Sunday, June 01, 2008

Today's KDD: Our Memorial Day weekend with the Bishop Family and Kentucky Fried Karen

It is Sunday June First at 10; 38,

Hope your doing well? That your week was great?

I know, it has been over a week since I have written here, to all of you,

Yet, it was a difficult week to get through.

Last you heard The Bishop's were coming down Memorial Day Weekend,

That, was the last KDD, that I did send,

We had fun,

And a couple days later, my vacation was over and my work week did begun.

The weather was cool,

So, not much time we spent in the pool,

However, we spent some time in it, but not as much,

It was freezing cold to the touch,

It was only about 80 degrees for the high,

Partly cloudy, breezy, felt like beach weather, so, we did fry

At least, Jeff, Darrell, Keri and I.

We were only out there a little while on Saturday and twice on Sunday,

Too cold to play

And swim compared to previous years,

And Keri and I went to Fry's Grocery, not Sears.

To pick up groceries and cook burgers and hot dogs on the grill

And despite the fact, we couldn't go swimming; we had a good time still.

Two days, we had a barbecue,

And even, I felt like I was too.

I am Kentucky fried Karen, Kernel Shandrow, not Sanders, Flavored
Southwest,

I have been deep fried, so, it has been difficult to rest

Not well, I did sleep at night,

So between working, I did not want to write.

Here, I do joke,

And my hit counter hereon my blog, is broke,

So Darrell had to set the Counter again for me

And I have a very bad burn, you would believe me,

If, it you could see.

Seriously,my entire back was second and third degree,

I had applied some sun block on myself, but forgot to have Darrell put
some on me,

On my back, we got distracted; we were all talking out by the pool,

And as I said, it is usually about 100 here, and it was very cool,

The day before, we had a rain shower,

And I was only in the sun, about an hour.

This is the most severe burn I have ever had,

It is very bad,

Darrell and Jeff and Keri, have recovered from theirs, but, I have about
another week or so before I am completely healed

And they have all peeled

And the other day, I just begun,

But, I am not yet done,

I have already lost a layer of skin; have about one or two more

I was really burned to the core

Some of you May think I am exaggerating?, that I am over reacting?, what
I have said?,

Think,That I was just burned a little, that I am just very red?

And I only shed one layer of skin, and I am okay?

That it is hard to accept what I do say?

However, I am not embellishing my story it is true,

Has this happened to you?

Have you been burned like this? Do tell?

I have learned my lesson well,

The consequence,

This burn is very intense,

It is like someone placing their hand on the stove or being in a fire, but
I am okay,

And those of you, whom get burned, then peel after a day,

You may not understand how bad it can be?

And hope you never have a burn like me.

I will be good as new in a week or two, each day I improve,

Yet, as said, I have been in a lot of pain, hurts to move

Won't go into detail of this process,

It, I will not describe, yet, I had blisters,skin, I have less,

I feel like a snake,

Time, it does take,

Skin, I have shed, much peeling,

Better I am feeling,

Yet, did feel like I was roasted on the grill

recovered I will.

I am applying Aloe with Litacaine and also applying burn lotion, that I got
from Security the other day

After, the one security guard, told me, I had at least a second degree
burn, from what she did say

It is helping me heal and the pain has diminished,

Hope by next weekend, I am finished.?

I was Karen" Original, then Karen "Crispy", so have a bucket! or the Karen
strips,

It can go with your Mac Cheese, biscuits, or potato chips? Lol

In addition to being out by the pool, we watched 3 movies as well,

And Jeff and Darrell upgraded my computer, it is a dell,

They installed the latest version of Jaws,my screen reader, version 9,

As well as updated Windows messenger, now, I can hear people typing,when
sending I.M,on line.

Keri and Jeff, brought down the DVD's and their player , not VHS,

And Friday night, Pizza from Domino's we did digest.

We saw" Alvin and the Chipmunks" Evan Almighty and Daddy Day camp",

Not" Rocky or the Champ",

They were pretty good, Alvin was cute, and it surprised me,

And" Bruce Almighty" was better, was released in 2003.

Not much else we did , hung out, issues we did debate,

Glad they live in the state

Only two hours away not too far,

They can drive down in their car

Do not have to fly, take a train or a bus

And as I said, topics we discussed

Like the war in Iraq, how President Bush is handling that situation,

And it was the last day or two of my vacation.

We also discussed Accessability issues for the blind and Former President
Clinton and Hillary,

And though, we did not entirely agree,

Good friends we all can be.

WE chatted about Clinton being impeached, Monica Lewinski and the Star
Report,

And not at all, discussed my job, and what was happening at the Resort ,

Nothing about Hyatt,

We were not quiet,

Nor did things get intense,

And I don't usually like to discuss Religion and Politics, Yet,I don't
sit on the fence,

I do have an opinion; we all have a point of view,

We were all still speaking, close friends by the time it was all through.

Our beliefs were mentioned, but we did not fight,

Talked about morals, what was, is wrong and right,

Darrell and Jeff were more vocal about it all,

And those Events over a decade ago, we did recall.

Not much else to say

And besides, I have a Safeway order I need to complete by the end of the day

And tomorrow work I do return,

And I want to relax take care of my burn,

Spend time with Darrell, have time together

And right now, don't plan on being out in this weather,

Until I am healed until I am alright,

And glad again, I am able to write.

Do take care, stay well, okay?

And I will compose another KDd soon, another day.

1 comment:

Darrell said...

Actually, since the weather was cool, we were outside quite a lot last week end. Probably 6 to 8 hours total! Temperature was cool but the sun was out most of the time. Rain came in Thursday and Friday, clearing out on Saturday morning. We all had a great time, but cooler temps sometimes makes this kind of sun burn more likely.