Sunday, September 30, 2007

Today's KDD: 1977 my first days of Junior High and Listening to Kim on ACB R I ,

Its Sunday, September Thirty, at 10; 06,

And again, we are listening to Kim's music mix,

Her blast from the past she is featuring 1977, not 78,

Hope your well, doing great?

We were up late,

Until 3 a.m, chatting with a friend, Tina, discussing my week and the
situation I was in,

And right now, Kim is playing Margarita Ville, a Jimmy Buffett song, not
tonic or gin,

She began with Kansas Dustin the wind and played Eagles, Hotel California
and Fleetwood Mac's, Go your own way,

Songs from 77, today, she does play.

I was 13, a pre-teen and in 7 th grade and living in Canada, Oakville
Ontario,

Unfortunately, much that year I don't remember, you know?

In 75, we moved from the states there and lived there two years and I did
not enjoy my time there much at all,

Not much I do recall,

I do remember, being made fun of much,

And keeping in touch,

With friends from Jersey I left behind, like, my Friend Andrea, from Grease
who in the 5 Th grade we met,

And I remember my feet getting wet,

In the winter, when, we would get 3 feet of snow, and would walk to school,

And , my classmates were really cruel,

Then, I was really, ridiculed and it continued for a number of years,
tried to ignore them all, and for an American I was tall,

Recall, learning how to skateboard and ice skate too,

And I was friends with a neighbor, named sue.

I remember, being teased for how I talked and what, us jersey girls had
worn,

And also, being cut pretty bad by my shwin bike horn,

When, I cut the corner, too soon, when, riding my bike to school,

And late that year, we moved to Cincinnati Ohio, and had a swimming pool

Kim earlier had played some Bee Gees and foreigner's cold as Ice,

And my peers were not at all very nice,

I remember, trying to learn French, and many, would say, " go home
Yankee", did not like my accent,

Did not like the time, there spent,

And in June of that year, I flew for the first time, and also, learned to
down Hill ski,

And the Kids had broken my special telescopic glasses, that I used, for
the blackboard to see,

In June we moved to Cincinnati Ohio, and took a flight from Canada to
there, could see the puffy clouds for the first time, strange everything
did look,

And it was then, the first time, a school bus, my Sisters and I took,

I also loved to write, letters and notes,

To friends backing Jersey, and would watch the love Boat.

A year earlier in 6 th grade I was a crossing Guard, and I was
responsible and made sure the children K through second grade crossed the
street safely, not a single child got hurt and all were okay,

And I like the tunes Kim, does play.

Right now, she is playing " short People got" I am one of them wish I was
tall,

And back then, still liked basketball.

I remember having trouble learning in school and buying my first albulm,
the BeeGees it was one of the first purchases I had made,

And I did notlike at all seventh grade,

But, who does,not most,

And yesterday, chatted with my Sister Tara from the East Coast,

For a couple hours, we had a nice chat, she was upset about my work
situation and felt bad

And when, we moved back to the States, I was glad,

And moving, being the new kid on the block, was a difficult thing and wish
in a way, we could have lived in the same house, growinng up

And having a second cup of coffee ,in a favorite mug,cup.

Moving much, has taught me to adapt to situations and have met more
people and have had experiences I wouldn't otherwise have had,,

And though, for many years, like back then, felt lonely and sad,

It has enabled me to cope better as an adult, though, I don't like
change

Feel anxious, nervous and shy, struggle, when my life is being
rearranged,

But, I eventually, adapt,most do,

And if you had too,

You would be fine

And last night, Darrell and I went to Applebees for dinner, had no wine,

But, did have a pina colada and shrimp and steak ,

And it has taken me a few hours to awake,

Darrell had a chicken and ribblet platter,

Right now, not baking anything, no cookie or brownie batter,

Yet, do have a beef stew in the crockpot

And glad,its not hot,,

Getting cooler, and the song playing now,is " Peg" by Steely Dan,

And glad,is working our Lan,

Our internet is not down,

And recall, hearing this song, my first day of 8 th grade, on the school
bus, driving across town,

For some crazy reason, it is stuck in my brain?

Who knows why?

And it makes my Sunday listening to ACB R I,

This time last year, we were in Denver Colorado,

They did not have snow,

A Wedding we did Attend,

It was my Cousin Richie's,not a friend,

Who got Married, only Tara, Bob and Darrell and I, represented the Hughes
Family,

And my Sister and Brother-in-law, much I did not see,

Tara and Bob, were touring the city, taking a drive into the
Mountains, and went to another City, Called Golden, went to some kind of
Beer Factory,

While, Tina, Darrell and I, went to the 16 th street Mall,

Had our own fun, all this I do recall.

And soon, I should go,

Have things to do you know?

Want to call my other Sister Mary Beth and order groceries from Safeway,

Do, hope you all have a great day,

And happy to say,

Doing much better then I was, not as upset and stressed,

Though, hurt and still frustrated about what happened, unfortunately,
can't , write , about it can not be blogged,

And well now,is Dougie dog.

Do take care, stay well all my friends,

And enjoy the rest of your weekend.

1 comment:

Darrell said...

Yeah. Absolutely amazing. Kim's show this morning was great as always. She always gives good trivia information about the featured year (gas prices, housing, postage stamps, etc.) and plays wonderful songs from the charts of that year.

I'm still red hot mad about your work situation! It'll pass, but this one is going to take some time. Just be very careful, my friends, about what you think is and is not acceptable at work, and watch out for those whom you think might be your friends, looking out for you, etc. Most are only out for money and their own best interests, screw everyone else!