Saturday, September 01, 2007

Today's KDd: Working at the Hotel and chose a bed we like very well :)

Its, Saturday, September one, at 3; 09,

How are you all? hope your fine?

It is Labor Day weekend,

What is new Friend?

We are listening to interactive, to the "fun zone" with Byron Lee,

And I am here, writing, the KDD,

Me, Karen Lee.

Actually, While, listening to your show Jeff, last night,

One, I began to write,

Yet, I was really not in creative mode, and had too many distractions,

I was reading mail, tweeting, talking on the phone and listening to the
interactive station,

Could not think, concentrate,

So, felt, like, that KDd, wouldn't be that great

That, KDD, I tossed it,

But, I continued to be a twit,

Last night sent more tweets which you all did read, and

, and finally sleep I did need.

Since, I have two days of stuff; I want to tell about, the dose, I will try
to condense,

And do hope by the time you finish, it all will make sense?

As I said, in a tweet this morning, I will attempt to maximize the content
and minimizing reading,

Quickness and creativity you're needing,

I will do my best to fill the bill, get the job done,

Make this worthwhile, but fun.

So, let me get this dose underway,

First will tell you all about yesterday.

And then, today,

You will be happy to here; I have good things to say,

Too add,

Two good days I have had.

I know, I have not been as optimistic and not doing very well,

Much of it, has to do with the changes, at the hotel,

Where, I work new technology, I have to now learn,

Not fully accessible, so, of course, would have concerns.

And Thursday, myself and a co-worker played with the new application, called
Iattendent,

And not well, it went,

Due to this, all the frustration, not much time spent,

And, if you red, Thursday's dose, you saw, the day I had, that I almost
cried, very stressed,

That, it was not one of my best,

In fact, the worse work day in years,

That, I shed tears,

Felt frazzled but, it was not like that yesterday, it was very good,
actually a delight,

And though, quite busy and not much time to write,

I for the most part, I enjoyed my day,

And was able to serve our guests with a smile and provided assistance, to
those who did stay.

My Boss, Claudia, shortly after coming into work, said, she thought she had
pink eye,

That she would have to leave, and the manager for housekeeping, would be me,
I

Keep in mind, I am the office coordinator, never been a manager so much
to get done,

Yet, I often, make sure things do run,

Smoothly, and things do completely, get done on time, and well,

Yet, we have a huge hotel,

#two-hundred eighty acres almost 500 guest rooms, a golf corse,
ballrooms,meeting rooms,several pools, tennis courts, health club and SPA,

too much responsibility each day,

not just serving our guests who stay,

yet as manager, assigning projects ,inspecting rooms and other public areas
on the property

Way too much for me.

However, once in awhile, running the department is something I have done,

The department, it, did run,

In the past and yesterday,

While all the managers were away,

Keep in mind, I had to do my job, office coordinator and theirs too,

Two jobs, seems like too much to do,

But, somehow, I made it through.

Since,in the morning, the phones were not ringing off the hook

Thought this new program we are using, I would give it another look

Since, few calls, from other staff and guests,

Thought, I, would try,just do my best

So, sat their in my seat,,,

While these work orders , I attempted to complete.

The first one, I did fail, did wrong,

But, I continued to practice, I am determined, and it did not take long,

The second one, I did, I did succeed,

The requests, I could read,

Went into view work orders, and there, I saw mine,,

Saw my ticket online

I was ecstatic probably sat there with a silly grin,

And, then it was then, my day did begin,

More requests, I did complete, on my own, by myself,

Improved my mood, confidence, and my overall mental health.

Not only, the fact, that I could now, complete work orders, but, it was
worth the time that was spent, and made me feel great,

It was also, that I was able to delegate

And assign projects that had to get done, that weekend,that day,

made sure everything was done, that, needed to be, follow-up messages I
did send,

Carpets needed to be cleaned and Engineering, had to make
repairs,

With the supervisors and other managers,information I did share,

Wanted to do a great job, before home, I did go,

You know?

Before, I did leave,

And can't believe, long is the Kdd, you receive.

So far,its 3 paiges, and I have not even told you about last night,
interactive's Birthday, and shopping at Sleep America today.

Anyway, my day went well,

Though,it was crazy at the hotel,

Not much help, I did need,

I was very pleased I accomplished much, I did succeed.

Last night, we had fun, listening to jeff, and the music , you did play,

And celebrate ACB Radio's Seventh Birthday.

You began with kool in the Gang and music like Come on Eilleen and tunes
from the group E L O,

One of my favorites, that, did you know?

You did another impossible question and chatted with some listeners on
skype and your 800 number, that you use for Main Menu,

You spoke to Jorgan timmithy, Tina, Steve,Marlaina and Darrell and I also
chatted with you

Some, like Steve and Tim mentioned their ACB Radio Memories,

And Darrell and I, had mini deep dish pizza with pepperoni with cheese.

WE had a great time, and more we will listen to before tomorrow night
does end,

And tomorrow, friends,

Darrell and I will be on the air tomorrow, Sunday, pacific from 4- to 6,

We will play for you all a wonderful mix,

And celebrate interactive's Birthday,

Now, I will tell you about today.

This morning went shopping At sleep America, only exists here in the
state,

Our experience was great,

We had an excellent sleep consultant, named George, very accommodating and
friendly and knowledgeable too,

He assisted us until we were through.

First, he used a diagnostic tool,

It was cool,

After asking us each a few questions, he entered some data in to their
computer machine,

And after, was able to determine what was the best bed forus, the
color was green,

They color code based on firmness, green is average, tan is the softest,
red is the most firm , and somewhere in between is blue

They, want to personalize, just for you,

So, each customer, can get the best night's sleep, feel rejuvenated and
fullof energy,

The one, we chose fits our needs, for Darrell and me

We had a chance to try some beds, we did lie on 4 or 5 different kinds of
mattress's and brands,, for awhile we were not sure,

And the gentleman who was helping us, had been a chiropractor,

For 35 years, retired from doing that, and from my home state,,

of New Jersey,

as well as new about orthopedic injuries,like mine,

so, we finally after two hours, chose one, that was more then fine,

for us, and it was also on sale, saved about one-hundred fifty bucks or
more,

we never been to a Sleep America Store.,

WE got a king size bed, Brand, Beauty rest, type pillow top and
Saige,light green linens too, can't wait,

Deliver tomorrow, it is the date.

It is now, Saturday night after five, its now night,

And I am not feeling well,, so not muchmore I am going to write,

My allergies are bothering me,

So, will end here, this KDd,

Do take care and stay well, enjoy the rest of the weekend,

My friend,

Take care of yourself okay?

Have a good night and Sunday.

No comments: