Monday, January 12, 2009

Today's KDD: Guide Puppies,VR Streams and Light Rails

Its Monday January TH, 5 in the evening,

And I know doses lately you have not seen,

I guess, for awhile now my creativity did disappear

And nothing much has been going on over here.

I am just working, getting over a cold, this cough I can't shake,

And Tonight Barbecue Chicken I will make.

Darrell likes that kind of chicken

Loves it fried and when barbecue, for it to be stickin.

He has been taking O & M to improve his travel skills

We have been cleaning house, visiting with friends and paying bills.

Our Friend Jen and her Mom came for a visit this weekend, we had fun,

and after this, Dinner will be done.

Jen is someone Darrell knows from his past and we are all good
friends,unusual ,for us all its a good thing,

and the light rail is in full swing.

WE all took a trip on it yesterday,on the train and got coffee at the
Coffee Plantation,

only went to a couple stations.

I think we will like it,I hope most will,

We walked the streets near Mill,

were able to sit and chat,catch up with each other,

and spent some time with both her and her Mother.

We also have had a rehab teacher come and assist here at the house to help
us be more organized,

And will be baking potatoes with the chicken not fries.

For 2 weeks Darrell has been using our Light Rail; the system is brand New,

And today would have been my Topper's Birthday, but he passed away back
in August of 2002.

He was my first fur baby, was a Black Lab adore

And when I get my next that will be number 4

He was very sweet,gentle,loving and protective,

Till 15 he did live.

He was an excellent guide, but had separation anxiety big time,

And how are you all?, hope your fine?

Speaking of Guide dogs, been thinking about them all a lot these days

Each personality, guide work, and how they did play.

I still feel very sad that our friend, Cinda passed away,

on January Third,

This news you may have heard,

If you had red the last KDD

Or you can go to Jeff's new blog, and there about her you will see

It is a wonderful tribute to Jascinda puppy, his third Dog,

And it will be interesting to see what he does with his new blog.

Jeff will be going to GBD on Saturday,

For 3 weeks he will be away,

To get his new pup, its very exciting indeed, yet so bitter sweet,

He will feel energized but also beat.

Darrell is gaining more confidence and exposure to crossing streets,
taking busses and the train,

And lately we have-not had any rain.

He is having fun but thoroughly exhausted when he is through ,

Yet, knows this is something good for him to do.

My new VR Stream Darrell bought me I am trying to learn,

And in February Jeff will return,

Though new technology is a challenge for me, its all pretty cool,

And next Monday, Darrell begins his classes,back at school.

The VR stream is very nice,

a wonderful little device,

can listen to books,in text ,from NLS,

Material from the Library of Congress, and as well as Audio

listen to MP3's and take brief notes on it,

in the blind community its a big hit.

its almost dinner time, so have to go,

and Our apologies we are not doing our show

The Desert Café

I just have to work for the next 4 days

Had a busy weekend ,

But, we will be back next week my friend.

For now, take good care, have a great night,

And another time I will write.

No comments: