Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Karen's Kanvas: Thoughts on Last Night's Blog Post

As I sat, and reflected on my take on things,

I know, what kind of message this does bring,

And how it may seem, I’m over simplifying,

And some of you, this you may not be   buying.

 

Of course, this is a societal issue and quite complex   , a social problem that does exist,

Among the many others   on the list

Poverty, hunger, Homelessness, unemployment and discrimination, just to name a few

What, are we to do?

 

It’s all about Values,   how one was raised and respecting one another

Work   ethic, lessons learned in School and from your Father and Mother

Believing in the 10 Commandments and being involved in Community

Things like that, you see.

 

Despite all this, I know it’s easier said than done.   Not all are fortunate to have a family that invests their time, set Rules, provide Boundaries,

Lead By example, give them the Keys

Keys to communicate and love their Neighbor, like them self

 

I am not here to Judge, There are many issues and I have no concrete answers, that I hope you know,

If I had a solution, I’d be   raking in the dough,

People would be knocking on my door,

Calling me, wanting more,

Of my   advice and I’d be Rich,

This is just, my pitch,

My   take on Life and the News we read.

 

 

I understand why Parents may not have the time to invest,

They’re both working, little time to relax, get proper rest

Struggling to just pay the bills and put food on the table,

Playing videos, chatting online, watching cable,

Reading less, conversations few,

It’s been an issue for a long time, it’s nothing new.

 

I am more of a traditionalist, Understand Women needing to work and having a Career,

It’s really about Balance here,

I think Children need good role Models, Influence, teach, and lead

In a positive way,

At work, school and at play.

 

It’s just my 2cents for the day

For what it’s worth, which isnt, much, that, I know,

And I do need to go,

I am in need of caffeine and sleep too,

And I have lots to do before the day is through

 

I feel like I’m getting a cold, can’t have that, no time and don’t like   feeling like crap,

I need to put on my thinking cap,

 

I have to complete Board Minutes and   practice my first speech for Toast Masters,

I don’t want it to be a total disaster,

I wish I   spoke as well as I write,

If I did, it would go alright,

But, I am not, and I have a week, so I need to prepare,

I just wanted to share,

More thoughts on last night’s blog post today,

now, I need to get on my way.

 

I did notice that several months passed since anything was written,

I have dabbled in my  creative writing, it’s just nothing  was  fitten,

Or  seemed  good enough  to  publically send,

But this isn’t,the end,

I will do my best to write   and tell you what’s new

 

 

No comments: