Sunday, May 29, 2016

Karen's Kanvas: Where is, The Inspiration? Drafting Outlines

As I sit here drinking my coffee, I’m attempting to draft an outline for my next Toast Masters speech,

Will this goal I reach?

At the moment, I would rather be on the beach,

Watching the waves, feeling the ocean air &   the sand between my toes,

I wish, this outline I could compose,

I know, it won’t happen if I’m writing   some form of poetry instead,

I did begin,but got writers block, so, then, I was led,

To Creativity Avenue, hoping the inspiration I will find,

The topics are there, the words in my mind,

I know the goal that I want to obtain and the objective of this particular speech,

There is a purpose of each,

Speech we do present at our Toast masters Meetings,

But for some reason, help I’m needing.

 

Speech 2 is organizing your speech it does not matter the subject of the presentation,

Could be on work, school, a favorite vacation,

Your interests, hobbies, or a topic related to Current Events and News,

It’s whatever, you, the presentor, choose.

 

It just needs to demonstrate organization, cohesiveness and needs to flow,

Fluidity, and could be something   that is compelling,

Perhaps, a product   that one wants to be selling?

Or about a subject that he or she wants to inform, communicate or inspire,

 

Hope I drafted soon and not wait, till I’m under the wire

 

Where do I start? What do I do?,

The Outline, today, it, I want to be through,

As I said, the ideas are there,

But somehow, on the paper I need to share,

I have writers block for this task,

Come on! God, Help me, that’s all I ask,

Help me, to help myself    finish    this soon, so I can have time to rehearse,

And hopefully, I won’t be as nervous, as I was, presenting the first.

 

The two subjects are:  about my job or on Guide dogs,

Maybe, my experience I will blog?

I am not presenting till June twenty two,

Seems like a lot of time, but I have lots of other things to do,

Between now & then, Work, ACB stuff and begin to think about what to pack for convention,

That, I did not mention,

I will another time, another day,

Time is of Essence   as they say,

, Procrastination is the thief of time,

Now, I need to work on this outline of mine.

 

No comments: