Saturday, August 11, 2007

Today's KDd: Darrell's Birthday and two Anniversarry's

Its Saturday 6;38, on the Eleventh of August,
Wish last night I had gotten more rest,
Finally got to bed around 11 o'clock,
There was no noise on our block,
Just finished listening to your show Jeff, the music, really did
rock,
I was in a party mode, the neurons in my brain were over firing
So, took awhile my body and mind to be retiring,
For the night,
Slept 6 hours, and now, here I write.

As always Jeff, you did another great show,
You just go with the flow,
Flexible, patient, and take most things in stride just about every
day,
Cool music you always do play,
Our music tastes are about the same,
And last night, we did not play the I.Q game.

We did chat on skype,
And you responded to requests on I.m, from listeners, like myself,
that we did type

The Victor stream you did demonstrate,
Described the gadget, much smaller then the pacmate
Played with the voices, pitch and rate
Various functions you also did show too.
Yet, saving the rest, for main menu.

Many of us comment how we think it is a cute device,
And how nice,
It would be to have one,
And for 3 hours we all had fun.

Darrell you ate pizza deep dish,
And some, did wish,
You Darrell Happy Birthday.
Jeff, you joked how I treat Darrell like a King,
And no one, did sing,
Anything at all,
And for some reason, Darrell and I were the only ones, who did call.

Jeff, you also teased, us, about all I do, for Darrell, each day,
before work I go,
And the only King Song I could think of, is King of Pain
Only ones, that ruled my brain,
So, , Jeff, they, you did play
And soon after that, we all got on our way,
Two, from the Police,,, and one from Men at work, not men without
Hats,
Or show tunes from Broadway, Chorus line or Cats.

Actually, Darrell does much for me,
He does housework, makes me soup and hot tea,
And so much more,
And today, he is 34.

In addition to this today, , 11 years ago,
I had my accident, my arm injury, did not fall in the snow,
Rather, off a ledge, 6 feet to the ground instead,
Fell from a upper parking lot, to a lower one, could have broken my
back or hit my head.

It was a compound fracture, had surgery the next day,
There was someone,who had a head injury, from what the doctor's did
say,
Two rods, they did insert,
I was in major pain, my arm really did hurt,
I also had a blood transfusion,
Throughout the year, had Physical and occupational therapy every day,
in pain and showed confusion,
Was angry, disorientated and had no humor and charm.
For the first 6 months,had no use of my arm,
There was no task I could independently do,
As said, it took about 2 years for me to make it through,I c
Couldnt use a computer keyboard, dress,or eat,
Difficulty getting out of bed, yet, it all I did beat,
With the assistance of independent living aids, obstacles,I overcame,
Though, today, I am,not entirely the same.

The last thing, I could independently do was dress myself each day,
Still a problem at times today,
And back then, I communicated a different way,
Used the Braille and speakin one handed mode,
As you can tell it was a rough and rocky road,
Yet, I have made it through the other side,
Though, I did not at all enjoy the ride,
And found this more difficult then adjusting to losing my sight,
Many more issues rose,
Could not do anything for myself, eat, was out of work,, had special
clothes,
And kitchen utencils and clothes, that would button,not zip or snap,
Just wore dresses, took pain meds and many naps.

I am very lucky, I know, yet, still effects my life, has a major
impact
On me, each day in pain and some feeling I do lack,
This is the first time, I have written about this, since, it happened,
And it took, about two years for me to mend,
And not fully recovered, yet, have compensated quite well,
Most of the time, noone can tell,
That I have had sucha major injury at all,
No one, except my family, Darrell, Linda,Tina, know, how bad, was my
fall.
That it was swollen; black, blue and I had no use of it,
Couldn't even wiggle my fingers not make a fist , yet, I did not at
all quit,
I worked very hard, to gain as much function, strength,
And coordination,
I do have 90 % range, but, the other I did not get much back, yet, I
do alright,
Can do my job, swim, housework and of course write.

However, some days, I am in pain, when doing anything,even writing
like this,
The days before the accident, I do miss.

Also on this day, 6 years ago, Darrell and I spend the weekend
moving,
And right now, our housekeeping staff, our grooving,
They are exercising to the song, Walking on sunshine,
And I do hope you all are really fine,
And I mean in a good way,
That your having an excellent, fantastic and lovely day.

Anyway, for 6 years, we have lived in the same apartment, a long
time, true,
And hopefully, some day, will get a House, that, we will hopefully do.
It is now 8;38,
Have work to do, need to go, yet, Darrell, hope your Birthday is
great,
Despite you having work to do , tomorrow, we will celebrate,
Your special day okay?
And you all take care, have a super day.

No comments: