Sunday, November 04, 2007

Today's KDD: 1984

Its after 10 on Sunday, the 4 TH of November

And 1984 I do remember,

This is the year Kim is featuring in her Blast in the Past show,

Oh, how fast time does go!,

My Life was much different then,

Yet, I still remember then,

That time in my Life, it was pretty good for me,

And my apologies for no KDD,

Yesterday, I could not write at all,

And I attempted to Call,

My Sister Tara, and Mary Anne, my Friend,

And let's hope today, a dose to you all , I can send?

I was not going to sit Today,and, create

Because, I am still not feeling great,

Still feeling down about me, me, myself and I,

Not exactly sure why,

And Yesterday much of the day, we listened to ACB R I,

>From Desiree to Deb & Rick,

And we also attempted to watch a flick,

Scream Two it was not very good, either was the first one,

And in 84, trying to recall, what I done,

Did, I know, I graduated from High School, for me, that was a major
accomplishment,

Then, College I went.

My life was not typical, was on Patterning,a slow and unusual start in life
I had,

So, some, never thought, I would be a grad,

And recommended I go to a junior College or learn a trade

Because, I only receive a little above average grades,

And it is difficult for me to learn,, yet, I am tenacious and I persevere

And I am again, having coffee, as I sit writing here.

My Family believed in me,

And that year,, not as well, I could see,

But, did not know it, until a year later, in 85,

When, my sight, took a major dive,

Suddenly, it, all I lost, within a two hour time frame,

And since, then, my eye sight, has never been the same.

And, 3 times, it came and gone since then, many years ago, I have been
totally blind, since 91, couldn't see great since 86,

And in 1984, there was a really good music mix.

Anyway, Kutztown University, I did attend,

And it was around then, I began to make friends,

Prior to this, Friends, only had a few,

I was shy, introverted, a misfit, this was true.

I began majoring in Special Ed, wanted to teach,

even then, I loved the beach,

I love music, dancing, swimming and writing, just like I do today,

Just did those things in a different way.

I did not yet, use a screen Reader, I handwrote,or used the typewriter,
not the PC,

Several years, before, that wil be.

It was 87, when, I began using adaptive teck, the Keynote,

And backing 84, many letters, I wrote,

To my friends, who were miles away,

I would write a letter, every other day,

And each was 2 through 8 pages in length,

And then, I had normal strength,

In my arm, never had an injury, before,

But, in 1984,

I cut the bottom of my left foot pretty badly, not my hand,

I have a big scar,only really hurts, when I walk on the beach, the sand.

Kutztown U, was a Teacher's College, In P A,near Allentown,

that year, I was a punk Rocker for Halloween, not a clown,

I was involved in the Student Council and played basketball and the piano,

And my family, skiing, we would go,

Then, I loved the snow,

And enjoyed skiing downhill, but, when, lost my sight, it was no longer
fun,

Back then, well, I could run.

I participated in USABA, athletics for the blind, half a dozen medals, I
did receive,

A couple years later, the organization, I did leave,

Had more to do with, struggling with my blindness, with it, I tried to
cope,muchmore time, I did need,

And though, I did not like to read,

Now and then, I read mysteries and I still do

And saw some of the top TV shows too.

I remember, watching, ones that were a major hit,

As well as, I red a lot of American Lit.

I recall, watching Family Ties, Cheers and Cosby on Thursday Night's,

No one, then was on the internet, surfing web sites,

Creating posts for their blogs,

We all were in the Library,doing research from a card catalog,

Not on the net, not at all

No using google, shopping online, rather, physically going to the Mall.,

This is all I can recall, from that year,

And I should go, have lots to do here.

I have to select music for our show, takes a while before the playlist is
through,

And have housework to do,

Want to read as well, okay?

Do hope all is fine, and your having a good day?

No comments: