Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Today's KDD: Dr. Seuss, our Engagement, and the "house of Tricks"

From what Dr. Seus says, it's better to be brief

Maybe, I should turn over another leaf?,

Maybe, my style, is wrong?

I draw things out, write too long?

Spend too much time?

Maybe, should read more books, like the ones when I was 9?

Maybe, I should read Green Eggs and ham? Or Cat in the Hat?

Maybe, working for a Hotel, is where I wouldn't be at

Answering the phone and serving Guests

Maybe, composing, some short, some long, would be best??

Perhaps, I need to embellish and exaggerate?

Maybe, my writing, would get a higher rate?

Maybe, I need to be like those techie types, programmers and engineers
whom write in two sentences or less, their points are made and quick?

Perhaps, that is the trick?

Maybe, my writing is a chore?

Is less, really more?

Do people sigh when my KDd's, they reed?

Maybe, Dr Seuss, your help I need?

After all you're a talented Children's Writer, a pro?

Is Your route, the way to go?

Maybe, easier, my words will flow?

If they are more alive and are cut in half?

Maybe, then, I will grab my reader's attention? make them laugh?

Tickle their funny bone? Relive some tension?

Allow them to forget their problems for a little while?

To make them forget their troubles and smile?

As they sit and turn the page?

Release their anger, sadness? Depression or rage?

The best medicine, is laughter

Maybe, they will after?

If I change my style, technique and approach?

Who knows? Use Dr. Seuss as a coach

Have I lost my marbles ,my cookies , my mind, my common sense ?

Could I write in the third tense?

Add, characters, actions, scenes and plot?

On the bookshelves, would my novel be bought?

Published? Be sold?

My manuscript, would it be bare, cold?

sit collecting dust?

Be a bust?

Never reach the publisher desks at all? uncertain today ,

Just know, like his books, what he does say,

And do hope your having a good day,

That it is going well,

And maybe, some day, I will have a book, that will sell?

Today is a pretty good one, don't have to work, that is a good thing,

If I had, in the middle of the afternoon, a KDd, I wouldn't bring

And post for you,

As well as lunch with a friend, I would not be able to do.

I was going to go to lunch with my friend Darcy, but, things fell through
again,

Not sure when,

We will be able to go?, where we will eat?

And today, I red about a Guy who proposed, on Twitter, he did tweet,

Speaking of proposals and engagements Darrell and I became engaged 3 years
ago,

That, did you know?

It was exactly 3 years yesterday,

On Jeff's Desert Skies show, love songs, he did play,

Mostly my favorites, he and Darrell did choose for the special event,

Can not believe, how fast the time went

And that it will be almost 2 years are Wedding took place, in June of 06,

And the restaurant I was supposed to go to, was called the "house of Tricks

Never tried their entrees, , treats,

And a few months after the proposal show, Jeff and Keri, I did meet

And we are close friends, we know each other well,

But,if you're a regular Reader,of karen's Corner, that you can already
tell.

Anyway, never been, but Darcy, recommended, going there,

And due to how things are at work, about it, I am not really able to share

And I have been not feeling the best, not that great here, I can not
disclose

And for now, this KDd, for you I do compose.

It is time for Little House on Hallmark, so will, write again on the
weekend,

Take care for now, my friend.

No comments: