Friday, January 23, 2009

Mountain Wings: The More you Do

Hello Everyone,
I hope you enjoy these Mountain Wings. I certainly do. This is very
true. We all need to stay busy. The laugh at the end of the day is great.
If your needing a good laugh, some cheering up, then read this entire
message. Take care. We are ordering Pasta from Pizza Hut and will
watch a movie. Its nice to stay up late when I don't have to work the next
day. I placed my flipper back in my mouth after I took my nap. I won't
wear my flipper when I eat. I really sound funny and I am told the more
I talk the easier it will be. We shall see. I never had braces or a
retainer. I wore a mouth guard as a kid when I played
basketball,skateboarded and ice skate. It reminds me of that but looks
much,much better. There is no gap between my gum and from what the Dentist
said the shade is perfect. Its like anything, will take time to adapt,to
change. I do have a foreign object in my mouth after all. I will be
speaking clearly and sound like me in a few days to a week. Maybe I should
practice tongue twisters? Selling seashells by the seashore? lol.

Speaking of laughter, it feels nice and secure in my mouth. It is held
together by two small clasps one on each side of my jaw. I wonder if I
laughed so hard,it would pop out? My eyes have,not from laughing of
course. lol
Well, take care and I hope you all finding my posts interesting. Noone
has made comments in a wicked long time, so if you want to,please do.
Send comments or feedback on this or any post. I'd love to hear from any
of you. If anyone has had a "Flipper" and or a dental implant I would
especially like to hear from you. Have a great weekend. Darrell is
placing our order online so hopefully they will be hear soon. Then
again,its Friday. We should not have eaten so late. However, we were
taking a nap and then chatting with Jeff for a short while. Glad you had
a better day,things are progressing. Yet, what an emotional roller coaster
ride! I remember the days at theSeeing Eye. Being at dog guide school is
like that . Fortunately I never had to experience giving up one dog and
being placed with another all in one day. Hang in there.!
Darrell your day yesterday was a very bad one too. I know classes seem
overwhelming and some of your books are not accessible. How
frustrating! You have a ton of work but you will persevere. You will see.
You will get all A's again this Semester too. Hang in there and let me
know if you need help with your Spanish. I will be glad to assist.
I hope you all will listen to our show, the Desert Cafe show Monday night.
Stay tuned to more updates on my oral surgery and Darrell's classes. Have
a good night and hope this laugh for the day made you more then just smile.


-------------------------------------------------
MountainWings A MountainWings Moment
#1042 Wings Over The Mountains of Life
-------------------------------------------------

The More You Do
================

Where do you get the time?

Someone came to my house today who receives MountainWings.

They said, "I really enjoy MountainWings but where do you get
the time to write it?"

They know that I run two businesses, President of one and
Executive V. P. of another. Both are substantial businesses and
substantial responsibilities.

I am also the pastor of a church.

I also have a family (that may be the more demanding job).

They wanted to know, "where did I get the time to write
MountainWings?"

There are two points that I want you to understand,
the first one I will explain today.

"The more you do, the more you can do."

There is an old adage that goes,
"If you want something done, give it to a busy person."

By normal logic this would seem backwards.

It would appear that if you want to get something done you
should give it to someone who has plenty of free time on their
hands, someone whose schedule is open, someone with little
responsibility and ample room for more.

That would be the normal logic.

The truth is the reverse.

If you want something done, give the job to someone who is
already doing a lot. Don't give it to someone who has a lot of
free time on their hands and is just doing enough to get by.

Let me give you some simple examples on a personal level.

Who do you find in educational classes that are beyond mandatory
or college?

Check that crowd, it will usually be those with a lot of
knowledge already.

Go to a gym in July.
Don't go at the beginning of the year, you'll mostly find the
New Year's resolution crowd that will be long gone in two
months.

Who will you find that exercises the most and the hardest?
It will usually be those who are already in shape and
NEED the exercise the least. Those who exercise the most are
able to exercise even more. Those who are sedentary, get
softer and softer and are able to do less and less.

Go to a finance seminar. I'm not talking about a multi-level
marketing get rich quick seminar but a real honest financial
seminar on how to handle, invest and make more money. Who will
you find? Generally you will find those who are already
handling their money far better than average and have far more
than average.

There is a simple spiritual principle that reads,

"To those that have they shall get more added to them. To those
that don't have, even what they seem to have will be taken away
from them." Jesus said that, not me.

I didn't say it but I understand it.

I majored in chemistry.

It's called Markonikov's law in Chemistry.

The law is about hydrogen atoms and the carbon molecules that
the unattached hydrogen atoms move to. Markonikov's law states,
"them that has gits." The free hydrogen atoms go to the carbons
that already have the most hydrogen atoms.

The world puts it this way, "the rich get richer and the poor
get poorer." It's always been and will always be that way
whether you like it or not.

You may not think it's fair but it's the way it is and will be.

The thing is, it doesn't apply just to money.
It applies to anything.

Those who have an abundance of it already have a much greater
probability of getting more than someone who doesn't have any.

Anything

You name it: love, money, sex, health, peace, confidence,
spiritual enlightenment, etc., it applies. Anything

That also holds true for the negative things.
Those who are rich in negative things get even more negative
things.

So why am I harping on that?

To simply tell you this. . . GET BUSY!!!

When you start doing more, more things will come to you.
If you only do what the average does, you will get what the
average gets. That makes sense doesn't it?

SO GET BUSY!!!

Remember, the average person never reaches the mountaintop
because you can't get to the mountaintop on average effort.

You have to get busy.

~A MountainWings Original~

Laugh for The Day:

DRIVING STYLES

Chicago: One hand on wheel, one hand on horn.

New York: One hand on wheel, one finger out window.

New Jersey: One hand on wheel, one finger out window, cutting
across all lanes of traffic.

Boston: One hand on wheel, one hand on newspaper, foot solidly
on accelerator.

Toronto: Both hands clenched on steering wheel, driver staring
directly forward, cutting in front of you and slowing down to 40
in a 60 zone then looking in rearview mirror in wonder as to why
the car behind is flashing high beams.

Los Angeles: One hand on wheel, one hand on nonfat double decaf
cappuccino, cradling cell phone, brick on accelerator with gun
in lap.

Ohio, but driving in California: Both hands on wheel, eyes shut,
both feet on brake, quivering in terror.

Italy: Both hands in air and gesturing, both feet on
accelerator, head turned to talk to someone in back seat.

Seattle: One hand on latte, one knee on wheel, cradling cell
phone, foot on brake, mind on game.

Texas: One hand on wheel, one hand on hunting rifle, alternating
between both feet being on the accelerator and both feet on the
brake, throwing a McDonald's bag out the window.

West Virginia: Four-wheel drive pickup truck, shotgun mounted in
rear window, beer cans on floor, squirrel tails attached to
antenna.

Florida: Two hands gripping wheel, blue hair barely visible
above window level, driving 35 on the Interstate in the left
lane with the left blinker on.


Thank you for inviting MountainWings in your mailbox.
See you tomorrow.

Forward this issue to a friend or send them the link below:
http://www.mountainwings.com/past/1042.htm

****************************************************************
www.MountainWings.com

No comments: