Saturday, June 23, 2007

Today's KDd: Much reflection and answer,to the Impossible question

I am sitting here, and a Kdd I am attempting to compose,
After, getting home last night, an I. Q I chose,
While, Darrell finished the show preparation,
We listened to Larry on the interactive station

Most of the playlist was complete,
And, for this show, much I did not do, I was beat.

If, the previous KDd's you did read,
You know, I was stressed indeed,
This was one of the worse weeks I have had,that, you can tell,
Most days, close to being sold out, here at the hotel,
Phones ringing off the hook and our Guests had requests , they,we
needed to serve,
And a dear friend, recently struck a nerve,
And it ran deep,
And, because, of all this, found it very difficult to sleep.

After weeks like this, one would be physically and emotionally
stressed,
And in need of more rest,
In reality,less sleep I had at night,
So, that is why, much I did not write.

Much writing I did not do,
Except, to work through
The issues, we had with our friend, resolved online,
Not by a phone call, Or not a meeting in person,
Not at all fun,
Yet, it was the only way it could be done.

E-mail was utilized, like a messenger client,
Numerous messages sent,
Very worth the time that was spent
Dozens of messages sent and rapidly,
Between us three,
The friend, Darrell and me ,

Depending on who it is, and the more you care,
Emotions high, and anger will flair,
You may, think life is unfair,
And that the person, isn't really there,
, Question things, did I,
And as said, at one time, the fur did fly
At one, point, I'd thought I would cry,
But, I did not, I kept my composure and did not fall apart,
Though, sadness, filled my heart.

Things, often have to get worse, before they get better, this is
often true,Why,is that?
Does not matter, what kind of spat
Who it is and the more you care,
Then, noone listens and lends an ear
However, if they are someone who is dear,
And matters, and important in your life, and makes a difference,
No matter, the misunderstanding and how intense
Things get
You will eventually, land in the safety net,,
There, you will fall,
Vanish, will the wall,
Maybe,not immediately,
At least not for me,
But, a little time after,
I can smile, and find laughter
In the humorous things,
And find joy,in what life brings.,

As they say, without conflict, there wouldn't be progress
And, sometimes, it is hard to digest,
What others do say,
The old tapes do play,
And one,may not like, what one sees,
In the mirror, andit may show in entry's
Such as the ones posted to this site,
And dim, seems the light

Despite this fact, eventually, tall you will stand,
And we all have misunderstandings, understand?
Happens, with those closests to us, those who matter the most,
Whether, they live near, or on the other side of the coast,
Its not your foes or acquaintances, you know?
But close friends and Family, are the ones, who help you grow,
The ones, who truly care
Who are reliable and often there,
And our lives we share,
Who invest their energy and time,
Even when, things are not fine,
And may tellus things, we don't want to hear or swallow,
Yet, with us they will follow,
Will be there, today, and tomorrow,
In happy times and sorrow,
In good times andin bad,
Still love us, when they get mad,
Or disappointed in what we do or say,
If, they really care, they will stay,
In our corner they will be, in our court,
Providing a hand and support,
And maybe,not always, but often, our spirit, they will lift
Each of them, family and our friends, they are a gift.,

There,is a purpose for us all on this earth,
We all have worth,
There is a reason,
Those, closests to us, hang in there, through the seasons
Through sun, rain and snow
And strong, the wind may blow
And hard the rain will fall,
If the relationship is good, you will make it through anything at
all

Did not realize, much time was spent on my thoughts on this, the
feelings I just disclosed,
Everything, yesterday,
Thought,I did say,
And how are you all?, how is your day? ,

Obviously, more on this subject I needed to journal about, more I
needed to write,
Before, all could be alright
And time I need to think, and comments made, I need to consider,
Reflect, forgive, so I will not be angry and bitter,
Ponder, the critical remarks, still weigh on my mind
Through all this, eventually, peace I will find

I definitely have forgiven, and the person,a great friend,one of the
best,
But, why, are we put through the test?
Relationships, are like a dance,
And the good ones, I will take a chance.
Three steps forward, two steps back, and feelings, did get bruised,
But, for some reason certain friends, we choose,
And family we do not pick, but friends we do,
And the ones, who are rare and true,
Hang on too,
Life is sweeter and even in bad times, the friendship will mend,
And be there until the end

Its now, 10 o' clock,
And to work I arrived late, at 7;05, pulled into the dock,.
When, I am schedule to start my shift at 7, happy I was not, you
know,
It was not until 6;40, that at our house, the driver did show,
His shift did not begin until 6,, so, how can he get me on
time?,right?
Traffic, we were told,he did fight,
That, he " was on the way",
Certainly,not a good beginning to my day

I began this KDd, writing about preparing for Jeff, your show,
I did digress, happens, so,it goes,
Glad, a Kdd today, I can actually compose.
Anyway,
Yesterday, the entire week was long,
So, I really did not come up with any songs,
But, I found the Impossible question,
And the show was fun.

We played a variety of music, 3 hours it did run.

Not many listeners we had,not much people did share,
No skype chats, all, knew,Jeff, you were not there,
We did get some participation, from Tina, Jessie and Adrien,
Answers, they did provide,and glad, the show was over at 10,
We had a winner, Jessie, got the I.Q right,
And soon, after the show, I called it a night.

For those of you, who did not listen to the show
And would like to know,
What, the question was,I will give it here,in this Kdd,
Surprised, you may be.,

Surveyed, were 800,000 Women,
Not at all men,
What, was the top dream job? What, would they mostlike to do?
What about you?
What, would you say?
If you could,how would you spend your day?

Many answers tina, did give,,many filled her brain,
And this question and music, us,it did entertain.

The answer to this question I do send,
My friend,
Most Women, dreamed being a best selling author, such as myself,
Not working in mental health,
Not in that Field, or a host of a reality show or a politician
Oran astronaut on a mission,
Not a actress, a computer programmer, or a baker,
Not a singer, Wife or a home maker
Not a Doctor, Lawyer, or a news anchor,
Or a comedian, nurse or a banker.
Not a character on Sesame street or someone famous on television,,
Or a surgeon who makes incisions,
Or anyone working for the EPA,
Not even an artist, who enjoys molding things from clay,

A writer, yes, and that is what I dream of,
This hobby I love.

Speaking of jobs, I must get back to doing mine
Office coordinator, many phone lines
Right now, not many do ring,

Yet, I am sure, it will pick up, we will be in full swing,
Many room moves, and VIP's, and guest request,
And when, get home, I will want to rest.

We have 189 rooms to depart and arrive, 220,
So, work, I will have plenty,
So, better, I go,
You know?
Darrell is working too,
And tomorrow, it will be even busier , you see
And likely, I wil not write a Kdd,

Tomorrow, 307 to depart and the same to arrive, here at the hotel,
It will be a day from hell,
And tomorrow night, my weekend will begin, so,looking forward to it,I
need to relax,,distress,
Catch up on sleep, get some rest.

Do take care and stay well okay?
Have a great day.,

1 comment:

Nickie said...

I'm sorry this week has been so stressful. I've thought of you often after reading your first KDD. Criticism can definitely weigh uus down, but please know that there are many of us who hold you in very high regard.

I couldn't listen to the show, since I needed to rest up, a friend is having her birthday party today. I'm still tired, but thought it wise to try to get more rest. I'm sorry I missed the show though. Maybe I should see if I can sneek my laptop into bed.

Sending big, gentle hugs your way.