Saturday, September 08, 2007

This Weekend's KDD: Interactive Shows and The Karen Challenge, Jeff and I did blow lol!

Its Friday, September 7, at 5; 53,

For the last 3 hours, Darrell and I have been listening to ACB,

Right now, Kim is filling in for Larry playing Disco,

Before, her, we heard Marlaina's Show,

Friday Folks,

And then, at 7, we will be listening to our very close friend Jeff, and the

Desert Skies, he will end our night,

And today, I am off and here I write

It was very nice, Darrell and I both not having to work today, glad, that,

He could do, have that time with me,

Its great, his Boss Marie,

Is flexible, Easy-going and allows him to coordinate his schedule with mine

Hope your all having a fabulous Friday? And doing fine?

We took advantage of the fact, that we could sleep-in,

And hope you all stay tuned in,

On Sunday night on the Marlaina program, and see who does win,

The Victor Reader stream, a very cool contest,

And we got some decent rest,

Last night, and today, not much we have been on line,

Have been busy, we were out, at the NFB State Convention,

And those of you, who use twitter, saw, that, we did mention.

The Arizona State Convention was held at the Fiesta Inn on Priest and

Broadway,

We were only there for a couple hours today.

And we were going to go to a social tonight, in one of the Hospitality

Suites,

And we would rather, listen to interactive, and Tweet.

We only went to the exhibits, and spoke to a few folks, only there a

Little while,

Chatted with one of the computer Instructor's at the Foundation for Blind

Children and reps, who work for Sun sounds, we have a sun dial,

Yet, we lost it, they,have not realized it yet, I hate to say,

Anyway, one of the highlight's of this day,

Is speaking with Chris from the Foundation, and he did, do an

Demonstration for us,

Don't know what the fuss,

Is, we were rather, disappointed, in the product,

I think, it's not as much of a hit,

And a high price tag, the buttons are not tactile; they are hard to feel,

Some may find that, not a big deal.

We do,

And don't think its worth getting now, changes would have to be made,

They would have to upgrade,

And one, would have to be able to use it,

Doesn't matter that it is portable and can fit?

One, would want to utilize this device independently,

And I am continuing to listen to ACB.

Marlaina has a great show, yet often I am working on Friday's, but I am off
today,

I have not heard most of the songs, she does play,

Yet, still enjoy it just the same.

She played a song about Cobwebs and Dust by Gordon Lightfoot and one titled
the cornflower blues,

And soon, Marlaina, Darrell and Jeff, will choose,

A winner for the vr stream, tomorrow night on her show, 6 to 8, here,

And Marlaina is often, upbeat, outgoing and filled with cheer.

Other tunes she did play was a song by artists Cathy and Marcy,

Not Holly and Darcy,

And one, by Fred Small,

About how we all,

Have a disability of some kind,

Whether we have a problem with our bodies or our minds,

Whether we are old or young,

And the singer sung,

How we need to respect and accept each other, we are alike; we need to be
loving and care,

Whether, we are Abled body, blind, deaf, learning disabled or in a wheel
chair.

She had dedicated that wheel chair song to Garry, her husband, whom had
received a new set of wheels recently,

And also played a track about how life is a circle There are always twists
and turns, along the way,

And also Lora Branigan, she did play,

The song, Solitaire and a piece by a group called celestial navigation,

We have a lot of variety on the interactive station.

After Marlaina, was Kim, who covered for Larry?

Not Barry,

And she did not do a "blast from the Blast" she did disco and played
classic rock,

And during Marlaina's show Darrell slept, until passed 4 o'clock.

Kim played early disco and talked about a leisure suit and something about
a zipper dress, not sure what they are, I was a pre-teen,

Those, I have not seen,

Yet, she did talk about one piece jumpsuits, which I did ware,

And also I wore pants that did flair,

Like bellbottoms, yet she did not tell us about these

And I do recall wearing some skirts, above my knees,

That were mini, and she played the bee Gees,

The Hustle and the who,

Just to name a few,

What is new?

Next, was our close and dear friend Jeff, he is like a Brother, to
Darrell and me,

And he did his usual format on ACB,

For 3 hours he had great music, tech news and chat,

He briefly chatted with me and Matt,

Mostly with Darrell and Nickie, Puppy Braille about an upcoming show for
Main Menu

And Talked to Katie too,

The air, about how, only time will help one heel and that he was sad, she
lost her dog,

And Darrell, Nickie and Jeff, discussed, how to blog,

And we all send our condolences out to you Katie for losing Holga she was
your little pup, and am sure it was a shock,

And Jeff did play some rock.

And as always it was a good show, he likes to talk on skype,

And today, is Saturday, this KDD I finish and do type,

Last night, a couple hours after Jeff's show, Darrell Jeff and I were
chatting, just like we do just about every day, at night,

And again, both of them, especially, Jeff, were picking on me, teasing
me, alright,

And Jeff, said, he would challenge himself, that he would not tease me for
an entire day!

You can't do that, I did say,

He said, he would try and do his best,

And then, we did not rest,

I said, I would not write, that, it, would be a challenge for me,

And that is why, Tina and nickie, I did not write any tweets, don't you
see? lol

I almost made it, through the 24 hours, did not write a single word

Until, Jeff, I heard,

>From you,

And then, the challenge, I blew,

To your i.m, I did blow

Yet, so, did you Jeff, 24 hours, you could not go,

I did reply,

I said more then hi.

And sent a few

Messages your way,

And an hour later, you called and picked on me, later that day.

So neither one of us, met the Karen Challenge, not the Pepsi one,

And we both are done,

It's useless and hopeless for he and I,

Not a day can go by,

That, I can not write a word, you all agree,

And Jeff, can not go a day, without teasing me.

That is who we are and part of our relationship,

But, its okay, I can dish it out, and kind of, give him lip,

But, in a kind dear, loving way,

Wouldn't you say?

And I would not want things to change at all,

I do the majority of the writing and more, he does call,

And I know, it's not out of malice and would never intentionally hurt me

We are like Brother and Sister, you see,

And are very close, a Brother I never had,

So, to find a friend, who is like one, that makes me very glad

That is great, very cool,

And a little while ago , Darrell went swimming in the pool,

I would have gone, and already to go,

Yet, some of you may know,

I am frightened of fireworks, they scare me, I know, that is not a good
thing,

And today, after two days, a KDd to you all I bring.

Right now, I am having tea, and listening to Deb Lewis, Rick'sWife ,

And I forgot to mention, the wicked long discussion, Darrell, Jeff and I,
had today, about accessibility, everything, about life,

There was tension, it cut like a knife,

And we Philosophized, had an intense debate, the fur really flew

Emotions ran high, and tempers blown,

Yet, we stayed on the phone,

And we all had to chill out the rest of the day,

And despite our various views and life experiences, friends we do stay,

And we are all great friends, real and true,

And, now, I send this KDd to you.

Its now, Saturday, at 9; 56,

And Debbie, you're playing a good oldies mix,

I am enjoying it,

And now, that I am writing again, I can twit

Can tweet, having a good night,

Do Take care, stay well, write more tomorrow,alright?

No comments: