Sunday, June 17, 2007

Last KDD for Today: More about my Family and Mystery Boxes found

Another KDD today I have chosen to create,

Why wait,

If I have more to say?

Do, I have to only compose one a day?

This is my blog after all, a way to journal and compose what is going on in
my day, or memories I recall

Finally, my Dad I did reach,

As I said, yesterday, he was fishing on the lake, not at the beach,

And today, playing Golf earlier in the day,

My Sister's and their Husbands and kids did stay,

All weekend long,

All are great, noone is ill, and nothing wrong.

Mom and Dad enjoy us all being down, having company,

Not often, us, they don't see

Have fun, despite the clutter and all the noise,

Making extra food and all the toys,

Around the house, enjoy the visit, yet, after, like the peace and quiet

He told me about the snapping turtle and the geese,

The Eggs, the turtle did lie or lay,,

And over 60 fish they caught yesterday.

Of course, the fish, they did not keep, threw them back so, the fishing
will be good another time,

Had fun, casting the line,

And being on the boat, in the water and soaking up the sun.

Chatted about Darrell's eye surgery about how our jobs are going, that I
like working for the Hyatt Corporation,

About Main Menu and our Desert café show on the interactive station,

Mentioned our hot weather,

And commented how we would love it, if we all were together.

Sounds like he is enjoying retirement

Much of his time is spent

Reading books, playing Golf, and investing,

Reading the Wallstreet Journal and good food digesting

They love living in New England New Hampshire, not in New Jersey no more,

And though, they don't live too close to the shore,

Or the mountains, they are not too far away,

They have access to a Lake every day,

And not too far from skiing, don't mind all the snow and the wind-chill,

Being up there is tranquil,

There property is very private, not many Neighbors around,

Not much traffic but Birds, they like the sound,

And so do us,

A beautiful place, but not practical for a couple like us, who can not see.

Its now 5;09,

All is fine,

Darrell and I are enjoying our Sunday,

And right now, music does play,

In the background I hear "one more day"

A wonderful song,

And this Desert Café show, will not be as long,

Only two hours, not the usual 3

Shorter it will be,

Yet, it's the same format, that we do on our Monday afternoon show

From 3 to 6,

However, in today's music mix,

We tried to find music for a tribute for all the Father's out there,

And in my KDd's, things about my Dad, here,I share.

Prior to the show, spent time together,

Despite this hot weather,

Benefited from the time we had,

Chatted with Dad,

And then, sorted boxes out on our patio

And for lunch, Darrell had a burrito.

Many boxes have been sitting there, taking up space, collecting dust,
there, before we got married,,

Obviously, the stuff, we really don't need,

And some things, we could not identify,

Or were concerned about the chemical structure of the cleaning product or
food, that it may explode, into ash,

So, some of it, we tossed in the trash.

We had an entire box, a crate,

Filled with newspaper, a time to wait,

When, I would need to move or pack some of our crap

So, the paper was there, for items to wrap

Did not know, I had a full box of just paper, nothing elllse, nothing at all

Other boxes had radio gear, hardware and software to install

A few other boxes had misilanious stuff,

After an hour or so, had enough.

We will go through some more, and sort it out,

Will be nice, to get the junk out,

Mystery boxes, we did find,

Now, for the rest of the night, we will unwind,

Possibly, go swimming in the pool watch a movie or read another book
tonight,

For now, this is all I write.

No comments: