Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Today's KDD: Instant Messaging Ediket, is it Necessary?

Instant Messaging Ediket , should there be such a thing?,
A KDD,on the subject I do bring,
I am not sure, but,it may be the case,
Is this a waste,
Of your time And energy?
Foryou?, for Me ??

I was commenting to Darrell,my perception of Instant messaging, and a
link to me,he did send,
And I am now writing this, for you friend.
I think of I.M as another form of conversation,a way to coomunicate,
Being able to send instant messages and at a fast rate,
And there should be a beginning,middle and an end, just like on the Phone,
One's I.M, should set the tone,
For how the chat will go,
How, the conversation will flow.

I do agree, one should knock, just like one's ringing one's door,
And wait, don't write more,
Until he/she opens the door,
Until the person responds, and does reply,
Say something , hello, hi,
And if he does not, its okay,
He or she is having a busy day,
Can't talk or has something to do,
No response is a clue,
To try again later, for both will be convenient To chat, to write,
In day or night.

Once the conversation is underway, is begun,
It is okay, to have it, but, complete it,until its done,
If one has a call or something else to do, write brb,
This will help, at least me,
Don't just go away, or say nothing at all,
Say need to run, talk later, will write or call,
Messenger does not let you know the person is gone, until its too late,
After, your typing at a fast rate,
Busily writing, thoughts your expressing, maybe, this is something I
should not do?
Its true.
They say write one thought or two,, not more,
Not four,
And don't take up the entire field, and a book to compose,
And when your done with the chat, close,
Please, just don't walk away, very frustrating indeed,
I am waiting for more to read,
And taking the time to have a dialogue,, but, then your not there,
So, what is the point,of the thoughts I do share?

I know messenger says, you can see the messages later, but do others really
see this?
I don't think,many do , the messages they do miss,
I know, I miss messages , so you probably do too.

The use of Emoticons is a good thing, can hear emotions, part of the style,
Use all the while,
To help in addition to the content, to understand, you friend
Less likely for misunderstanding, for communication breakdown,
They have all kinds, smiles, winks, sarcasm, frowns,
Anything you can think of, Imagine,
Crying smiles, angry ones and grins,
So many more than that,
Skype calling and Instant messaging is where it is at.

They also say make your point and watch for typos
Be careful for not too many messages to compose,
Simultaneously with too many who I.M, they use,
And if you have lots to say, maybe, this mode, should not choose.
This is something I do sometimes, and should not, its wrong,
My messages can be way too long,
And if I am mad at you and not feelling alright,
I will tell you off, more I will write,
Fill up the whole message line, its size,
I know, this is not wise,
But, when mad and hurt, I can not verbalize,
I can write and even then, sometimes,can't say anything at all,
And, I certainly, don't want to call,
And just yell at you,
That is something I can not do,

And this is not good I. M Ediket, I suppose,?
And should, this KDD, I compose?

The source for this KDD is a PC World article on instant messaging etiquette
available at the following link:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,99405-page,1-c,onlineentertainment/article.html

No comments: