Tuesday, March 10, 2009

MountainWings: Ice Water

-------------------------------------------------
MountainWings A MountainWings Moment
#9069 Wings Over The Mountains of Life
-------------------------------------------------

Ice Water
=========

There is power in our tongues.
Let us be mindful of how we use words.

One hot afternoon, I asked my five-year-old son to bring mummy
ice water. He came back and said there is no ice water in the
fridge. I thought this was the strangest news ever as we
usually have about a dozen bottles at anytime in the fridge.

So I said to him, "Is there no bottle in the fridge?" and he
answered, "there are plenty bottles but some are cold and some
are not, but there is no ice water."

It was then that it occurred to me that because I used the word
"ice" he was actually looking for a bottle that had some ice
(frozen water) in the fridge.

I smiled and said, "Please bring me some cold water," which came
instantly.

Do you realize that sometimes we use words without considering
what we actually want to say?

Think of how many times you have used words just because you had
them in your vocabulary and which ended up hurting others.

Let us be mindful of our choice of words.

I thought this was a MountainWings Moment.

~A MountainWings Original by Clarke Larbi, Ghana~

from The Mountain:

Words that we use that often shape our world:
"I'm catching a cold" or "I'm gonna be sick"
"I'm poor"
"I'm ugly"
"I can never catch up"
"Bad things always happen to me"
"I will never find a good man (woman)"
"Why Me?"

Thank you for inviting MountainWings in your mailbox.
See you tomorrow.

Forward this issue to a friend or send them the link below:
http://www.mountainwings.com/past/9069.htm

No comments: