Saturday, July 21, 2007

Today's KDD: Harry Potter Weekend and soon, my vacation will end

It's almost 11 am on Saturday, July twenty-one,

And last night at midnight, did you run?

To get the last Harry Potter book at your local bookstore?

Were you up all night? Up until at least 4?

Or did you go to a party or visit the chat room over at Bookshare?

Or like some, don't at all care?

I fall somewhere in between,

A single Harry Potter book in our house, has not yet to be seen,

Some will not even consider reading it,

Yet, I will begin Book one, and see why, this series is such a hit,

See, what this is all about,

IfInquiring minds want to know,, check it out

And you too, can say your part of this Phenomenon, and years from now, say
you were there, go look at the reviews,

You will have no difficulty; it's all over the news, on TV and the net,

If you google a little, you will find it, I just bet.

I am like that cute, little Curious George, that crazy Monkey, but not a
menace,

Or like Dennis,

You know, Dennis the Menace, a popular 50's show?

For some of you, its way before your time, you know?

It was for me,

I read the series "Curious George" and, Dennis the Menace, re-runs I'd see,

This, I want to Investigate,and want to explore, am inquisitive,

Have always been and wil as long as I live,

So, I will soon begin, not book 7, " The Deathly Hallows", but Book 1

Will, probably after the Little House books are done,

Have all been red,

I was up until about 3, and just got out of bed,

Darrell made me coffee and I am sipping it as I write,

And we are going to go to Outback, later tonight,

I did not use that entire gift card from my sister Tara, I did receive,

And I can't believe,

How quickly the bookshare staff, scanned the book and it, they did validate,

Many, were up late,

Parties everywhere, including at the national Braille Press,

Perhaps, not these very young party-goers, some, may have gotten rest?

They had a Harry potter party there, for Blind Children, they could all
share,

Their ideas: and costumes, they did wear,

I think, that is cute, great,

I am sure, you either love it or do hate?

However, many, more, are mad for it,appreciate it, you know?

Because, the statistics do show,

That, 350 million books were sold this weekend, 12 million, here, in the U.
S,

Can, that fact, you do digest?

And, it is spoken in 64 languages, in print, Audio and in Braille,

Can be read by Steven Fry or most prefer, from what I hear,Jim Dale.

Did you listen to Jeff's show last night? The Desert Skies?

And stay up until Sun Rise?

We did not,But did listen to Jeff, so did 21 other listeners, from what the
figures , did show,

That's wonderful you know?

He too, had a Harry Potter Party, had all kinds of trivia, questions from
each book, for us all,

But he chatted with listeners, who did call,

Like Debbie Hazelton, Timothy and Shirley,

Their Fans, not Darrell and me,

He spoke to Nickie Coby,

As well as Darrell and me,

First with Puppy Braille, about Harry potter, but mostly about FaceBook,

And soon after, I went to the site, and did take a look,

And did register, yet, it, I could not do,

What about you?

I could not get an Audio CAPTCHA and Fire Fox, I do not have on my system,
So, Darrell, had to register me,

Then, he and Jeff, discussed the yahoo petition and a new podcast client,
called pod breeze not Popery,

And Jeff, told us more about Harry Potter, the Characters, the Plot and the
Theme,

As well as mentioned Victor Stream,

And he said, on me, a Cast, he will spell,

With his magic wand, and soon, I go back to the Hyatt hotel,

Just 3 more days, my vacation will soon end, Tuesday, July
Twenty-fourth, to work, I do return,

To Serve our Guests, and those paychecks I will earn,

I have been relaxing and benefiting from the time off, and recuperating
from a sunburn,

And catching up on sleep, reading books, and organized some, our apartment,

Spending time with the Bishops, how, quick the time went,

Its now, noon, and in an hour, will be Desiree,

So, think I will go, not much else to say,

Do take care, stay well and have a great day.

No comments: