Sunday, February 03, 2008

Today's KDD: Super Bowl Sunday and Recalling Events from 1981

Its Super Bowl Sunday, at 11; 38,

And it's late,

The morning is coming to a close,

And yesterday, a KDd for you all I began to compose,

Yet, in the middle of it all, I had writer's block

And we are so predictable; it's our Sunday morning, listening to Kim's Rock,

Her "Blast from the Past Show,

And Darrell and I the Super Bowl, we are not going to go,

Heard its $1,000, for a ticket to this Event, who would waste all that
Money?

And today, it's not sunny,

It's overcast, 49 degrees low 45, high 64,

And the game will start at 6, here, at 4

And glad I am not working today, to much traffic, here in the Valley, East
and West,

And this weekend, not doing much, catching up on rest,

And Darrell and I went to Applebee's for Dinner last night , long it took
for my food to digest.

We both got the shrimp and steak,

Some of mine, home, I did take

He got the fried shrimp, and I the grilled,

And I had a glass of white wine, and Darrell a mud slide, that was tall and
chilled.

I wanted a Rosé wine, not a red, it is pink,

And today, I am not at all going to drink,

Darrell had Fries, a double stash,

And I had a baked potato with extra sour cream, not garlic mashed,

And I had a Caesar salad too,

And we topped it off, with a decalf coffee, when we were through.

After we came home, we chatted with our close friends Jeff and Keri,

And I am very glad, Kim is broadcasting, sorry, Barry lol

Yet you were a trooper, and I know, you gave it your best shot,

And I am going to begin another Dean Koontz Novel, it's another mystery, and
has a good plot,

Titled "from the Corner of my Eye

And how time, does fly

We already are into the second month of the year

And I am sure, today; many will be drinking the beer?

Not for us, not here!

At work, it's a happening Hotel,

And I am sure, at the Lobby Bar, much Beer and munchies, they will sell?

I am sure, there is much activity and many watching on the guest rooms
Television sets,

While others of us, surfing on the internet?

Today, we are supposed to get showers,

And the big game will be on in about 6 hours,

And all whom are staying at the Hotel, tomorrow will depart,

And Today Kim, played songs from 1981, the top hits on the chart.

I don't recall that year much at all,

Not much, I do recall,

I did not like School,

But in the summer, swam in our pool,

I remember, having my right eye removed, because of that, I was sick a lot

And Remember, when President Reagan and Press Secretary Brady were shot

And the news about the Tylenol,

But, not much more, I do recall.

The Tylenol was laced with cyanide, and it scared everyone,

And I am sure; I did some things, that were fun?

And I did have a friend,

Just a couple and my eye surgery was Halloween weekend.

I had much pain in my right eye,

And missed much school, had many colds, a throat infection, that is why,

And the operation, they finally did,

And I was frightened, first major operation, had two prior, but Then,I was a
kid,

I was 6 & 7, and many years in the past,

And back then, the surgery, 4 hours it did last.

So, that is it, not much then, I can tell,

Getting back to working at the Hotel,

We will have 480 checkouts tomorrow, Monday,; it will be crazy indeed,

And think I am going to go soon, and go read,

You all take good care and be good alright,

And another day, I wil write.

No comments: