Sunday, June 17, 2007

Today's KDD: My Dad and My Sunday afternoon

Its 10 o'clock on Sunday, the 17 Th of June,
Today, woke up 3 hours before noon,
Today, I will not be a lazy bum like yesterday, did nothing much at all,
And, again, My Dad, I did try and call,

When, I called, this morning, again, he was not there, everything is fine,
Yet, he has been out before 9,
Which would be 6 our time,
Went to play Golf with my Brother-in-law Bob, and Bobby, his son
Dad's Grandson,
Will call when they get back, when they're done.

On Sunday mornings when I am home,
Don't have to work, far, I don't roam,
We often listen to Kim's" Blast from the Past", today, featuring music from
82,
How is your day?,
How are you?
Are you spending it with your Dad or a male mentor?, or someone you love a
bunch?
Taking him to Brunch?
Or having a cookout,
Spending time with him, letting him know, you care, that, is what it is
about.

Unfortunately, mine,is thousands of miles away , in person, we can't be,,
Still love him and think of him, you see.
For me and my Sister's he was tough, his expectations high,
He loves us, wants the best, this is why,
It did not matter, that I was blind, the same things I had to do,
As my Sisters Mary Beth and Tara,too,
I had chores to do and had to do my best in School, had to achieve,
Was punished if he and Mom, we did deceive ,
Despite the fact, he worked all day, he'd be up late,
In the early years, the schedule he would coordinate,
All the volunteers that would come to " Pattern" me,
He was very organized, a success, the program,he wanted it to be.
He had hope for me to be a well child ,as much as possible, anormal life to
lead,
Helped me walk, talk, swim , ride a bike,and learned to read,
Add, subtract and to write,
Would sing me songs at night.
Of Course, Mom would do some of these things too ,
Yet, some subjects, easier for Dad, this is true.
Much frustration, we both did feel, experience,
Conversations, study times, were long and intense,
His method of doing Math, I did not understand, much sense, it did not make,
Yet, appreciate, the time, he did take.
Did not always have patience, yet, did teach,
And we also had fun on the beach,
Up in Maine, in Kennebunkport,
Played basketball, for me, he put in a court,
In our driveway,
So, B-ball, I could play,
On any day,
Play twenty-one, at night,
Play hide and seek or have pillow fights,
If we went to the zoo, describe the sights,
And played Games to improve our education,
Would watch the Wild life station,
We would play scrabble or monopoly ,
Things got more difficult as I got older, during Adolescence
Then,my Sister's and I did not make much sense,
We were becoming Women, and now, had a mind of our own,
Began to make our opinions known,
And he was concerned about us, a good College; he wanted us to go and to
excel,
In those days, the relationship did not go so well.
I thought he was too tough, and not fair,
Yet, I always, knew, he did care.
Sometimes, he hurt me by the things he would say, over the years,
I'd shut down and be in tears,
So much, I did not communicate,
However, Today, I think he is great,,
He, I have forgiven, the things he had said and did do,
Much, we have been through,
And he is human too.,
He did not always say, he was proud of me,
Or that he loves me
Those are things that are hard for us two, to say,
As I became an adult, I could, and do feel today.
Although, times, he made me sad,
Fun times, we also had,
He made me laugh and had fun,
I love him a ton.
Very glad, he is my Dad
And though, still today, he sometimes, makes me mad,
And we may not agree with each other's views,
Keep in touch now and then tell him news,
On what is happening with Darrell and me, us out here,
My Dad, love him dear.

The Safeway delivery Guy just did show,
So, have to go,
Put the groceries away,
And have things to do,
Still listening to Kim, playing great tunes from 82, not 84,
Guess, Safeway, did not bring everything from the store,
That we requested, that would be another Kdd, for another day, another time
for the site,
Just wish they would get it right,
Is that too much to ask, to expect, whoever is shopping for the groceries,
the items, we chose?
Guess so, I suppose.

Housework I will do,
Go through some boxes that have been sitting on our patio too,
Later, will tell you my thoughts about Nickie your book last night, all of
it, I did read,
It was a good one indeed.

All the songs Kim is playing I recall, Elton-John, Fleetwood Mac and Chicago
Journey, Survivor and the Go-go's,
Many others too, fun, you may agree,
Always were good two movies,
That I remember that year, E. T and Tootsie,
Funny Dustan Hoffman was and E.T, Cute made me cry,
Also recall, red much American Literature, perhaps, "Catcher in the Rye"?
Maybe Hemingway? Poetry too? Poe?
So long ago, you know?

Well this is pages 3,
This is a long KDd,
So, will go and also don't have much to say,
So, take care and have a great day.

No comments: