Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Today's KDd: Scripting On Main Menu and my love Hate relationship with Technology

Its 6;30 pm on Tuesday March Four,

We just got back from the AT&T store,

&, In the nick of time for Darrell to co-host Main menu

And chat with the Guest, listeners and monitor i.m too.

We went to lunch, at the New Mall here, not far, only about 5 minutes it is
at,

Went to King Fish House, Outside we sat,

We were going to go To Ruby Tuesday's, yet its doors are not even open
yet,

We went to lunch with Alice, 8 years ago we met.

She will be leaving Hyatt in September, Retiring, wasn't at all
surprised,

For her, think this is wise

And a good decision for her mental sanity ,

Time at work, not the same it will be,

Now, that she will be leaving and so did already my friend Michael

And yesterday, Darrell had a chance to ride on a motor Cycle. lol,

He went to the office yesterday took a ride around the block with his friend
Tony, not Russ or Mac,

Darrell sat on the back,

And they were being two wild and crazy Guys.

Now, Doug is discussing scripting of window-eyes and the new version 7.o
,not released yet until after CSUN,

Scripting to me, doesn't seem like fun,

Yet someone else will find it a blast

And this program does go very fast.

I think the analogy he uses to explain the process of scripting is a
good one indeed

Non-techie's like me, more help I would need.

Defining objects, properties, methods and events in terms that anyone can
understand is the thing to do,

If non-programmers have a chance of learning scripting too.

The analogy of using the example of the Dog as the object is simple, and a
good one, to demonstrate, this is a good way to explain,

But not for long, with my brain.

and a good example of a" method", is playing dead

For me, most of this "stuff" is way above my head

Its now, 7;05,

And much earlier home, we thought we would arrive

Think, I will exit out of the main Menu Window had enough you see

Don't feel good about my ability to use technology

These Days can't even use my cell phone just can make and receive,

Calls, I don't believe,

I will learn these features, maybe I will ?

Will I gain the skill?

And do such things as play, on the net listen to music? Send mail to a
friend?,

Or my days numbered with this device?, Will it Come soon to an end??

I know, I shouldn't compare myself to my three closest friends whom just
happen to be techs, this stuff, comes with ease for each,

Will someone be able to teach?

Someone like Me?

I am not technical at all

I have a degree in psychology after all,

Work for the Hyatt Corporation, as a Housekeeping Office Coordinator,

Don't think I will learn much more, any time sooner or later?

Perhaps, I am Justin a blue funk?

Maybe, the classes being offered I wouldn't flunk

Maybe, I could learn more in time?

Hope your all doing well, doing fine?

I think this is an excellent program that Darrell and Jeff, do Host Every
Tuesday night from 6 to 8,

Its great,

At least its on then, in our time zone

Chat with listeners on the phone,

While Guests on skype

And some listeners instead will send I.m, type,

There Questions, all of this online,

And all within two hours, before nine ,

For some, during the dinner hour,

And at the same time as Steve Bower,

Was on the air, yet not anymore, he did resign, did a farewell show, said
goodbye,

Just as Friday night, Darrell and I.

They discuss adaptive technology ,its applications

For the blind, if not accessible, discuss the technical Ramifications

And how to use various products on our jobs and at home on our PC's

For some, technology is a breeze,

Comes natural, nothing much for me does, feeling discouraged, My skills and
talents, I don't see,

And it took us a while at ATT & T.,

I wanted to transfer the names on the account, with mine being the
primary one,

But, after going to the store today and several minutes on the phone,
finally told, that cannot be done,

That I have to wait 60 days, just want to take advantage of my Hyatt
discount ,18 % we get,

Thought, I would just have to show my Hyatt ID make me the primary user,
then we would be set,

Guess, it wasn't so,

And lunch tomorrow , with Marie, Darrell will go,

His former Boss and friend

And Main menu did end.

Did you know, today was National Grammar day? Tomorrow it aint,it is not,

And though, Grammar, I definitely was taught,

It doesn't always seem that way,

Because, I mangle sentences up every day,

When I write, send a letter or post a KDd to my site

Some aspects of grammar I have mastered I know, do understand,

Yet, with editing, I often, need a hand,

I struggle with punctuation with commas colon's, semicolons where they
go,

Sometimes I use too many, or not at all, you know?

Growing up I never read for pleasure,

Books, back then, I did not treasure

It wasn't fun more like a chore

Even though, I learned to read before 4

My very First Book was" Ballerina Bess",

Yet, details I did miss, I confess

As I progressed through school, the print became smaller not as easy for me
to see, to read,

In High School,Help I did need,

Used large print dictionary's and books on tape from RFB

Yet, Braille is what I should have been using instead,

That, was the way it was, the life I had led.

Now I face the consequences today

And despite the fact, that I am doing okay

Would like to do better, improve my writing style

And this KDd, has taken awhile.

Life was a lot different with partial sight

I am not feeling as bad as I was last night

I knew, a good night's sleep and lunch with a friend would help me,

I am sure you agree.?

Tomorrow I go to the Doctor, I have an eye infection, I think,

And at our dinner, tonight, I did drink,

I did have Jumbo shrimp and pasta Alfredo and a Pine-colada to drink,

And Darrell and Alice Fish and chips, Darrell only ice tea,

Knew in one hour, hosting on Main Menu, he would be.

Its now 8;31,

This is long, so for now, I am done.

No comments: