Friday, June 15, 2007

Today's KDD: Phones ringing off the hook and Nickie's book

Its 11 o'clock Friday night,

And now the KDD I write,

It was way too busy at work today, to even think in creative mode,

And by the end of the day, my brain was on overload,

My brain was solid,

Or what we called, fried as a kid,

It was not the "bomb",not cool,

There, were no crashers, at the pool,

Don't know, about that,

Or if they had people on the yoga matts,

Or if anyone drank blended drinks at the juice bar,

Or if Valet,lost a guests car,

Don't think anything like that occurred,

At least nothing, I had heard.

I was slammed with calls, every line,

As well as receiving e-mails from my boss, of issues, that were not fine,

Shhhe wanted me to follow through,

So, I had lots to do.

A few guests were not happy with the service they, did receive,

As well as some Guests, behind, stuff, they did leave,

Some guests had lost items, that they did bring,

And the frontdesk , was in full swing,

We had a high turn, over 200 arrivals & 200 to depart,

, staff, amenities, towels and sheets,filled their carts,

luggaged being carried by bell,

Many VIP's were here at the hotel,

And room moves, and Guests with allergies

And fortunately, noone got stung by scorpions or bees,

And probably, some guests staying, were from over seas,

As well as the renovations did continue,

For the restaurants,not the Vu,

But, the Squash, and the Sondolo,not the café,

Nor, the camp, where, kids do play.

So tired,my work day was over 10 hours long,

Very happy to hear party songs,

Ones that were fun, funky and one could dance,

And maybe, filled with a little romance?

Jeff's playlist included this,

And I, the I.Q,I did miss,

Which surprised me,

Because sometimes, too tired to think, you see,

After a long day,

Can't always play.

He mentioned tech news, like how go Daddy hasCAPTCHA , but not on their
entire site,

And also mentioned Nicki's book tonight.

She was on the air,

And some of her book, she did share,

Told us, what it is about and it, where to go to get it,

And jeff, played 3 hits,

From , Enrico Ingleses, the Insomniac album, most are great.

He told us the state,

The trouble with Nasa, the shuttle and complications,

He was listening to the station,

Chatted about the issues their having up in space,

And off the air,

Some of us, talked about body parts and rearranging a face,

Losing one's marbles and where, they can be found,

And, how I sometimes, make a loud sound,

When, I sneeze or yawn,

And I am so very happy, I don't have to get up before dawn,

For the next 3 days, can sleep-in to 11,

Think, that,is heaven,

Will not sleep that late,

Probably to 9, or get up earlier, at 8,

Should go, was going to go and read,

But, sleep, is what I really need,

Will read another book tomorrow and Kdd's I will compose,

And as to what else? Who knows,

Its getting late, time to hit the sack,

And glad, my creativity is back,

Even if it is for a little while,

And more importantly, makes your day, you smile.

No comments: