Saturday, June 16, 2007

Today's KDd: My Family and Aspirations to be a writer

Its 3 o'clock in the afternoon on Saturday,
Music on the XM radio does play,

Listen to 80's, channel 8,
And this morning, I woke up very late.

I said, in the KDD, last night, that I'd be up before 9,
Yet, I was exhausted,not feelling fine,
Totally wiped out , slept an hour passed ten

Got out of bed, when Jeff called, that was when,

Did wake shortly after 8 , took care of Dougie, but went back to bed,
Slept more, While Darrell red,

A Dean Koontz Novel," light of the moon"
Began completing the grocery order at noon.

When, I first turned on the XMRadio, Played, " Eyes without a face" by
Billy Idol,
And at this moment, do not have a title,
For this KDD,
Never know, what it will be,
Until the end,
Just before it, I do send.

I finally finished the grocery order around two,
Then, called my Family, to see how they are, what is new,
And to wish my Dad a happy Father's day,have not spoken to them,in a long
time,
Wondered how they were,if they were fine.
When, I called my folks house, , in New Hampshire, answered the phone was
Bob,
Later this evening, they all were having a cook out, steaks, maybe, corn on
the Kobb?
Dad was not there, fishing in the boat,on the lake,
Joanna, our 12 year old Niece, he did take,
She loves fishing, , skiing climbing trees and plays the Clarinet,
While her 14 year old Brother Bobby, likes sports, Science and playing on
the net,
In the fall, he will start High school and play Football and music
lessons, he is taking, Guitar,
In a couple years, will be driving a car,
He too played the Clarinet and the trombone,
Also, spoke to my two Sister's, Mary Beth and Tara and Mom on the phone.
Katie, Tara and Bob's Youngest,
Has learned to Crochet, said, she will make me a blanket ,maybe for
Christmas?
She will be in the 4th grade, reading she enjoys,
She was not on the phone long, Marin, was making noise,
Marin, or Maren, is almost two,, she was jamming the Harp and the
xylophone and the Piano,
She is walking, talking and fast she does grow,,
Will catch up to her big sister Emma, who is almost 4 and will be in
pre-school again in the fall,
They think, Marin will be more tall,
Than Emma and she is tough and headstrong,
Maybe, she will write songs, ?
Be an artist or a writer?
She is a tomboy, a little fighter.
Right now, she is teething, biting everything in sight
Mom said, Dad will call, talk tomorrow, or later tonight.
They were getting ready to have a barbecue, so had to go,
Told them, we would be home for Christmas, hope their will be snow.
Dreaming of a white Christmas and, visiting the Family for the Holiday,
Will be nice to get away,
About 5 days we will stay,
Takes two days to travel ,the flights are usually 6 hours, and often very
crowded ,
One's personal space is invaded
Never can sleep, get know winks,
The flight attendants serve no food but do drinks,
I will read books or listen to music on our cd player or Bookport,
Wish the flights were short
Like they are, when, we go to San Diego
Sometime this summer, there, we will go,,
Miss my family, you know?

However, with my arm injury, its not really conducive me to live there
The bitter cold weather, I could not bare,
I have nerve damage, and pain just about every day,
Now and then, they ask, are you going to move back, I don't know, we say
Would love to, it would be great
But struggle every day, since the date
I had the arm injury one year after in 95,
Since, I fell 6 feet off a ledge, took a dive
Lucky to be alive,
Have perminant nerve damage and lack some range of motion,
If lived there, have more inflammation, but do miss them and the ocean
So, part of us, would love to move back East, but think,its best,
That, at least for now, stay here, in the southwest
Yet, it is so very hot , so don't like the Heat, like fall, somewhere in
between
Who knows, it remains to be seen,,
Don't know, at this date,
None of us knows our fate
Our Destiny,
Who knows whether a book will be published by me?
We all will just have to wait and see.

Speaking of books,
Soon, I will take a look
Nicki, your book, we will buy,
We are interested that is why,
And, you inspire me, maybe, I could publish a book as well?
Would a novel I write sell
Would one have be written, and on the list of top 10?
Would it, be placed on your bookshelves in your living room? Or den??
Would you read it, when your on vacation?or on a cold windy night?
Or, tell me, maybe, I don't have the ability to write?
Some of you say, a KDD book I should create?
But, think none of my KDd's, are that great
And be of interest to anyone?,
Sometimes, I wonder if they should be sent now, after they are done,
But, then, its too late, they are already sent your way
Then, I hope, they make your day.
Some I do like, and think are halfway decent, interesting, funny and
filled with whit, ,
But, a book, could it be a hit
This,is in my list of things to do,
Not go to space,like youDarrell or Jeff, that frightens me,
But I aspire to be an author, that I'd like to be.
That would be very cool,
And later this evening, will go swimming in the pool,
Its already 4;30, the day is slipping away,
Gone is the day
Should go,
Want to spend time with Darrell, you know?
we are doing a Desert Café special show tomorrow then, not on Monday, are
usual time,instead
want to relax on Monday, read and make my fruit salad, has no lime,
has pudding cool whip,and fruit, pears, bananas and fruit cocktail,,
want to get caught up on mail,
as well as sort through boxes sitting on our patio,
and a doctor's appointment, Darrell has to go.
Going,I should do,
Besides, have no more to say, so, guess, this is through,
You all take good care and have a wonderful weekend,
And keep in touch my friend.

No comments: