Thursday, April 08, 2010

Today's KDD: Our Recent Move,Dougie's Retirement and upcoming Trip to Seeing Eye

Its 10;30on Thursday April Eight,

I know, it has been months, since a KDD,I did create.

I have made attempts, to compose,

Its not that I chose

To not write doses anymore. I don't think there a waste,

That is not the case,

At all. I have had writers block. the words just haven't come with ease
for me,

That is the only reason I haven't written a Kdd

In a very long time,

I do hope you are all well?, doing fine?

Enjoying your Spring?

Again today, a dose I hope to Bring

And post to my Blog,

I will give you an update on me, Darrell, and even Dougie Dog.,

I don't recall when I last written,

But in our new Place, we are sitten,

I think it was sometime in January?, sorry to say,

And yes, I know,soon,it will be May.

I guess,these are no Longer KDD's,not even weekly ones, so few and far
between,

Seldom, doses, can be seen

I have gotten out of the habit, lost my knack,

But I am hoping, the doses will be back.

Since, it has been ages,

And who wants to read pages,

I will provide highlights of our happenings, if I am able,

I certainly, don't want you to just turn on your cable

Or surf the net or shop on line,,

At some point, I'd like you to read this dose of mine

As I said, we are in a new place, in February we did move into a new
Apartment,

About 6 weeks ago, fast time went

My Mom flew out here twice ,early this year,

And it was she, who found this place here.,

We had a good visit with her, don't see my family much, since they, on the
east Coast and I, in the west

For us, she wanted what was best,

, a safer place, offered more amenities yet, still have good transportation

She wasn't out here for a vacation

It doesn't matter, how far one does move, whether it be Cross Country or 5
minutes away, its no fun

Still, a lot of work to be done

From beginning to end

That is one reason,why,I haven't written my friends.,

Not only that, a week after we were here,Dougie went to his new Family, and
I struggled with this,

He very much, I do miss,

In December, I retired him,he is getting old,

Has arthritis, other issues,think,in another KDD,I told,

Did tell,

You all. he is doing well.,

The first week, he had trouble adapting and was looking for me,

With him, I wanted to be,

I was very sad, stressed out, crying a lot,

But now, I am not,

I do miss him, have become more detached, but ,don't feel bad,

I know, I made a right decision. that I had

He is placed in a good home, not far from Darrell and me,

And he lives with a Family of three,

Kay,Rick and their Daughter Carolyn, they have a little dog too

They have a fenced in yard,one,that he can't get through,

Its 8 feet high

And there is more,

They have about an acre of grass and a doggie door,

A fountain on their deck, a hot tub and a pool,

Isn't that cool?

They also have a second floor balcony and a deck there as well,ain't that
neat?

They can lay there,snooze,watch the cars and people below on the street,,

Near the Superstition Mall,

Dougie and his new Buddy Eddie, can have a ball lol

They take him for short walks, he loves to roll in the grass and enjoys
baths with the hose outside,

Loves to go for Car rides,

And hang out with his human companions, not his friend Eddie instead,

But, the two of them, are getting along pretty well. , from what they all
said.

They took him to Pet smart to get a new Toy,

They really like him, think he is a great boy

Well behaved, lovable and smart,

They do know, for me, it was hard to part.

We have become friends with them and likely will get together soon,

Can't believe, its almost noon,

I want to finish reading "wake" so I can begin "Watch", Robert J Sawyer's
book two, of his Trilogy

Its excellent, if you have red his Novels, you will agree.

Yet, it was important to me, to compose a Kdd for you all, because it has
been ages

And yes, I know, my doses, don't always turn pages,

Don't' even know, if they even interest you? maybe, you have forgotten
all about them?, if they are on your radar screen??, or make your day? maybe
not?, then, I am through,

Hopefully you do,

Look forward to me resuming the doses?, and seem them in your RSS,?

Or point your Cursor to Karen's Corner, go to my Blog,

I will get you up to speed on things here, tell you about Dougie Dog.

Since I retired Dougie have received mobility training, learning more cane
travel, in our Neighborhood,

Though, I don't like it, for me, I know, its good,

Something I should do and is advantageous for me at this time,

And work is going well, things there are fine.

We continue to have a full hotel, Occupancy at 100 %,business has been
great,

We have gone Above, most Hotels in the state,

In the Valley. most Guests prefer what we offer, think our Resort is very
nice,

Despite, the price,

And the going rate, that they charge to stay,

Keeps us employees working each and every day.

Phones ringing off the hook, numerous of Guest request dispatched all day
long, at least in Housekeeping,

A log of calls I am keeping,

As the hours pass,

While 2 days a week, Darrell sits in class

Writing Stories for Journalism researching, reporting and practicing his
interviewing skills and Techniques,

And I on days off, going to 4 Peaks,

To the Chiropractor and to Curves Fitness,

Want to lose weight but doing it for my health, that is what is best!,

For the first time in years, I enjoy exercising, and the machines in the
circuit are easy to use, once I learned how they did run,

Its actually fun

And in 30 minutes ones workout is done,

Exercising every muscle group while music does play, its great,

And they have you check your target heart rate,

And stretch, to cool down before you leave the club,

They don't have a pool or a hot tub,

But that's fine. Staff are wonderful,accommadting because I can't see,.

They showed me,

All the machines and made sure I was safe and doing things right

I try and go on my days off and sometimes after work, at night.

, In a few weeks, I will be returning to the Seeing Eye on April
Twenty-four,

For me, this will be dog number 4,

I am excited and looking forward, 3 weeks I would be gone,

I am taking the Red Eye, will get there around Dawn.

Our friend Jeff, may be going too,

We are hoping to be in the same class, that we are trying to do

But, they may not be able to find him a match, so he may have to wait.
,that would be a bummer indeed,

But we both want to find, the right guide, the pup to lead,

Us, and have that pup for years

and I am glad, I don't shed tears anymore ,

About Dougie,that he is in a good place,

And at some point,Seeing Eye, will find a dog that Matches Jeff's pace.

We have spent time with our Friend Alice, working on projects here

Have had, wine not beer,

With crackers and cheese,

Gone to Applebee's

Chilies' and Sunrise Café,

Half is gone the day.

She has helped us, unpack and organize our stuff and done other things
as well,

Attended my DST Dinner at the Hotel,

A few weeks ago, March 18,

It was great,

Lots of fun and I made the Distinguish Service Team for 4 th Quarter 2009

We got home around nine,

Received an award, had good company and good food and drink,

Not sure what else to say, as I sit here and think.

I am glad a dose I was finally, able to compose for you all but now, I am
through,

And more often,this I intend to do.

Take care and stay well, I will definitely give you an update on the new
dog,

So, be sure to check out my blog,

Karen's Corner, so you can hear about my new pup, the new addition. it
will be soon,

For now, so long, have a good afternoon.,

1 comment:

TARA said...

Hurray!!! Karen is back!! I check everyday...
what words of wit will she next say..?
sad times they have been with Dougie retired..
but her new dog will soon have her inspired..
to keep moving forward,one step at a time
and soon her smile she will again find..
good friends,good work, good love ,good play
building blocks to live each day..
so friend, I am proud, of the spirit you give
to the wonderful way you choose to live
Tara