Monday, May 12, 2008

Today's KDD: Home Improvement or Home Disasters? lol

In my opinion, there is not much good programs on, so, Often, we don't turn
on the TV set,

Would rather, read a book, or play on the internet,

However, there are some shows, that I like and find funny,

Wish, we could customize our cable. certainly save us money,

Not as much each month we would have to pay,

Some people, will watch TV all day,

All day long, just veg out,

For me, that is not what life is all about.

Too many reality shows,

Would rather, listen to music on our Bose

Radio,

Or out to dinner, I'd go,

You have, " American Idol" and Dancing with the Stars",

Or if folks are not watching TV, they are hanging out at the Bars,

There is too much mindless entertainment, or too much drinking,

Rather, then, being informed, actually doing some thinking,

Something worthwhile,

It is just, not my style,

Our Society is diteriating , Too much junk on the tube today,

What happened to kids, going outside to play?

I know, it is no longer safe to do that, so, that is why, they are
watching shows,

playing video's,

Going to the movies more, they should be reading,

More after School programs they are needing,

fun activities to stimulate their brain or exercise,

or ones to strengthen Family Ties,

No more sitting at the table, this is not often done

We all need to find more things fun,

I do worry about the future for the Children of today,

and we all need to work, but also do play.

I am not saying, one should not relax and find humor as an excellent way,

To unwind, after a long day,

That, is what I do,

To help me, get through,

As well as write,

At night,

Yet, I honestly, don't think there is much on at all,

As said, I would rather be on the net, or a good friend call.

I enjoy watching " Home Improvement", it is a really good show,

And I can not do any of that stuff, that, you may know?,

About me?

Mrs. Good Wrench, I kind of would like to be?.

Yet, I don't like tools and Industrial Arts

Don't like to disassemble things, examine its parts,

two very close friends Keri and Tina,that do

I wouldn't know where to begin, wouldn't have a clue,

On how to put a vacuum together or fix an air condition,

That, is not at all my mission,

For me, it is about servicing others or writing a novel some day,

Not with tools, I want to play,

Though, I thought about listening to the blind Handy-man show,

On ACB Radio,

So much more, about Home improvement, I would know,

And how to do some of these things without sight

But, the real question, would be, would I do it right? lol

I think not?, Who knows, maybe I will ?

It would all depend,

Likely, a professional, we would have to send,

Would have to hire, for the job to complete,

I don't think, I could even repair a toilet seat,

Caulk a tub, repair a drain?

That, is not how, works, my brain,

I am not mechanically inclined

Don't have that kind of mind.

I would like to know, how to do basic things here,

Yet, I am no engineer

And either is Tim the " Tool Man Taylor" on the home Improvement show ,
Starring Tim Allen and Patricia Richardson,

Back in the 90's , this show begun,

Not sure, how long it was on the air, now,its on Cable,

And Tim'sCharacter , isn't able

To really do the job properly, but, loves Power

It's a show within a show, lasts half an hour,

He is always getting hurt and making mistakes

Blowing up things or stuff breaks

The audience thinks it is quite humorous indeed,

His co-host Al,Of " tool Time", he does need.

Another dimension of this show, is the relationship between Men and Women
too,

The scenario's they find themselves, are quite true

And are issues that us all have each day,

How we cope with problems, by the things we do and say,

Every day of the week,

On the show, Answers from their Next Door Neighbor Wilson they seek,

to issues He does Philosophize,

is quite wise,

The Neighbor Wilson, stands behind the Fence,

Provides Tim or Jill with a Philosophical response, and to Tim, it doesn't
make sense

Then, when, Relays the conversation with his wife Jill he messes up what
Wilson had Said, loses the real meaning, interprets it all wrong

But, somehow, after 30 minutes, they once again, they are getting along,
lol

Like every show, the dilemma is resolved in 30 minutes or less not at all
Reality,

Not for you and me

And the rest of the world, but, it is just entertainment, under time
constraints, only so much they can write

To show, in one night?

And is this a mindless KDD?

Maybe, you will agree?

It is now, 11;53

No News I am here to report,

I amoff today,Just taking it easy, it has been quite busy, at the resort,

And so nothing,I have done today,

Should begin the grocery order for Safeway

And do that before the day is over,

And last night, there was a really good " Home Make-over,

At least,I think so,

And I really should go,

Get on my way,

Take care all, have a great day,

I will compose some more later, on another date,

Maybe, a Current Event Article, here, I will debate?

Tell you what is happening here, for Darrell and I?

For now, saying good bye,

Enjoy your 12 th day of May,

Hope a nice day you have had,

And 14 years ago, I became a College Grad,

In Human Studies, got my B.A in Psychology

That was a Major accomplishment for me,,

Better, go, said I would,

So, take it easy, be good.

1 comment:

Darrell said...

Yeah. I think it's amazing that "Home Improvement" really isn't at all about that subject but instead about the relationship between husband and wife. Pretty cool show, indeed.