Sunday, December 09, 2007

Today's KDD: An Update on us and finding outlets to cope with stress

It's Sunday, December nine,

Hope your all well? doing fine?

I know it was 2 weeks ago today, that a KDD was last written,

And here in my PJ's and slipper's I am sitten,

Drinking a mug of Coffee and not listening to Kim but Barry,

And we hope your Holiday will be Merry,

Filled with Joy and Happiness, you know?

And spoke to My Dad yesterday; they have a foot of snow,

And my Niece's and Nephew were out playing with the sleigh,

And Barry, songs from 1970 music, he does play,

And I think I will turn the Christmas music back on, I don't as much enjoy
this mix,

And don't have many memories of 1970, for I was only 6.

My apologies for not writing at all

I have not composed any KDD's, and not many I have called,

Darrell and I have been under much stress,

Still exhausted, though, getting rest,

It's the emotional kind,

Much on our minds

And we have had a heavy heart,

So, often, nowhere I knew where to start,

Did not know what to say,

It was just a struggle to just get through the day.

And still is, it's been a difficult year, especially, the last few months
that past,

Can't believe how fast,

How time goes

And maybe today, a KDd for you all I will be able to compose?

Some of you whom read my blog, that visit my site,

Know, we have not been alright,

I am experiencing changes at work, there is much pressure, better, and they
are not,

And reading a novel, haven't really gotten into the plot,

The other night, another Dean Koontz book, I begun,

And last night, we went to a Christmas Party for the NFB of Phoenix, it
was okay, kind of fun,

I chatted with a couple people I knew,

And Kim isn't doing her show, because she has the flu

She has a bad cold,

And business is very slow at work, not many rooms sold.

Can't say much, about things that are happening there,

That is one of many reasons, as to why much I have-not shared.

Also some of you know Darrell's Sister Michelle,

Has not been well,

Has had cancer she lost the battle last week, past away last Thursday,

Right now, not much we can say

We are both still grieving,

And a Dose, you may all actually be receiving,

Especially for Darrell, it has been hard, a difficult time,

And last night, at dinner, I had two glasses of wine,

I needed to relax and so did he,

And here you are, this KDd.

Our thoughts and emotions about Michelle and my work situation, we just can
not convey,

And I should go soon; I have things to do today,

I am behind in everything from Christmas shopping to housecleaning,

And the Holiday's this year does not have much meaning,

I can't get into the spirit of the Holidays

In many ways,

Just physically and emotionally drained, we both are feeling under the
weather,

And I am looking forward to spending time together,

With my Family, just can't get into the Holiday Season,

I know, we have a reason,

And things will be okay? as they say, " This too will Pass",

And we are mostly excited about going to Mass.

In addition to work and Darrell's sister, his Mom is sick; she is 80 years
old,

Has a respiratory infection, a very bad cold,

And we have Family and friends that are going through difficult times of their own,

I know, for many, the Holidays are depressing some feel alone,

Very sad, isolated and that they don't belong,

That everything is wrong.

I don't feel that way,

Just find it hard to get through the day,

As I had said,

And sorry, no daily doses for days there was nothing for you to have red,

Nothing to read, no update,

We are not doing great,

Unfortunately,

Darrell and me,

And this may be it? in today's KDD?

Its now, 10; 21,

I do have stuff I do need to get done,

Again soon, I will try and write

More I will post to my sight,

To my blog,

I will do my best, so you will know what is happening with Darrell, me and
Dougie Dog.

For now, take good care

And hang in there,

If you're going through a difficult time

And life seems very unfair,

And overwhelming, say a prayer,

Or two,

Whatever you need to do,

What works for me, may not work for you

And try and not feel alone,

Talk to someone, on the phone,

In person or jog your thoughts like I do,

Find an outlet, to help you through

Listen to music, exercise, go for a walk,

Read a good book, chat with a friend, do talk,

Find that social network, there is always someone whom understands your
situation can identify,

And earlier I said, I had to go, was saying goodbye,

Yet, here, I still am, that is often the case,

Just wanted to send a reminder, take it one day at a time, yourself, do
pace,

Be good to yourself,

At times like this, think of your mental health,

And what's best,

Try and relax and get some rest.

I am now, heading on my way,

For now, take good care and have a great day.

No comments: