Friday, February 13, 2009

Today's KDd: My Surgery,what I remember and my recovery

I didnot feel pain, but some I do recall, lol

and here is a KDD for you all

look below,

and less then 3 hours will be time for Jeff's show.

It's Friday February 13 TH at 2 o'clock in the afternoon, the day before
Valentine's Day

I am doing okay,

Just Alright,

And I am here to write

And hope you all will listen to Jeff's Desert Skies show tonight?

Its 2 days after my surgery. it went pretty well from what the surgeon
said,

Have been resting much in bed,

Have been in pain every day, mostly first thing in the morning and late at
night, not worried this is typical for me

And this won't be a long Kdd.

The day, of surgery, an hour just the IV took,

And while trying to find a vein, my left knee just shook,

I was shaking and feeling cold,

Glad when they finally told,

Me, that the IV was running, had to stick me 6 times, it hurt bad,

And Dougie was sad,

When he had to go with Darrell, after they did the IV,

He is very protective of me

Yet, he is a good boy and was for Darrell and Alice when they went to
lunch,

They took Dougie and at the Cheesecake factory they did munch

Had a nice meal and chat just those two,

And went back to the clinic to pick up me when it was all through.

The I v wasn't the only thing that was challenging, but part of the surgery
was complicated,

From what the Doctor stated,

To me later, the extra tooth impacted in my mouth, wouldn't budge, hard to
extract,

And next Wednesday I go back,

The tooth was also upside down,

And the Doctor's office isn't here in town,

But in downtown Phoenix, about 20 minutes away,

And from what the surgeon did say,

I wouldn't feel much and I would not remember anything,

And it will be about a week that a dose to you all I do bring.

It's true I did not feel much but I do remember some of what went on, heard
he and the nurse talking,

And remember when I woke up, it was difficult walking,

Stumbled like I was drunk, could not walk straight,

And of course told to wait,

To eat, and sleep I should,

And the rest of the operation went well, went good,

The removal of the root tip and the bone grafting was routine, and towards
the end I awoke,

I Remember, my teeth, he did poke,

Were tapping with an instrument,

But he also told me I spent,

Part of the time sleeping actually was snoring; a good chuckle they had, and
said we are all done it's all complete,

And they helped me out of the seat,

And I sat and waited in a comfy chair,

And When Alice did arrive, the doctor did share,

How things went and instructions I should follow

And until the numbness wore off, nothing to eat and swallow,

Described the medications, directions for all four,

This all I do recall, and then we were out the door.

The recovery hasn't been easy, but pretty smooth for me, considering how
things were in the past

I know, just a short time this all would last,

The pain, the nausea and eating all soft foods, pudding, potatoes and yogurt

Expect pain and my mouth to hurt,

Especially because there is stitches in my pallet its beginning to itch
which is a very good sign, you know?

And soon I should go.

Darrell is keeping quite busy with school,

And he has a new friend, Jennifer in his Spanish class, she is very cool,

And on Sunday we will meet for the first time,

I hope I will be fine,

and be feeling well? They will study and we will choose music for our show

For the rest, don't know?

Have lunch from Silver mine, Well, they will eat subs, not me,

I can't have solids till Wednesday, you see

Need to have soup, yogurt, just very soft stuff,

I really had enough,

And it's been rough,

Taking perkecet, and this antibiodic,yet know it's all a temporary phase,

And hope, it will just be a few more days, ?

I am scheduled back to work on Tuesday February 17 TH, grateful for the
time they gave me, appreciate the time off and their understanding, I will
be okay.

What are you all doing for Valentine's Day?

Darrell took me out Tuesday night,

And maybe, something we might,

Do tomorrow , depends on how I am feelling,if I am not nauseous, mouth
aching and my head,

But likely will instead,

Celebrate Valentine's Day on my Birthday, next weekend, on my Birthday,

Much better I will be,

And should go, end this Kdd,

Its almost 4, getting tired, this was too much for one day, for me to
write,

Take good care,alright?

1 comment:

Jenniphur said...

Karen, I'm sorry you had to have surgery. I'm terrified of it in the first place, so I admire your courage and bravery. Your poem was beautiful! You are so creative with your words. Have you ever published any poems? You sound like a professional writer. Have you written 3 books by chance? I really hope you have a speedy recovery. I wish you the best!