Friday, February 29, 2008

Today's KDD: Celebrating with close Friends and saying Farewell to ACB R I

Its Monday February 25, at 6; 58,

Hope your well? doing great?

It has been almost a week since I have written a post,

And today, I received a package from my Mom, from the East Coast.

Actually, I would have gotten it on Friday,

Yet, Darrell and I were away

She was sending me a Birthday gift, as to what is I don't know yet,

Darrell wants me to wait, he is on the phone, on the net

Chatting on skype,

While I sit here and type.

I am taking a break from doing some housework; dishes had to be done,

And our weekend, it was fun.

We went down to Tucson to visit our close friends Jeff and Keri only have
known them 3 years,

We hung out great conversation and good food, had coffee and cokes, not
beers.

Friday morning, we took the Arizona Shuttle, not greyhound or a train,

It's about the same distance from Boston to Maine,

Much traffic there was, got there around 11 o'clock,

Did listen to some rock,

Also,I did some reading on the Bookport,

The shuttle leaves from the Airport,

And drops off us at the Wild Cat's convenient store, near the U of A,

Did not do much, again, had to gather the music to play.

Friday night, we did our show on ACB R I,

And I finally began reading the Novel, "From the Corner of my Eye"

I think it will be good, most of Dean Koontz's books are but not the last
one I did read,

And Dinner, Darrell does need.

All the music for the show, I did compile,

And though, I was disappointed we may not do the show after all, they did,
they made me smile,

And Darrell had copied them to his thumb drive,

But had forgotten it, so, we weren't sure, if we would be able to do the
show live.

However, he had the e-mail sent from me, with all the songs, I wanted him
to play,

And during the show, they all celebrated my Birthday.

They sung me Happy Birthday on and off the air,

And as we exchanged our Christmas gifts, we described some of them on the
air.

Since, Keri had foot surgery in December, Christmas we did not celebrate,

So, exchanging of presents, we did wait,

Until now, until this past weekend,

And they are two of our best friends.

We gave Jeff, two, mini remotes for his key chain,

So, when, no one is home, and he can't find the TV remote, he will not go
crazy,insane,

Will get frustrated and feel like he lost his mind,

He won't have to worry, he will find,

And be able to use,

And the other item for him, we did choose,

Was a talking Radio alarm clock

It was nothing inaccessible or any kind of stock,

Or a program of finance,

It was to enhance,

And improve his sleeping experience and have a clock he can read without
sight

And Keri also received two things that night.

She, we gave a sowing tool kit,

It was a hit,

It has many tools, in a nice little case,

I know, those supplies will not go to waste,

It is portable; she can mend, when waiting in between errands and doctor's
appointments

Fast the visit went.

Keri also got an electric frying pan, space and energy it will save; she
can even bake in it,

It was definitely a hit,

Love giving gifts, things that are practical, but ones that I know, the
person will appreciate

And will use each week or every day,

And good music, we also did play.

WE received some very cool stuff too,

Special soaps and assorted coffees for a coffee pot to brew

Very cute singing frogs and snowman, they made me smile,

Opening all the gifts took us all a while,

Also gave us Oven mitts we lost in the fire, it was bad,

And last, for my Birthday, they gave me a electric king mattress pad

Have separate controls on each side of the bed,

And already 40 chapters of the book I have red.

They knew it would keep me warm at night,

And this KDD is taking awfully long to write

They all knew I would love it very much,

Warm, soft to the touch.

Saturday we just lounged around the house,

Keri and I, chatting about lots of stuff, some about, the 5 love languages,
of our spouse,

In the living room and Kitchen we sat,

Along with the kids, Brian, David, Dougie, Jascinda and Mew the cat,

While, Darrell and Jeff, in the computer room, in their cave,

Played on separate systems, Jeff busy switching platforms on his blog,
changes, he did save

And Darrell, checking e-mail , some they did chat,

chewing the fat,

And in that room, there, for hours,they both sat. lol

In the afternoon, us four went out, shopping we went,

And much money we spent

Groceries Keri got at Food city and left us, next door,

Us three, went to the At & T store.

Darrell and I wanted to check out the smart phones, specifically the Q-9,

We only had intended to "look" and then later, purchase on line,

Yet, it was the same price,

And it was accessible, and very nice,

So, two new cell phones we did buy, we were in there for at least an hour,

And it also came with a cute leather case, love the smell, more then
flowers,

And even perfume,

I sniffed the leather, and Darrell noticed, saying something, and so, then,
did everyone in the room.

We were going to go to subway for lunch but at home we ate,

Since by then, it was getting late.

A movie we had watched on Saturday night called Air Buddies sequels to Air
Bud,

One of the puppies was named Mud,

And butterball and Rose,

And sorry, no KDd for a week, I did not compose.

Its now, 10; 10, on February Twenty-nine,

Hope you all have had a good week? doing fine?

Yes, this Dose, I had begun on Monday night,

Told ya, it took long to write

Having difficulty creating this post,

And my gift from my folks from the East Coast,

I did open Monday night,

And will this KDd, be published today, on my site?

I received cute clothes, seems like summer stuff she did send

As well as some chocolate and laughing cow cheese, my favorite, nothing for
my four legged Friend

Though, Dougie always does think everything is for him he always wants
attention,

And I forgot to mention,

We were at Jeff and Keri's until Sunday night, until 6,

We just again, spent time together, had good food conversations and watched
old TV Programs, from the days, when us four were young,

And then, in the evening, to the Shuttle van, us, they did,brung ,

Us, they took,

And the entire time, I red more of the book,

Got home about 9 and work the next day, we had to go,

Worked for the last 4 days, quite busy, but, smoothly, for the most part
things did flow.

Actually, Tuesday, I was home sick that day,

And today, tonight, our last show we will play,

Yes, it will be our farewell show, on the air,

Hope timewith us , you will all share?

It is our last night on ACB R I,

We hate , that we have to say goodbye,

So long, Farewell!

That and many Songs from the Sound of music, I love well.

Seriously now much consideration we had made and with all the additional
changes on the station, it wil take much more time for each show to prepare,

Not leaving because, we don't care

I am actually, feeling saddened that the Desert Café doors will soon close

And this KDD, I will actually compose,

Soon, to my site.

I know, the decision to resign from interactive for us, is right

Is a good one

Much more we will be able to do, get done

Darrell can work more on accessibility and I can continue working for our
local Foundation,

Yet, some of that time, was devoted to the interactive station,

The foundation is a blindness agency, where I once, had found job leads for
unemployed blind, I want to see more folks hired

And today, I am feeling quite tired,

Was up late,about 2 a.m, reading,

And much more time on other things we are needing,,

We have other obligations and projects we would like to complete

And soon, here, we will all feel the heat

It will soon be over 100 one, can fry an egg on the sidewalk

And I am sure, our resigning from interactive is a shock?,

For some of you whom read this ?

All our listeners, we will miss.

We enjoyed presenting great music, but, that is not the half,

We had an opportunity to get to know you all some , through chat, and you
made us laugh

For the last year and a half.

We had our debut on August 4, 2006,

Played, songs from the 50's through today , a interesting mix

And we were on the air just about every week, first, early morning before,
we both were really awake,

Gave you tech news and your request, we did take

Then, sometime in the fall, we changed days and hours,

And you all even had a chance to hear me singing the shower

Not sure, for you if that was a good thing or not? lol

And we broadcasted during the winter, spring, and fall and when it was
bloody hot.

The café, adjusted its hours and opened its doors onMonday Afternoons,,

That worked out better for us, we worked all day, wide awake,not in a daze.
lol

Then, recently, again, we switched slots, our good friend Jeff ,much for
the same reasons resigned too

And here we are, we will see it all through

So, please, join us later today

in the Desert Café

From 2-5 UTC,

There, Darrell and I will be,

That is, Friday nights in the U S A,

I am sure, Darrell will have tech news and fun music we will play

Its now, 11 o'clock and I do have things to do,

And I am sure, so do you

This Doses pages 5,

And again, if you can, join us live

On ACB R I

Time forus to shut the doors, say our goodbyes,

So, gather your favorite beverages, munchies and sit in your cozy chair

And with us, time, do share,

For now, do take care. ,

No comments: