, looks great!

So, though, I may not be a therapist and solve their problems, improve
their mental health,

However in a way, I do help others, mostly those who have wealth,

From Affluent towns CEO's CFO's of Company's,

Or people from Overseas,

People whom are well traveled , and are able to spend a ton,

Or just Families, who just want to have fun,

Locally, and here to relax and get away,

It is our Guests, who keep us working day after day

Week after week,

No Psychologist, they will seek,

it will not be me, I still am applying some of the techniques I have learned

And along the way, income I have earned

Any degree, no matter what it is, can help you in life Whatever you do,

Will help you through,

Problem solving , Various skills, and how to communicate,

So, get the degree,something!,it isn't Too late!

If I can do it, so can you!,

You are just as capable too,

And if I can be on a 10 year plan and graduate at 30,with many obstacles in
my path every step of the way,

You can succeed, what do you say?

Your not alone!

And Speaking of News, in addition to The Cyclone

And the Earthquakes, all I am hearing about are Murders, and various
crimes,

As well as Politics, it is on all the time.

Though, it is important, knowing about the Presidential Candidates it is
way too much, it is all we hear in the news,

It isn't what I choose ,

To watch all day

Doesn't the media, have anything positive to say?

To add?

Why is it all Bad?

I do know the answer to the Question, unfortunately, wish more human
interest Stories, they would mention,

Read the Mountain Wings, I recently Posted, many, need to do some
introspection,

Really think about what was said there,

To be Happy! To care,

About their Country,

America, The Home of the Brave and the land of the Free,

The united States, I am happy to be,

And can't really complain, the article will make me think twice, for all I
have got,

My Family, Friends, health, my job, a home, that is a lot,

Things like this computer, that I am using to convey my thoughts

The telephone, that Darrell was chatting on to talk to his coworkers in
India and the Television on in the other room, another way to communicate
to be entertained,

So much, as Americans, we have gained.

I did not realize, it is, almost 9, need to go,

Have to get up early for work, you know?

One last day of work, and vacation will have begun,

And for now, this KDD is done.

, ,

,

No comments: