Sunday, December 09, 2007

Last KDD for Today: Walking on a Thin line and old habits die hard

It's Sunday, December 9, here I do again write,

And really do wish, our hearts could be light,

And all our troubles wereout of sight,,

We will soon be visiting Family, whom is dear to us,

Its, our Fate,

Thursday, December 20, is the date,

But, nothing more I am really able to discuss at this stage,

Worried about many, Darrell's Mom, sick with a cold at her age,

And for Family and friends in situations that I can't do anything about,
its out of my control, God can only help, those who help themselves,

And unlike very recent years, I am not a busy little elf,

I am not browsing the net, shopping away, placing items in my cart,

And yesterday, was the first day, we did start,

Our Christmas shopping, for the children, not most,

And in 11 days will be flying to the East coast,

We aren't at all ready to go,

And I too wish there would be snow,

Darrell though, wishes for feet of the white stuff, so he can play

And I send thoughts and prayers to those close to me, your way,

Those whom are struggling, issues where you think there is no resolution,
too much stress and tension,

There are answers, solutions right now, here, they I will not mention,

Sometimes, during a crises, the bad times, changes we need to make,

Steps we need to take,

And its during these times, we grow,

Learn the most you know?

I am not a church goer not religious, yet, when I need, I do pray,

In my own way,

I have been doing much more of that because; I don't know what to do,

Don't know how to assist them through,

Or if I should at all,

Should I write? even call

I don't want to be intrusive but, do want to provide my support,

Life is way too precious, too short,

Feel like a trapeze artist on a tight rope,

Want to help those I care about, assist them to cope,

With whatever there troubles,

Don't want to make it worse, make it double,

There is a fine line between showing support and caring

And giving advice and solutions sharing,

And I also know, bad habits are really hard to break, we are all so set in
our ways,

I wish, I could say, this was all a phase,

But, its not, and no one can change unless, they want to change within
themselves,

Whether it be an issue with their health,

Something that affects their family and friends,

A personality trait? Something hurtful someone said? if one did not make
amends?

If someone did not apologize?

Blow an issue out of proportion? Way out of size?

Have lost their temper? Went over the top?

Again, bad habits are hard to stop

Yet, it's not a hopeless case,

It's not a waste,

One can change a bad habit for an new one, in 28 days, that is not very
long wouldn't you agree?

Yet, at times, it's been difficult for me.

I feel so helpless; I can't do a bloody thing for any of them, not a single
one,

By me, it can not be done,

Until, unless, they want my help guess, for now, will keep a low profile,

None of this makes me smile,

I am quite worried indeed,

And later, more of the novel, "The Darkest Evening of the Year" I will
read,

Again, I really must go,

Do more housework and plan for our show,

Yes, Tomorrow afternoon,we will be in the café,

All Christmas music we wil play,

For now, you all take good care of you and your Family and Friends, have a
good day.

No comments: