Monday, May 14, 2007

KDD: Cone Head (4/27/06, 7:20 PM)

Dougie, My golden Retriever Guide Pup, had eye surgery last April, 6 weeks
before our Wedding. He had a tumor on his eye and shortly after developed a
Corneal ulcer. This is the KDD I wrote onenight about Dougie.
As you know,
Douglas has a Corneal ulcer in his left Eye,
that is why,
He has a cone on his head,
To prevent him from rubbing it,
& keep it from getting infected & red.
He is getting frustrated & trying to scratch,
The Doctor can not patch,
The Eye,
So, that is why,
He has the cone.

He tries to put his paw up to his face
Because, it is driving him Mad,
Ever since, he has the cone,
He looks pitiful & sad!

He's a very smart boy,
Sleepping more,
Playing less with toys.

Cone head walks into doors,
Not knowing what the cone is for.
He has his own little pharmacy,
Drops, ointment, a pain med,
You see.

The pain medicine is a chewable one,
Smells like a dog yummy,
That he likes & goes down easily,
and digest, first in his tummy!

He is also still on the antibiotic,
That was prescribed after surgery
To prevent infection,
One, more day on this,
He will be.
then, there will be none!

The pain med is helping a lot,
Yet, Dougie, is not himself,
Know, he is not!
He is still wagging his tail,
& gives Kisses throughout the day
He isn't himself,
Be glad when he is back, in excellent health.

He cannot guide,
Yet, is by my side,
He's my friend,
and he's on the mend.

We go back on Monday Morning,
At 9; 15,
When, he will be seen.
At that time,
The stitch will be removed from his eye,
&then, we will inject more dye,
To determine the significance,
What makes sense, to do,
Until he is good as new
and the corneal ulcer is no longer there,
& he is not sensitive to light & glare.

Dougie has a new nickname,
For the last two days,
He has not been the same.

Cone head is what it is,
& this is the biz!
A Few weeks ago,
I wrote about Jascinda, you know?
I wrote about her abilities,
& supposed programming, that she can do,
& tonight,
I am writing about,
What Dougie is going through.

A stinker, he can be,
Yet, sometimes, I am too,
I do agree.
& I can be a real pain
& sensitive for my own good,
But, would do anything for those I care about,

Including you all, I would!

It is time for me to go,
I have said enough in my notes today
Did you see, what Darrell did say?,
I write too much,
Yet, Darrell wrote & did keep in touch.
I will try & write less,
& he more
& things will be more balanced,
& perhaps, not as intense,
&, things will make more sense,
As we both will give,
You all an update, on the life we live.

No comments: