Friday, December 31, 2010

The Highlights of 2010

Hello again,
2010 was a much better year than 2009 Thank goodness! :)
Most of 2010was very good. There was only a couple bad,difficult times.
They were:
Retiring Dougie and losing our Friend Marian. Dougie I miss and hope
to see him soon. Marian we will miss you.
Now,for the good things,the highlights of 2010:

1. Joyce: My new Seeing Eye Pup. she is a beautiful adorable
Gold-a-dore otherwise known as a black lab golden cross ((though,she looks
almost white with some Carmel)
She is a good guide,very smart,sweet and very playful. She isn't a
breakfast eater and is fascinated by water but won't go swimming nor likes
rain lol . We have never heard her bark. It was fun being at the Seeing
Eye with our close dear friend Jeff Bishop.
2. Darrell,Friends and Family: another year with Darrell, you are the
best. Also our family and great friends. Mom,Dad,Sister's Mary Beth,Tara,
Brother-in-law's Bob and Todd. Friends:
Jeff,Keri,Alice,Tina,Marian,Ruthie,Lynda,Drew, and Mary Anne, most of whom
live back East. You all have been true friends,there for us through the
good,the bad and the ugly:) lol .

3. IPhone: As I said,I had a pleasant surprised from Darrell and Jeff in
October. This was an early Christmas,Valentine's and Birthday gift from
Darrell . This is amazing technology. Not only can one make
calls,receive voice mail but a whole lot more. One can read /write
e-mail,tweet and post comments to facebook. I have been able to use what
are called APS such as GPS, something called around me and Foursquare to
explore my environment,see where I am in route somewhere and check in to a
destination. I never been able to know where I was when in a car oron a
bus. well,not for a very long time. If you don't have an Iphone,you will
just have to see for yourself all that it can do. we can scan objects and
identify them through aps called Omoby and Noggles. There are countless
other things, many categories:
Productivity,entertainment,Music,games,social networking and so much more.

4 . Social Networking: Specifically Twitter. I have made some new
friends and renewed others ,continued to cultivate existing relationships
through Twitter and facebook. its been great and loads of fun
I have met a lot of nice people and am beginning new friendships with
people I have known over the years through the internet.
I appreciate all your support,friendship,valuable information and
laughter sent over the information highway. (especially Deb Lewis,Debbie
Hazelton,Allison and Amber
That is,about it. I can't think of anymore. Also a bit distracted now.
We are listening to our Friend Larry do his New Year's Eve show. O,BTW,
we began Broadcasting again on ACB Radio Interactive.
Darrell is cooking something good,some munchies we got at the store for New
Year's eve. So, going to go for now. Take Care and Happy New Year. I'd
like to hear,your,highlights of 2010 and maybe,even some predictions for
2011,if you like They don't have to be about Technology,could be anything:)
lol. till then,

No comments: