Sunday, November 25, 2007

Today's KDD: 1976 and Plans for our Christmas Vacation

Its, Sunday, November 25, at 11; 26,

Again, listening to Kim's music mix,

It's 1976, the year she is featuring this time,

Hope all is well? that all are better then fine? J Lol

That was a pretty good year for me, I was 12 and this time of year, I had
begun the 7 th grade,

Learned to skateboard and ice-skate, no such thing as rollerblades

Back then,

We lived in Oakville Ontario Canada that was when.

Did not have many friends at all but, was a crossing guard

And received an award for working hard,

Learned how to downhill ski that year too, it wasn't an easy thing to do,

With partial sight,

But, somehow, managed not to break a bone, all was alright.

I just skied straight,

Headed for the "white", in between the rope tow gate,

And if I saw something that wasn't white, I leaned the other way,

And now, totally blind, don't like downhill today.

But, do like cross country skiing instead,

And Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys and Harlequin Romances I red.

I enjoyed riding my bike and basketball,

But not at all shopping at the mall,

Not like most pre-teens but, did love to letter write,

And for an American, I was tall, had height,

For the first time in my school photos, I did stand,

And was an Alto, in the Choir, not in the marching Band.

I did try and learn to play the flute

And we had lots of snow, had warm moccasin boots.

my favorite class was Language Arts,

And, I don't remember, many songs on the charts,

Did not like the music much there, not the same, as it was in the U S A

Really was happy when we moved away.

Today, is my condensed weekend,

So, this message I am trying to send,

To you my friends.

Work for 3 days,

And think Darrell is lying down in the bedroom in a daze,

Listening to Kim only a few more minutes, she will be on the air,

And time with Darrell I want to share.

He has a bad cold,

And not many rooms, at the hotel, this week will be sold,

Think Darrell's cold is getting worse, the Doctor, he may have to go,

And tomorrow, Jeff, you, may be doing our show?

Someone will cover for us, in the Café?

And I placed aSafeway order for delivery for tomorrow, not today.

My Sister Tara called this morning a little before 9,

And we discussed plans, The Science Museum? The Christmas Eve Party?,
somewhere to dine?

Soon, going to reach my other Sister, Mary Beth, speak to her not online,

But on the phone, and discuss the plans, what we will do,

And soon, this KDD will be through.

We will take a train, "the Polar Express" on the 23 rd , not Christmas Eve,

Want to visit with my little Niece's Emma and Marin but also see my Parents
before we leave,

Want to divide our time, between all Family, everyone,

Looking forward to our Christmas Vacation in a month, it will be fun.

And maybe, also on December 15, Jeff, Keri, Darrell and me,

Will go see Mannheim Steamroller, that Saturday night, coming here to
Glendale,

Not Tempe, Phoenix or Scottsdale,

We love their music, for Christmas, they are one of the best,

Soon, going to go, chat with family, and catch up on some rest,

Do take care, stay well, okay?

I will Write again, another day.

No comments: