Sunday, February 17, 2008

Today's KDD: Memories of 72 and How I am spending today

Today is Sunday February 17,at 10;22,

How are things with you?

I am doing much better then yesterday,

And as usual, listening to the music, Kim does play.

My body doesn't ache as much as it did,

And the year Kim is featuring was 72, I was a kid,

I was 7 and 8,

And hope your weekend is going great.?

Not much I do recall from that year, my patterning program I did end,

And did you know, it cost 10 cents, for a letter to send?

And only a dollar for a Pink Floyd Concert?,

And that year, I was still a little squirt,

Had missing teeth and pigtails,

Do remember going to Maine, the beach, Played with sand and Pails

And to the Swim Club in Montvale,

It was a manmade lake,

And sometime that year, the swimming test I did take,

I could only doggie paddle but, I could finally swim

And I was good at Gym,

I could run and do the fifty yard dash,

And think, that year, began the show Mash?

Definitely, All in the Family and Mary Tyler More,

And do you want Trivia, more?

The average Salary was $9,600, and 36 cents for gas,

And we were living in New Jersey, 10 minutes from New York, not in Mass.

I Remember Richard Nixon was President,

But don't know, what one paid for Rent?,

I recall shag rugs and only one television set in each house,

And back then, did like to wear dresses, not skirts and a blouse. lol

We did not have remote controls, touchtone telephones, and microwaves,

But, I remember, playing in the waves,

In the summer in Maine,

And finally then, patterned correctly was my brain

It was then that a normal childhood I did lead

Swam, rode bikes, and did some, like to read,

Began listen to music, , like Simon and Garnfunckle and Bread,

But, of course, not the Grateful Dead. Lol

Also, Chicago and Jackson Brown,

And I was a Brownie, Mom was one of the Troop Leaders in town.

Its now, 11;08,

At this rate,

I will get nothing done today,

So, I better go, get on my way.

Yesterday, I was lazy because I was feeling like crap,

And nothing today, we have on Tap,

Just clean house, not sure what else, still not feeling well,

And I have along work week at the Hotel,

I am still not feeling my best,

So, will also rest,

Last night, we saw a movie," patch Adams Starring Robin Williams , a true
Story it was,

And better, go, do dishes, vacuum up the fuzz

Dougie Dog's fur, his hair,

And for now, you all take good care,

Not sure when, I will send a post next okay?

So, take it easy, Hang in there, you will get through each day.

No comments: