Sunday, June 03, 2007

Today's KDD: Remembering our Wedding and Celebrating our one year Anniversarry

Today is June three,

Our one year Anniversary,

Exactly one year ago, we walked down the Aisle,

Me, in my satin and lace, Darrell in his Tux and we did smile,

Earlier that morning I had a headache and thoroughly exhausted,

Worried about messing up, saying our vows, but happy to be wed.

Little we did that day, relaxed and visited with family,

And Friends of both Darrell and me,

To be there for our special event,

And money was spent,

Room service was ordered, a snack

Cheese & crackers, wings and coffee black,

It was good and curbed our appetite,

Until we ate later that night,

We had planned to be on the boat around 5,

Yet, more like 5; 30 or 6, we did arrive,

Longer, it took for us all to get ready, get dressed and go,

Witch delayed, for everyone to show,

So, much time on the boat, we did not have, no Rehearsal and we were not
oriented,

All would be alright, the family had said,

And it was, in the long run,

We all had fun,

Wish so early, it was not done,

And fast it did end,

We all enjoyed The Wedding Cruise,

The Ceremony went well, had great food and was fancy free in my dancing
shoes,

I was nervous when I said my vows, but Darrell was confident,

And fast the time went,

Exchanged Rings, a symbol, of our love and commitment,

Almost lost my Vail, the wind blew,

And, in 20 minutes, the ceremony was through.

It was raining, so could not have the Ceremony up on deck,

And Darrell and DJ Jim, set up the Tech,

Gear,

While, the Odyssey Staff, set up the tables, chairs, the bar, for wine and
beer,

Other mixed drinks, and the menu items that we all selected,

The Menu, Mom Red,

There was Chicken salmon or steak,

And of course wedding cake,

, Salads, potatoes, chocolate covered strawberries,

Crackers and cheese

, shrimp cocktail,

At 7, the boat did sail,

Out and toured the Harbor, but did not go as far because of the weather,

yet, we all enjoyed our time together,

They also had a chocolate Fountain,

And am sure, some had wine or gin,

, Great conversations were had, and Dad and Uncle Richie, German songs they
sang enthusiastically,

While some, sat chatted and had cake and tea,

And I, a fuzzy Naval with dinner and with dessert Coffee, Bailley's Irish
Cream, not beer

Yet, much, it, I did not drink, because music I did here,

Wanted to go boogie on the floor,

Knew, the reception, was only hours four,

Yet, wanted to mingle with everyone with all had a chance,

But also wanted to dance,

Celebrate,

It was all so wonderful and great,

From Elizabeth, the JP, DJ Jim and the Odyssey staff,

They made it special, we cried and laughed,

My sister Tara and Husband Bob made it even more special too, helped with
everything,

Wonderful memories, it does bring,

We will not forget,

And we have some photos and Audio of this Event

That we have as a keepsake,

And, we did not want to feed each other cake,

Get it allover the place,

My hair, his face,

His Tux, my dress,

Oh, what a mess,

That would be?

Though,others,might have wanted to see?

My Friend from College, Lynda, sung to songs, The Wedding Song and the
Rose,

Those are ones I chose

For her to do,

Beautiful, they, she did perform,

And, we did not have much of a storm,

Glad , it did rain, a welcome change from the Phoenix heat,

And, very happy , some Family and friends, Darrell got to meet,

Can't believe it has been a year, the time did fly,, for the most part it
has been great,

And later today, going out to celebrate,

I got an Outback gift card from Tara and Bob for my birthday,

Did not use it then, but will today,

Did not do muchof anything, began my vacation,

And listened to the interactive station,

Listened to Kim, played music from 1967, then, I was 3, was small,

Not much, I did recall,

Did have my first memories, that year,

Attacked by our neighbors dog, from then on, they I do fear,

But not all,

Other things, I do recall,

One positive one, meeting my Friend Ruthie, who lives in San Diego,

Met her then, long ago,

She was 17, and I was 3,

She was one of the volunteers on the patterning program you see,

She was in High School and wanted to major in Special Ed

Was there for me, first day of Kindergarten, College Graduation and when
Darrell and I did wed,

Began as my teacher, then babysitter ,big Sister and friend,

Much time, we did spend,

Have known her ever since I could remember,, one of the Family,

Very special to me.

The Patterning program really effected me, some, altered my brain,

And also in 67, first year went to Maine,

Kennebunkport, love the beach just about every summer we did go,

My favorite place, that did you know?

Its now, 1;38,

And getting late,

Still In my PJ's and slippers, need to get dressed,

That, would be best,

If, I want to look presentable for our date, and the kitchen I need to
clean before we go,

Then, come home,

And listen to you Jeff, host Marlaina's Program and prepare for our show,

Which will be tomorrow from 3 to 6,

Play our usual mix,

And some songs from our Wedding, we will play,

And hope you all have a great day.

No comments: