Friday, September 12, 2008

Today's KDD: Hurricaine Isaac and News Ratings

Today is the 12 TH of September at8;03,

It was actually a very good day for me

At work. I can't at all complain,

And not sure when next we will get rain,

Tonight I heard about an Accident, involving two trains,

On the West Coast, A commuter and A freight,

And hope your day was great?

That it was a good one?

And Soon, Isaac will hit, won't know the damage, until its done

Until its completed the Cycle, before it heads out to sea,

, right now, many did flea

This one has such power,

Heard right now, winds at 60 Miles an hour,

And has already flooded 300 miles of the Coast. not sure how much rain
fell?

Just heard, there is water in the lobby of the Holiday Inn Hotel,

And the Reporter's Satellite equipment is shaking,

They have mentioned glass breaking,

Not yet any debris flying, not sure now, how strong the wind is blowing?

And all Evening, This Hurricane, they have been showing

Geraldo Rivera is there,

Can't these Reporter's just share?

Information, the news? Without being melodramatic? They find it exciting,

When, live at the "Scene", when their citing

An Event, such as this,

Not a single minute they don't want to miss,

When, there is flooding, Plane crashes, shootings, they become Animated and
seemed thrilled

The more damage there is and more killed

They Seem glad, Its like they want a catastrophic situation, they are
waiting

To increase the ratings

So, their story will make the Headlines,, and Recognition they will get

And us, viewers would be glued to our sets?

What do you think? Do you agree? Am I right on the money

As I write this, I think, isn't there anything funny?,

Humorous, or inspiring to report? Haven't heard any in the last couple days

Just recalling 9-11, Hurricanes, Train Wrecks, Blazes,

And other Crimes?

Whether your reading the New your Times,

Wall street Journal or the U S A Today,

There is nothing, really Positive for the Journalists to say

What about a human Interest Piece?, A rescue taking place?

That is more my taste,

Up my Alley, more like my speed

Stories about Ordinary People, I would like to read

What about you?

Do you feel that way too?

I began to tell you about work, I had a pleasant day,

And my co-workers could hear what I say

On the phone through my headset which is a very good thing,

And I wish something upbeat I could bring

Rather then, these Stories about Hurricane Isaac Pounding Texas and 10
killed on the train

Sometimes, the News, I do refrain

I would rather, watch Comedies or a good book,

Then, hear about an Earth Quake, that shook

In California, or a murder in our City,

I much rather read something witty

And it, tickle my funny bone,

Or find out how my family and Friends are on the phone

Or write to you all,

And I am tuning out Geraldo again, mentioning the sea wall, lol

Drowning him out, turning my ear the other way,

And we chatted with our Brother-in-law today.

Bob, in Boston, seems all are doing fine

About 30 minutes we were on the line,

Bobby is now a Sophomore, and on Crew, the Rowing Team,

And Joanna, 13,

tried out for Field Hockey, she is Athletic and I think has a high
self-esteem,

Their Younger Sis Katie is in the 5 Th grade, doing just fine,

And after School, she spends time

With her little Cousins Cole and Liam, 5 & 2,

Hanging out, is what they do

They live next Door, I am sure, they have fun,

And its now 9;30, I should run,

Rap this up, , this should come to a close,

And Maybe, tomorrow, a KDd I will Compose?

I am off, Work I don't have to Go

I am not, going to see, how fast the wind does blow

Will listen to Delilah and watch Home Improvement instead,

And spend time with Darrell before its time for bed,

Another time, I will write,

For now, Have a good night.

No comments: