Thursday, July 19, 2007

Today's KDD: Vacations in Maine and Mountain Wings Message; You can't Please Everybody

Its Thursday July Nineteenth, at 10; 46,

And Today, I can actually listen to a music mix

Working again, is our XM radio,

And how are you? if you care to share, I'd like to know.,

In our living room, is playing the Blend,

And how are things Friend?

Do you have anything to say?

Today is my Mom's Birthday,

And she I called to wish her a good one,

And she commented, here we get so much sun.

And there, in New Hampshire, they are having so much rain,

And how recently, they went to Kennebunkport Maine,

Last weekend,

With Family, not a friend.

My sister Mary Beth, her husband Todd and two Children, Emma and Marin,
rented a cottage for two weeks, fun, they all had,

And last weekend, my Parent's rented a cottage for a couple days,

Where, we, as a Family had years ago, a few times stayed

And that, it is near a place called Goose Rocks beach,

Where, Dad us, he had taught,teached,

Us to swim,

And we would play with Mom and him,

When, we were all very small,

For a week or two, would have a ball.

My sister Tara and her 3 kids, were there, for a week recently as well,

And on the radio, is playing, "ring my Bell",

Everyone had a blast; a good time was had,

And from what Mom says, My Nephew Bobby, whom is almost 14, is tall as
Grandpa, my Dad.

They also went to a beach called Fortunes Rocks,

When, there, I would rather, wear my sneakers and socks,

The Waves are rough and much higher, and there I did not have as much fun

Yet, along the shore, I'd walk, not run,

However, if you were brave enough,

Were tough,

And enjoyed being tossed around,

Did not mind, the sound,

And mind getting beaten up by the waves, this place is for you,

Darrell, I know you do,

So, think you'd like it there

More about Kennebunkport Maine, I'd like to share,

It's a wonderful place to go, for a vacation

And very glad, our XM radio is working, that I can listen to the Blend or
80's station.

Anyway,

Goose Rocks beach is a fun place to play

And many fun memories I have, of the summers spent,

And of the Cottages, we would rent,

It did not matter if the days, were rainy, cloudy or it did sun

We most always had fun.

Even on the partly cloudy days, or when it would rain,

One could have a good day in Maine.

We would go walk in the early morning, before most would be on the beach,

Later in the day, go to a museum, or take art classes in town, they would
teach,

Us things to make with things we would find,

Like Marine life, enable us to utilize our creative mind.

My Sister's and I enjoyed the art class,

And on cool rainy days, would gather colored glass,

Nice smooth pieces, that can easily be found,

From the bottles left, tossed into the ocean, the waves, would pound

And scatter on the shore, not out to sea,

They were beautiful, if you could see, you'd agree.

Sometimes, we would collect clams, hidden underneath the sand,

One, could see a little hole, and knew they were there, had to be careful,
understand,

Their shell, you did not want to break,

Or our raft, to an island, we would take,

And pluck muscles, gather a few bucket's full and take them home, prepare
and eat

Would do all this, in just our bathing suits and bare feet.

During the day, my sister's and I would swim, or sand castles with Dad, we
would build,

Or when little, our pails, with water, we filled,

Also, in our pails

We would gather various kinds of marine life, Sand dollars, star fish,
shells or snails.

When, we got older on the beach we would read more or listen to the radio,

Or into town we would go

Sometimes, we would go to the Amusement Park or to the Animal Farm,

Or after dinner, browse the stores, small, quaint shops, filled with charm,

Had cool stuff, that was interesting and unique,

We enjoyed each week,

In the summer's that we spent there,

Learned to feed the animals, bottled milk, first with caution, and then
after, more comfortable, but still with care.

Fed animals such as sheep's and goats,

And on cold days, would build a fire read a good book or paint rocks, my
folks, a shark , lighthouses or boats,

Where as I, would paint flowers,

We would take many showers,

My Dad painted a rock, looked like a wale,

And home, I'd write my friends, hand-written letters, and would receive
mail

Those were the days, that I do recall,

Not spend at the arcade or the mall,

Next year, they would like us to go,

I'd love too, but don't know

Dad was also chatting with me today,

He did say,

He heard about Valley Fever and saw the other day an Aerial shot of a dust
storm,

I told him, this time of year in Phoenix that is the norm.

Not much else, I had to add,

Told them we are doing well, and that are jobs are going well, not bad,

And that was it,

And here, I now sit.

Last night, I was googling, trying to find material, to improve my writing
style,

It took awhile,

And some resources I did find, that I will look at in more detail,

Seriously considering taking writing classes and also looked at e-mail.

Saw one from Mountain Wings, said, they are more concerned about our Society
and in the past, that one, does read E-mail, then , see mail,

That we know people on line, don't visit our neighbor's house,

That we are more likely, to sit home, write an e-mail and use a mouse.

Also I read, when it comes to writing, no matter what Genre, there are two
things to remember, even if money, you don't want to earn,

How can it change yours and others life? and how from it,can we learn?

This is quite profound alright,

I attempt to do this, in these KDd's I do write

Not sure, if anything I here did say,

Had an impact on you today?

And difference in your life, my KDd's has made for you?

Change your mind set and the things you do?

Maybe, you discovered a new vacation spot to go??

Thought about how you communicate with family and friends, with and without
e-mail you know

Its now, noon,

How time flies, Safeway will be here soon,

Should go, things to do today, house to clean, and want to read, yet, this
KDD for you I wanted to compose,

How fast vacations go,

Do take care and stay well, hope your fine,

If you like, drop me a comment, a line.

#1023 You Can't Please Everybody


http://mountainwings.com

No comments: