Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 19: Walmart and the Creamary

 Today didn't begin too well.  I had another  night where I didn't sleep very well and I woke with a very bad headache. I felt awful.  I was up before parctime,took a long hot shower and took something for my headache .
After  we  fed the dogs and took them out,I went back to bed till Breakfast.
I had granola,sausage and fresh fruit along with  my morning coffee.  The extra sleep and coffee seemed to help a little.
I was on the first trip of the day,hoping to not get caught in the rain.  But,when I left at 8,it was already misting. 
So, we went to Walmart.  we  just walked around,having Joyce walk me around  people and merchandise.  She did a great job.
We went to the pet section . I got her a rope  with a ball.  She loves to play tug so  thought she would like it. Yet,not sure,she is pulling the fuz on the ball as  I sit and write this post.
We returned to campus and I was going to pack but stopped in Michelle's office .  Spent a little time there and then went to coffee break.
While at coffee break,I received a call from Kay and Rick. Rick was returning my call from the other day. I had called to see how Dougie was and to tell them all about Joyce.
Dougie is doing fine . He is well adjusted,happy and enjoying retirement.  I am very glad to hear he is doing so well. I miss my Dougie dog.
I came back to my room,and   began writing the post for day 18.  then it was lunch.
I had turkey sandwich,chips and a  pickle.  the hot plate was  a seafood platter but it didn't sound good.
Lee Jonson sat at our table.   She was one of the first  people I met here back in 1988 when I got my first dog  guide Topper,a Black Lab.   Philipa Early ,Pete Jackson and her,Lee Bowling  were the class instructors back in july of 88.   it was very nice to se her again .
Right after lunch,Kristin and I went to see the Campus Cat.  This cat  is very  familiar with dogs, sees them all the time.  Krisstin and I took Joyce to see the cat before lunch but she didn't do very well,had to correct her a bunch of times.  she looked like she was going to chase the cat.
So, before the afternoon trip, Tom,the class supervisor brought his traffic wand to swatt her when she got to close to the cat.  it definiely worked.  They were getting along jjust fine. Joyce was wagging her tail and  the cat  wasn't phased by Joice being  near her.  This  is  good.
From there,Kristin took her three students: Kim,ken and me into town. we parked the van at the training lounge.
Ken and kim were the ffirsts  to  take the modified route on elm street.  She left them at the creamary  and then came back for me and Joyce.
On the first block,Maple,I fell once more, this time twisting my right ankle.  It only hurt for a short time and  we got there just fine at the creamary.
 soon after we sat down,we  placed our orders.  Kim got some strawberry  chocolate,Kristin the mint chocolate chip and Ken and I got the  peanut butter bash.  it was delicious.
While munching on our icecream,Kristin read all the puppy profiles.   she had 2 pages on Joyce and the information was acurate.  Some very cute stuff in there.
kristin will soon e-mail it to me. so, you will see it soon here on the blog.
When I came back,took a brief nap and then fed  the dogs and out to parc.
Dinner they had steak,baked potato ,a lemon dessert.
Now,here I am,all caught up.  I need to finish packing. I am leaving at 5 a.m.   My flightis at 7. 
I will be home late morning. it has been a  great 3 weeks,fun and stressful at the same time. Hope you all enjoyed reading my journey here at the Seeing Eye and will continue to read about  my Life with Joycie girl.  take care.

No comments: