Friday, January 23, 2009

Today's KDD: My New Flipper,Jeff's New Dog and Darrell's Classes

Its Friday late afternoon on January Twenty-three,

And I am here to compose another KDD.

This morning the Dentist I did go,

And tonight we will not be covering for Jeff, doing his show

Darrell has had a long week, classes started, and already the homework is
piling up,

And I am sitting here with water in this cute ceramic cup,

This bear mug that I was given by Jeff and Keri,

And those of you who read Jeff's blog, know he has a new Dog named Harry.

It was a difficult decision and an emotional day for him yesterday,

Yet, everything will be okay,

And though despite the fact Declan had the skills and well he did guide,

Jeff ultimately did decide,

That Declan was not suited for him and his family environment, I know that
wasn't an easy choice to make,

Give yourself a break

It was best for everyone,

Now, the training with Harry can begin, has begun

There will be stressful times, but there will also be moments that you
will have fun.

Sending you hugs and love ya,hang in there,

And continue blogging, more do share

All your readers look forward with anticipation as to what is next

As jaws or window eyes reads the text,

Or those with full sight or those who read with a Braille display,

No matter the method, we want to hear about your day

The good, the bad and the ugly,

Your experience at GBD and other stuff in your life we want to see.

Its awesome, very cool, and a side of you that most don't see,

Except close friends and family.

So hope you will keep writing after you leave GBD and return to the U
of A,

Of course know you will not be able to write every day

Most who read your blog will stay,

Tuned and watch for highlights of your life,

Of things that have happened for you, for Keri, your wife,

The kids too,

Or even, Harry, the snakes and Mew.

As I was saying Darrell has had an overwhelming week with all the reading
and assignments to complete

He is taking 13 credits and with other students he will sometimes meet

To study, especially for his Spanish Class, its required,

And I am feeling tired,

I am feeling much better, but still have this cough, it won't go away

And I had an interesting Dentist appointment today.

Some of you know I lost my crown, my front tooth a week ago,

However, you may not know,

I have to have oral surgery sometime soon, Tuesday the surgeon I will see

Then, I know when the procedure will be

I do know it will take 4 to 6 months before I get my dental implant, hope
time will fly, will sail

Meanwhile, I have what is called a Flipper, its a whale,

Of an option some do say

It is a denture, looks fin tastic but only feels okay,

Actually doesn't feel good I am tolerating it,

It fits right under my top row of teeth, there is a plastic piece that
fits right under my pallet

And two clasps on the side,

And one little tooth its awkward ,strange inside,

Underneath, feel like I have gum or peanut butter on the roof of my mouth,
so its hard to talk. its like I have a lisp,

Like I have a speech impediment, I will get use to this

I will adapt, as I did with my prosthetic eyes, it's a similar thing,

Soon I will be able to sing,

Even though I can't really carry a tune, lol

I am not on key, I will soon,

Will be speaking fine

And I will drive all of you crazy who talk with me on a regular basis,

And I will again have a beautiful smile when I go places

Its like a retainer, about that size, take it out when I brush, eat and
sleep

I was given a new toothbrush and a plastic case to keep,

It in there when not wearing it

And now as I write this, I do grit,

And bare it, this weird feelling,it will pass,

And Darrell has been busy working, today he does not have class

Our friend Tina is back at school as well,

Things are going good from what she does tell,

She is taking music classes guitar, a woodwind one also ,

And a philosophy and psychology class, they all sound like fun.

Tonight Darrell and I may watch a movie, just relax and chill, not much
tomorrow we will do,

And the Dentist also said, its ideal to remove it when eating in public
too,

Will wear this for 4 to 6 months, seems like a long time,

At least its not nine,

Or a permanent thing, I am glad I don't have a full set,

Hope full dentures I will never have to get.

Well, I have worn this for 7 hours,

Think I will take it out, take a shower,

And a nap and put it in back again

And tomorrow I will try and wear it hours ten,

Since Sunday work I do go,

And Monday evening we will do our show

For now, take good care have a great Friday night,

And another time I will write.

No comments: