Sunday, November 11, 2007

Today's KDd: 1975 and up late

It's Sunday, November 11, around 10 a.m, waiting for the coffee to brew,

How are you?

Feeling like a Zombie, wicked tired, how is your day?

And right now, The Eagle's "lying Eyes" Kim does play.

They are one of my favorite groups, but never saw them in Concert, Live,

And the year she is featuring is 1975,

That was a good year, I was in the 5 th grade, one of my best,

And wish, Darrell and I, last night, got much rest.

We were living in Upper Saddle River New Jersey, School I did like,

Had good grades, played basket ball and rode my bike,

Mrs. Mc keon was my teacher, she spent extra time with me,

And the college Kids had a party here, up late, you see.

I also was taught how to type, in Girl Scouts and Ballet

And later in that year, June, we moved to Canada, not May,

Over summer vacation,

And like listening to the interactive station,

On Sunday Mornings, should check the coffee Maker, need my coffee fill,

And later, will sort through boxes, we will.

Kim Is playing lots of John Denver, Jimmy Buffett, and Olivia
Newton-john,

And we finally got to bed 3 hours, before dawn

I red more of Dark Rivers of the Heart, last night, but, around 11;30,
the crowd did increase,

Outside, by the pool, no peace,

About 50 kids out there, playing rap and soft rock too,

So, we called the cops and by the time she did show, at 1;30, they were
through.

The Lady Officer, did not stay long at all, beer bottles tossed allover
the place,

If, I was a cop, I would ask for ID, other information, cleaning up and
going home, would not be enough, not the case.

Right now, she is playing Carli Simon's " your So Vein",

And back ing 75, love board games,

Would play scrabble and monopoly and had to do chores,

Kids back then, could play outdoors,

It was much safer, we would ride bikes, play ball, kick the can, until we
heard the cow bell for dinner,

And the music today, most are winners.

Kids then, were not as bored and had much more exercise,

And around 9 this morning, we did rise,

Rose,

And this KDd,for you, I compose,

I met my friend Andrea that year, I taught her English, and she, me, Greek,

And hope you all, have a wonderful week.

We kept in touch, when I moved away,

And in 77, she went back to Grease, from what her Adopted Mom, did say,

In a letter she sent me, I was very sad,

Knowing, not as many opportunities, she would have, and would miss the
American friends she had,

Yet, her Folks, wanted her back, now, that she was old enough, to help on
the farm and take care of the younger children,

In 77, was the last time I heard from her, that was when.

Its now, 11;04,

And back then, I watched Mary Tyler Moore,

It was a favorite show,

Now, she is playing Barry Manaloe,

Also a favorite,was the Odd Couple with Jack Clugman and Tony Randall,

And soon, many, will light Candles,

And decorate their trees, front doors, and bake,

And now, I am finally awake.

Back then, a stamp was 10 cents and 57 cents a gallon for gas

Unemployment at 8 %, and on December 21 st, we will leave for Mass,

The annual Salary was about 11,000 she did say,

And should go, have things to do today.

Take good care, have a good day,

And tomorrow, hang out with us in the Café,

If you can, great music, tech news, and other stuff , we will all have fun,

And now, this dose is done.

No comments: