Monday, June 18, 2007

Last KDD for the day: Communication, or lack thereof?

I just called work, to communicate,

To find, out what my co-worker, Maria is doing, what are her vacation
dates

And while,on the phone found out also the pot luck has been moved to
Thursday instead,

Noone wanted to do it tomorrow, too soon, the staff had said,

It would have been nice, if someone called me here at home, before I made
a huge batch,

Me, they would have been able to catch

I'd answer the phone or they would get voice mail,,

Or could have sent e-mail?

Is, that too much to ask?,no time, it would take,

If, I did not call, a tray of fruit salad, would have been made.

It may not seem like a big deal, changing the day? But, it is when, you can
not drive,

Tomorrow, would have all the stuff, when, to work I do arrive,

Then, realize, ,I'd have to go back to the store

To make more.

This frustrates and annoys me

Not as convenient for me,,

Some of you may say, I am making too much of a fuss?

If, I were to take it on the bus? Or if the store, I had to run back?

Yet, the issue here,is communication people lack,

I would not even know this if, I did not call,

If,I, did not mention it at all

A part of me, does not even want to bring any now, to work for everyone,
for the staff,

Maybe,just will keep it, for my better half?

For Darrell, who will appreciate it?

I don't know, wil decide, as I sit,

And after this , I compose,

The final decision, who knows

And if this isn't enough, her vacation, she does not tell me, the dates

Isn't this great?

Again, I have to be the one to ask, to follow-through,,

Isn't this, an easy thing to do?

I guess so?

Tics me off, you know?

Can you relate? identify?

More ingredients, would you want to buy?

And, find, that, there is not enough coverage in your office, when,
vacation you do go?

That, others, can't keep up with the flow?

Phones ringing off the hook, ,Guests with concerns, don't have a plan of
attack,

And wishing, for you, to return, come back

This is exactly what happened last year when, Darrell and I were away,

When took vacation for our Honeymoon and Wedding day,

Both Maria and I vacation,they had scheduled at the same time,?

It ended up working out fine, just okay,

Had someone work our job, but, did look forward to the day,

When, I was coming back, wanted me there soon

Almost called us,on our Honeymoon,

If, they did, I would have said, going to pay for our plane tickets? And us
be compensated ?

Yet, that was not said

Because, us, they did not call , while we were away,

Yet, found out, my first day,

Back to work, a warm welcome I did get and was told they did miss me,

But, was it me?or, missed the good work I did for them, you see?

Who knows, one will never know and perhaps, I am cynister? Oh,not me?

The thing is, communication is key,

Extremely important, wouldn't you agree?

At least,it is for me.

I know, I am not always the bestat doing this, especially when I am hurt or
angry,

However, I really do try, you see,

To communicate the best I can,with everyone,

Easier, things can get done,

And less likely for misunderstanding , conflict and stress,

This is best.

Its almost 5, and Darrell's work day is almost done,

So, I am going to run,

But, this little KDd, I wanted to compose,

Instead of making fruit salad, will mop the floor and put away clothes.

Take care, enough today,I write,

Take care, talk,later, tomorrow or tonight.

No comments: